What's new

Sikh Troops Firing ATGM to destroy posts on LoC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice the precision and devastation of Konkurs M ATGM in Bunker Busting role. The entire Post has been reduced to rubble when the missile exploded inside the Bunker.

Also, notice the flag over the post means that it was occupied by the Troops.

Good work. I hope it was not one of their own post or a fake one built by Indian soldiers like it once happened in Siachen sector

In the alleged fraud, some of the units took videos to show fake killings in an obvious move to claim awards and citations for fictitious gallantry.

To make the “enemy activity” realistic the Indian soldiers built an enemy bunker on Indian territory and then destroyed it with rocket and mortar fire on September 21.

http://archive.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/may082004/i2.asp

They said tank. Are there tanks there too now?

Reactions: Mrc
At end of video... soldier is saying... tank has come... i mean wtf????

Siachen had been conquered long back in a glorious Military action of High altitude warfare leave it there.

================================================================================================================

But go and tell ISPR to publish the real casualties and don't hide it because there is no shame in it. Otherwise they will have accept after 10 years.

Like such LoC casualties last year which ISPR never mentioned and hide due to embarrassment.

His son NAUMAN studies in Army school Lahore and ask why ISPR never mentioned it.

View attachment 395288
View attachment 395289

14591788_1673652566297304_185555454955601255_n.jpg

14211952_1657978271198067_8861015464377892730_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009577290550&sk=photos&pnref=lhc

So you want me to question ISPR based on a random FB post. :lol:

Why shouldn't I question Indian army about very latest Manmohan Budhani who died an accidental death as per Indian army but was called as sniper kill by Pakistan as per some media sources.

Sources said that Budhani who was posted at Roshni post observed some suspicious movement near the post. As he alerted the fellow troops, he was killed in sniper from Pakistan.

http://m.dailyhunt.in/news/india/en...in+pak+sniper+fire+in+mendhar-newsid-66602797

A day later sepoy Ravinder Singh died too and again Indian army initially tried to call it accidental fire but later Indian media called it sniper fire and Indian army didn't deny or accept it. Drama of accidental fire didn't work in the time of Ravnider Singh I guess :rolleyes:

“Around 1745 hours (5.45 pm) on Tuesday, sepoy Ravinder Singh (20) of 21 Punjab D-Coy deployed at Damu post was hit by a sniper fire from Jhanda post of Pakistan on other side of the LoC, which is being manned by 650 Mujahid Regiment of Pak Army,” said an intelligence source.

However, defence spokesman, Lt Col Manish Mehta maintained that Ravinder Singh died of “accidental discharge”.

His death comes close on the heels of another similar death of a soldier, Manmohan Budhani of 20 Kumaon Regiment in Balnoi area of Mendhar tehsil in Poonch district along the LoC on the intervening night of Monday and Tuesday.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...ental-again/story-2ATdpdRIgmS6hYvk0UMLQN.html

Surely these media reports are far more credible than some random FB posts that you found after hours of desperate search on Google. :D

And this Siachen thing would be shared again and again. After in that case too Indian army destroyed "Pakistani posts" and filmed them for medals and rewards just like the video you posted. ;)

I agree with you. But a caution for you too. You may find names pop up randomly in lists in few years down the line.

I am cautious enough. Know all drama and nautanki of Indian army. :)

This is gonna get deleted very soon and you will earn a ban. Good Luck !

Now Pakistani fan boys will say its a scene from Bollywood movie shot somewhere in Gujarat ..or claim it was an abandoned post :D

A video purported to be one Pakistani army bunkers being destroyed by the Indian army along the line of control and which went viral this morning, may have spilled a secret. The Indian army is using retired Vijayanta and T-55 tanks as pillboxes along the Line of Control, their 105 mm main guns functioning as mobile artillery pieces.

The 1.41 minute video opens with a shot of an anti-tank guided missile (either a Konkurs or a Milan) racing towards and exploding inside a bunker. It is followed up by a barrage of shots and explosions which some army officials say almost certainly appear to be high- explosive squash head (HESH) rounds fired from a battle tank's main guns judging by their characteristic black smoke. A voiceover in Punjabi, possibly that of the cameraperson, adds credence to this. He whispers "Tank lag gaya...gira diya...Tank aa gaya..." (the tanks have hit).

One former commander along the LoC explains how he drove a Vijayanta into a specially-made driving position for use against Pakistani bunkers before the 2003 ceasefire. "The Vijayanta wasn't a good offensive tank and had mechanical troubles, but was excellent in the defensive role and made for a great pillbox. Its 105 mm main gun could literally shred enemy bunkers."

Armored corps veterans says the tanks given to the infantry units were largely static and had limited hull movement but full turret movement. The guns are manned by armored corps gunners. The .50 calibre coaxial guns were also used in cross-border firing.

The Vijayanta was the licensed produced version of the British built Vickers Mark I main battle tank (MBT). Over 2000 Vijayantas saw service from 1965 before being retired in 2008 and a handful of serviceable tanks were redeployed along the LoC as pillboxes. The T-55 was a Soviet-built MBT nearly 700 of which were inducted from 1965 before being retired from active service in 2011.

Disused tanks were extensively used as pillboxes during the Second World War where their hulls were buried in ditches and the hulls used as static artillery. The Soviet Union stationed thousands of obsolete tanks as pillboxes along the border with China during the 1960s.
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/transformers-retired-tanks-functioning-as-bunkers/1/948896.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom