What's new

Shut 42 terror camps for talks to succeed, India tells Pakistan

Marxist

Reaction score
Country
India
LAHORE: Indian Defence Minister AK Antony on Saturday asked Islamabad to shut down 42 terrorist camps – which, according to him, are functioning on Pakistani territory – if it wants Indo-Pak talks to succeed.

“Pakistan has not made any serious attempt to disband the camps that are functioning close to Jammu and Kashmir. The decision for bilateral talks has been made consciously and it was not an ad hoc one,” the Times of India quoted Antony as saying in Thiruvananthapuram.

“Although there was no breakthrough [at the foreign secretary talks] ... the process [of talks] will continue,” he added.

The minister said the central Home Ministry and the Jammu and Kashmir government had evolved a formula to check infiltrations and help “terrorists” return to normal life.

“Many have surrendered too. With the conditions becoming normal, there is an increase in tourist arrivals in Kashmir. Attempts for terrorist infiltration [still exist] ... [but] the armed forces are vigilant on the border,” he said.

About the US supply of arms to Pakistan, Antony said Washington should make sure that the weapons were used against militants along the Pak-Afghan border.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

lol thx for binger old news... i guess man find what man search....

If pak really wants peace in the region they should immediately act upon it

That does not suit ISI's agenda if they would not even stop the Haqqani's we do not have a leg to stand on

Posted. Sunday, March 07, 2010 :rofl:
Couldn't get anything better... I pity what the Bhartis search.

Posted. Sunday, March 07, 2010 :rofl:
Couldn't get anything better... I pity what the Bhartis search.

Your Mr420 dug up the 18 month old news buddy.. I pity the lack of comprehension of Pakistanis :). The results are pretty visible in real life too ;)

Back
Top Bottom