What's new

Shunned by Racism !!!

May be the Indians want to see those tan familiar faces only.anyways, they are being racist when they criticize some one for having a skin color which is different then the 90% of the native population(Actually racism based on color of skin is the most purest). However, Indians are not only being racist here but hypocrites as well if the English or some other state had treated the same girl with such disgust the entire India would have sparked into flames for instance remember that Shilpa Shetty fiasco?

Last edited:
May be Indians want to see those tan familiar faces only.anyways, they are being racist when they criticize some one for having a skin color which is different then the 90% of the native population(Actually racism based on color of skin is the most purest). However, Indians are not only being racist here but hypocrites as well if the English or some other state had treated the same girl with such disgust the entire India would have sparked into flames for instance remember that Shilpa Shetty fiasco?

Nice analysis!:tup:
Though some level of over-generalization of Indians

May be the Indians want to see those tan familiar faces only.anyways, they are being racist when they criticize some one for having a skin color which is different then the 90% of the native population(Actually racism based on color of skin is the most purest). However, Indians are not only being racist here but hypocrites as well if the English or some other state had treated the same girl with such disgust the entire India would have sparked into flames for instance remember that Shilpa Shetty fiasco?

Bro ....I presume you haven't lived in the Indian states of Gujrat , Rajasthan, Haryana , Punjab ,J& K ,Himachal.....even in Assam for any length of time....having lived in one of these states myself I can tell you that people ( especially girls there) have a 90 % chance of having skin colour fairer than or similar to the girl in the article......at least in the state I was ....every tenth man on the street had fair skin.....as far as features go...they change from region to region .....South Indian features are markedly different from features of people found in states like West Bengal or Bihar......

I 'll admit that cases of racism do occur occasionally ....one such instance was when 2 African cheerleaders in IPL was grossly asked to leave......the media had a filed day with this .....

but generalizing the behavior of Indians and presuming we have a 90% of a certain skin colour is quite misplaced.....and inaccurate.....

Nice analysis!:tup:
Though some level of over-generalization of Indians
Sorry if you felt that i was over generalizing but by Indians i only meant those who booed at her as even the title suggests that " Indians are being racist, says Newzealand beauty queen" I hope you will get my point now.

UrbanizedGreyHound. i gave that colour percentage point in accordance with the mentality of those people who criticized the looks of this girl under the pretext that they are not indian enough...... of course it doesn't matter to me if people are black or white, it's the inside that matters & not the outside, BTW i find tan more attractive :) but those people were being racist

I will repeat we all are Racists including Indians and Pakistanis. Myself too.

Its another matter when a gora calls us blackis we flares up so much and start exaggerating otherwise those skin whitening beauty creams found the hottest markets in India and afterward Pakistan.

Go to majority of men from India and their mothers like Pakistan look for a fair skinned daughter in law and wife.

:angel: Then there are low cast and high cast and rajputs and non rajputs issues.

What is it all if NOT racism

I will repeat we all are Racists including Indians and Pakistanis. Myself too.

Its another matter when a gora calls us blackis we flares up so much and start exaggerating otherwise those skin whitening beauty creams found the hottest markets in India and afterward Pakistan.

Go to majority of men from India and their mothers like Pakistan look for a fair skinned daughter in law and wife.

:angel: Then there are low cast and high cast and rajputs and non rajputs issues.

What is it all if NOT racism
Yup you are right people are like that in Pakistan. There is this endless obsession with skin complexion in India & Pakistan both, but people should not pin point some one out for having a different skin color & subject that person to double standards just because of his/her complexion like those people did at that beauty pageant.
Always loved this quote "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder"

Miss India not Indian enough?
Diva - Miss India not Indian enough?

11152.jpg

DOES she look Indian enough to win New Zealand's Miss India contest?

Jacinta Lal, 21, was in the centre of a huge row when she was accused of not looking Indian.

Her detractors felt that there are hardly any Indian women who are blondes.

But Lal is not just blonde, she has blue eyes.

She was roundly booed when she won the Wellington leg of the Miss IndiaNZ contest recently.

Miss Lal said she cannot be blamed for having such features. Her father is Fijian-Indian and mother, a New Zealander.

Organisers later confirmed that there had been "two or three" complaints about her eligibility, the Daily Mail reported.

The row comes just days after the Indian government protested to New Zealand about alleged racial slurs by TV host Paul Henry against the chief minister of New Delhi Mrs Sheila Dikshit.

Miss Lal told the New Zealand Herald she had heard what people have been saying about her.

She said: "...despite those small-minded people who made those comments, there were many Indians who encouraged me to enter.

"So just because some narrow-minded people make a comment like that, we can't assume that all Indians think the same way.

"There is no difference between what Paul Henry is saying and what those select few Indians were saying. They are all wrong..."

Organiser Dharmesh Parikh said that he also had complaints when she took part in the Miss IndiaNZ finals in Auckland in August and became one of two runners-up.

He said: "People said: 'Oh my God, look at this blonde girl coming to Miss India NZ.

What is she doing here'?

"Whoever these people are, they are a very small part of it. This event is called Miss IndiaNZ, with an N-Z, and I strongly emphasise that this event is not an Indian event, it is a Kiwi-Indian event.

"You must have New Zealand residency, New Zealand citizenship and you must have some sort of Indian background."

Beautiful Indian girl

He added: "It is a little bit sad. It is unfortunate for Jacinta as well. She should be accepted into the Indian world because she is a beautiful Indian girl."

New Zealand has been making news in India for the wrong reasons.

TV broadcaster Henry's offensive remark about Mrs Dikshit prompted India to lodge a diplomatic protest. He had ridiculed her name on his show.

Mr Henry had also made on-air racial slurs against Indian-origin Governor-General Sir Anand Satyanand, questioning whether he was even a New Zealander.

He resigned last week.

Indian discriminating Indians.

She is sexy :smitten:

Forget about her nationality........... lets talk about her instead :rofl:

Beautiful but she doesn't look Indian. Although technically she has Indian in her through her mixed lineage.
If more people like her live in India then maybe she would be accepted. But that is not the case.

Blonde hair in India = rofl! It would at least take 200 years of Indian blonde women living here for them to be accepted.

Back
Top Bottom