What's new

Should Mercy Killing be Allowed??

The people that speak loudest against euthanasia are usually those that have never felt that ragged regime of pain where you say "whoa, I never knew it could be that bad." Our achy bones or headaches are pin-pricks compared to REAL pain, and that extreme pain will (I guarantee it) make you want to die.

Then, there is artificial life support. Remove that support, and the person will die in minutes. Does God approve of keeping someone alive for 30 years artificially? Perhaps we are working AGAINST His will... he wanted to call that person home 30 years ago with injuries that would normally be mortal, and mankind jumps in to sustain life with ventilators and such.

Here In case of Aruna shanbaugh - she should be not allowed to die .

I Have seen her personally . she is in KEM hospital for 37 years now....as her family left her the day she was raped , she is being taken care by the Nurses staff of KEM hospital for so many years . So much care had been taken that she doesnt have a Single Bed sore. she is treated well there .she is not totally in coma . she responds.......The staff of KEM are against that she should be allowed to die.

another thing is The petition is not filed by Aruna as she is not in that state .... nor has been filed by Kem hospital staff but by social activist Pinki virani who is no where realted to her.

Im against death to aruna as she herself didnt filed the petition ...... If the sufferer files a petition himself than only should he be allowed to Die

disagree ... no absolutly not ... interfering in natures course isnt the right thing

Keeping aside all kinds of religious stupidity, I think if a person is having a miserable & painful life & is some where between the living & the dead, let him/her get out of misery.He/She has all the right to get rid of it. Simple as that

^^^ Here In this case Its not that simple - Aruna shanbaug is not having a painful life at all ..she is partially in COMA , She cant speak ...but she responds with smile when given food.. she is being treated there like a VIP by staff of kem hospital. And in this case she is not the one who has petitoned for her death , pinki virani , a social activist who is nowhere realted to her has filed the petition in court . The staff who has taken care of her is against her death .

Euthanasia should be allowed depending on case - If a person is suffering from miserable life and wants death then it should be allowed . No other person has right to decide life or death of a person .

Then, there is artificial life support. Remove that support, and the person will die in minutes. Does God approve of keeping someone alive for 30 years artificially? Perhaps we are working AGAINST His will... he wanted to call that person home 30 years ago with injuries that would normally be mortal, and mankind jumps in to sustain life with ventilators and such.

God should be kept of of this.

No offence, but this line of thought can be extended to questioning the use of vaccines and antibiotics

Gandhi & Euthanasia
The killing of an ailing calf in Sabarmati Ashram, at Gandhi's instance, had caused much commotion, and he had received some angry letters on the subject. The following is an extract from his long response.

"A calf, having been maimed, lay in agony in the ashram and despite all possible treatment and nursing, the surgeon declared the case to be past help and hope. The animal's suffering was very acute.

In the circumstances, I felt that humanity demanded that the agony should be ended by ending life itself. The matter was placed before the whole ashram. Finally, in all humility but with the cleanest of convictions I got in my presence a doctor to administer the calf a quietus by means of a poison injection, and the whole thing was over in less than two minutes.

"Would I apply to human beings the principle that I have enunciated in connection with the calf? Would I like it to be applied in my own case? My reply is yes. Just as a surgeon does not commit himsa when he wields his knife on his patient's body for the latter's benefit, similarly one may find it necessary under certain imperative circumstances to go a step further and sever life from the body in the interest of the sufferer".

Mercy killing should be allowed case by case basis.

Supreme court has differentiated between passive and active euthanasia.
Court has said no to active euthanasia, which means using lethal injection or any active mean to accelerate death is not legal.
However court is open to passive euthanasia, involving removal of life support equipment which artificially keeps a patient alive.

There's nothing merciful about killing. Merciful is seeing the beauty in every human being. Life is valuable, even when it is painful, and one person has no right to end the life of another. Should we start choosing whose life should continue and whose life should be snuffed out? Why we should decides the quality of someone's life?

There's nothing merciful about killing. Merciful is seeing the beauty in every human being. Life is valuable, even when it is painful, and one person has no right to end the life of another. Should we start choosing whose life should continue and whose life should be snuffed out? Why we should decides the quality of someone's life?

I guess you are a veggie?
The reason people are advocating mercy killing is because for some living is too painful and unbearable. But he or she is unable to kill self. Is not it merciful to help somebody die in those circumstance?

Back
Top Bottom