What's new

Shortly after wheat, Pakistan experiencing sugar crisis now: The News

jaibi

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan is now experiencing a severe shortage of sugar as the country falters amid a wheat crisis that left prices skyrocketing to more than Rs12-15 apiece.

During the 15 months of the ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf's (PTI) government, sugar prices rose as high as Rs64 a kilo. Over the past week, however, wholesale rates bumped up from Rs64 to Rs74 a kg and an acute shortage surfaced in the country.

While Pakistan produced 600,000 tonnes of sugar last year, the wholesale rate of sugar is now expected to reach Rs80 a kilo next week. Moreover, if the government does not stop sugar export, prices could reach up to Rs100 a kg.

During former military ruler Gen (r) Pervez Musharraf's era, sugar prices had shot to Rs105 per kilo during Ramazan.

It is noteworthy that Pakistan's flour crisis has become acute, affecting major cities such as Karachi, Hyderabad, and Lahore and with prices shooting up to Rs70 a kilo in some areas.

Earlier, Prime Minister Imran Khan took notice of the wheat price hike, ordering a grand operation against hoarders to overcome the crisis.

Source: https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/601586-shortly-after-wheat-pakistan-experiencing-sugar-crisis-now

In South Punjab there is a long lines of sugarcanes bundled together on tractor traily.....Even the road was blocked in my south Punjab Especially Layyah,Muzaffargarh and Bhakkar connecting local roads.....

I feel these are artificially created shortages, nobody else feels it too good to be true that right after the wheat crisis is coming under control the sugar crisis starts?

The mafia has completely surrounded PTI government from all sides, I foresee fresh elections in a few months and paindus electing their abu Nawaz Sharif back to the PM house. Good luck Pakistan.

There are few points to remember:-
  1. That's end of last harvest.
  2. Newspapers are on lookout for publishing negative News,their hype only adds fuel to the fire.
  3. Ruling junta is clueless.
  4. Opposition wants to pull legs of ruling party.
  5. Traders are not going to let this chance of making easy money slip away easily.
  6. Ruling party and it's coalition is incompetent.

In South Punjab there is a long lines of sugarcanes bundled together on tractor traily.....Even the road was blocked in my south Punjab Especially Layyah,Muzaffargarh and Bhakkar connecting local roads.....
That's new harvest,sugar from that would be launched around March.

Suddenly SC realized a PAF officer is misfit for PIA and is running PIA like family business, thus implying that a PM cannot even appoint PIA CEO, cannot extend armycheif, cannot fire a bureaucrat for not performing. Than comes the crisis like these to make it look like the government failing on all accounts. Nawaz goes scott free zadari gets bail, all of this pointing towards a inhouse change manipulated by the establishment, corrupt judges, bureaucracy and politicians.

I feel these are artificially created shortages, nobody else feels it too good to be true that right after the wheat crisis is coming under control the sugar crisis starts?

The mafia has completely surrounded PTI government from all sides, I foresee fresh elections in a few months and paindus electing their abu Nawaz Sharif back to the PM house. Good luck Pakistan.

In hassan nisar's words, tezaab se dhone ki zaroorat hai is nizaam ko

Doodh ki nehar behnay wala daur in 2016

Screenshot_2020-01-21-01-20-27.png

Imran Khan must call Emergency to , take control of Food distribution
The mafia will continue to hoard and artifically raise prices based on orders from London

The Food Mills owners , and Storage owners are coordinating shortages to make massive gains in 1-2 week long shortages.

The fuedal warlords owning land are also making sure their Agricultural sector is not taxed or questions asked about their farm land income and property tax

the evil forces have gone far stronger then the good ones in pakistan . i also blame PTI . they are acting like idiots shooting themselves in their own feet. just yesterday there was a clip showing the statements by shiekh rasheed, an idiot from KPK and the president regarding flour crisis in the country. look how they are making fun of the pakistani public. such a shame. people are not going to vote to anyone in future who will claim to bring any sort of tabdeeli.

The amount of snakes and traitors we have in our country is incredible

It's like they never want our country to change

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom