What's new

Sherry agrees to withdraw Blasphemy amendment bill

we know who sherry rahman is, but why did you post that picture?

You didn't get it. To show that the woman has a "loose character". However a closer look shows that president and Sherry was sharing a light moment.

@ Fida jan
You forgot to add that She is a chain smoker too.

Good going.

You didn't get it. To show that the woman has a "loose character". However a closer look shows that president and Sherry was sharing a light moment.

@ Fida jan
You forgot to add that She is a chain smoker too.

Good going.

maybe, but just because of this pic? i dont see anything wrong wit it, they look to be talking about something interestigtn.

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani Wednesday said that Sherry Rehman has agreed to withdraw Blasphemy amendment Bill.

Talking to parliamentary delegation here, Gilani said that Sherry decided to withdraw the said bill in accordance with the party policy.

Prime Minister urged religious parties to come forward with the policy to restrain the misuse of Blasphemy law.

Gilani made it clear that no committee was constituted to amend the said law.

I just saw on news channel that JUI has not accepted PM clarification and they will still take out rally. It's getting funny now.:rofl:

PM: We will not amend the law.
JUI: We don't believe you. We will take out rally.

PM: We can't even think of ammending it.

PM: We will never think of ammending this law.

You may wonder that if the Govt has backtracked from its stance then why JUI is still bothering them. Well they want to use this issue. They never miss such golden chances.;)

maybe, but just because of this pic? i dont see anything wrong wit it, they look to be talking about something interesting.

Yeah that's what it looks like but you didn't get it still. One could easily misinterpret it something else. Just use your imagination.

I remember in Taseer case, some people were posting private pics of his family to show his characterless personality. It's the same here. It's a way of expressing hatred and dislike. You know it is easy to hate a person if you could prove that he is characterless. Atleast in Pakistani society, it works.

As for this withdrawing amendment bill, it's just sad that PPP isolated her by refusing to support her. She has no way out other than to leave this issue.

Better luck next time. Till then we will continue our hunt for blasphemers.

Last edited:
I just saw on news channel that JUI has not accepted PM clarification and they will still take out rally. It's getting funny now.:rofl:

PM: We will not amend the law.

PM: We can't even think of ammending it.

PM: We will never think of ammending this law.

You may wonder that if the Govt has backtracked from its stance then why JUI is still bothering them. Well they want to use this issue. They never miss such golden chances.;)

Agree.This is their golden chance why'd they miss it

Yeah that's what it looks like but you didn't get it still. One could easily misinterpret it something else. Just use your imagination.

I remember in Taseer case, some people were posting private pics of his family to show his characterless personality. It's the same here. It's a way of expressing hatred and dislike. You know it is easy to hate a person if you could prove that he is characterless. Atleast in Pakistani society, it works.
When you are in a public office then their is nothing private. The most powerful man in the world; the American president(Bill Clinton) had to apologize to his public for a having an affair with Monica lewinsky and there is no need to be strictly judgmental about Pakistani society only........Richarad Gere kissed one Indian actress and there was a big fuss over that in India......Let an Iranian woman to come that close to Ahemedinijad and then see what will happen to her, Be proud of your country this "Pakistani society is so backward attitude" isnot gonna get us anywhere.

As for this withdrawing amendment bill, it's just sad that PPP isolated her by refusing to support her. She has no way out other than to leave this issue.

Better luck next time. Till then we will continue our hunt for blasphemers.

well, i got his point in the first place, thats why i asked him the question to see what he says. if we have the motion picture of the above, things would be completely different, not sure if you have seen the picture of ahmadinejad having a french kiss with another guy, this is exactly the same thing.

and i agree with your bolded part, in my country it is even worse than paksitan.

When you are in a public office then their is nothing private. The most powerful man in the world; the American president(Bill Clinton) had to apologize to his public for a having an affair with Monica lewinsky and there is no need to be strictly judgmental about Pakistani society only........Richarad Gere kissed one Indian actress and there was a big fuss over that in India......Let an Iranian woman to come that close to Ahemedinijad and then see what will happen to her, Be proud of your country this "Pakistani society is so backward attitude" isnot gonna get us anywhere.

People in public office are humans as well and yes they could have a loose character but then are they the only ones to have it? I know character matters but i just hate the moral judgement that people like to do. When we are discussing political stance of a politician then there is no need to bring his/her private pics. It just shows that you have a prejudice related to that person and you will not give him a chance because of that.

We are not backward. Our society has certain qualities like hospitality, optimism, resilience, ability to smile even in hard times but then there is an element of hypocrisy and intolerance as well. That's what i am pointing out. It's upto God to judge someone's piety, not us.

I am proud of my country but i think as a citizen it's my duty to point out the ills of my society. No society is perfect but we could atleast make it better.

Last edited:
well, i got his point in the first place, thats why i asked him the question to see what he says. if we have the motion picture of the above, things would be completely different, not sure if you have seen the picture of ahmadinejad having a french kiss with another guy, this is exactly the same thing.

and i agree with your bolded part, in my country it is even worse than paksitan.

We are getting offtopic but no i haven't. Don't want to. However, what was the reaction of Iranians. What did they do?

We are getting offtopic but no i haven't. Don't want to. However, what was the reaction of Iranians. What did they do?

In Iran i dont think there was any reaction to it, but on the internet it was circulating among anti ahmadinejad's users, especially american and israelis.

Back
Top Bottom