Shenyang FC-31 fighter performance 'leaked' online

Which fighter Jet Looks better option for PAF

• J-35

• J-20

• su-35

• T-50

• J-31

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have a question, it's good that Pakistan Air Force is/are getting these jets.. But can the country really afford it!? I mean it's not that Pakistan has a very good economy nowadays. These jets would cost considerable amount and will very much drain the limited resources the country has. Don't get me wrong, a strong Pakistan is good for the region.

@Syed.Ali.Haider , @Armstrong , @C130 your inputs gentlemen..

they really have no choice. they need a stealth fighter. no way would the U.S sell Pakistan the F-35, and I doubt Russia would sell them the Pak-Fa, so that just leaves the Su-35,JC-31, and J-20.....all three would be expensive to fly and maintain, but like I said they really have no choice.

or they could buy HQ-9 along with YLC-20

they really have no choice. they need a stealth fighter. no way would the U.S sell Pakistan the F-35, and I doubt Russia would sell them the Pak-Fa, so that just leaves the Su-35,JC-31, and J-20.....all three would be expensive to fly and maintain, but like I said they really have no choice.

or they could buy HQ-9 along with YLC-20

I'm of the opinion that if Pakistan decides to join the U.S. alliance in Syria and Iraq, they might warm up to the idea of selling PAF the JSF. It is meant for export purposes as well as forming the main fighter of the USAF, so selling it to an ally won't be that big of issue.
A squadron of F35 will cost anything in the region of $2-3 billion including support and training over several years. Pakistan can afford spend this amount if spread out like they usually do with military purchases.
A squadron of stealth fighters is enough to keep anyone questioning a purposed venture.

I have a question, it's good that Pakistan Air Force is/are getting these jets.. But can the country really afford it!? I mean it's not that Pakistan has a very good economy nowadays. These jets would cost considerable amount and will very much drain the limited resources the country has. Don't get me wrong, a strong Pakistan is good for the region.

When the time comes, Pakistan will always find the resources to procure and cover any and all critical defense needs. I have no doubt about this, given the record.

All this talk of PAF being cash strapped is seriously starting to piss me off....let me give you a common example....when you have cash in your pocket...you move to the bazar to get an idea of how much a specific item is gonna cost you..one doesn't do that when his pockets are empty...PAF I believe has funds at its disposal...its just a matter of prioritizing its purchases...

4557065061_2486c0e86f_o.jpg

4557065061_2486c0e86f_o.jpg

You have a weird question. Pakistan, at this time, is 25th largest economy on the world map. Pakistan isn't "as" cash strapped as we'd like to think. Their economy is improving, their stock market has doubled in the past three years, their credit rating has been stable for a long while now, and the ROI through stocks alone has been over 40% (if you invest smartly).

Bloomberg rates Pakistan's market one of the top 5 from a return on investment's standpoint. Their tax base has grown (still lots of work to do) but they have expanded it by a few billion already, various significantly large scale programs are starting to go live in the next 2 years, resulting in millions more and higher paying jobs and obviously more revenue and income. But even right now, they have over $ 20 billion in their savings account (not touching the Gold, Dollar, and Euro reserves).

So what that tells you, is that due to any national security priority, they won't mind paying $4-5 billion for these jets from their savings account if they have to. The government, through privatization of businesses has made good few billion dollars also, and a few billion dollars have been deposited back, which were lost / bad debt. So they aren't doing bad actually when you see financials. They aren't as financially strong as Korea or Japan or the Sweden are. But their economy is rapidly moving in the right direction.

They need a Stealth plane and this is it. They will be offered the JSF (export version) but post 2022, when the US is getting ready to move onto the 6th gen platform. So YES, they can afford it.

Yes it will. Look at the list of export partners for the jet; they've all been historical allies of the US, Pakistan is considered to be more of a 'swing' ally, there one day, gone the next, not to mention a strong supporter of Beijing.

The US is anal about their export control policies.

I'm of the opinion that if Pakistan decides to join the U.S. alliance in Syria and Iraq, they might warm up to the idea of selling PAF the JSF. It is meant for export purposes as well as forming the main fighter of the USAF, so selling it to an ally won't be that big of issue.
A squadron of F35 will cost anything in the region of $2-3 billion including support and training over several years. Pakistan can afford spend this amount if spread out like they usually do with military purchases.
A squadron of stealth fighters is enough to keep anyone questioning a purposed venture.

How is a strong pakistan good for the region ?

Back
Top Bottom