What's new

Sharifs laundered money in billions: Malik

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
LAHORE: Former interior minister Rehman Malik has alleged that the Sharif brothers are involved in money laundering billions of rupees and appealed to the Supreme Court to take action against them.

Rehman Malik also stated that he would even move the International Court of Justice if necessary against the money laundering of the Sharif brothers, terming it an international crime.

Showing documentary proof of money laundering to the media on Monday, Rehman Malik, at a press conference here, stated that he would also move the Election Commission of Pakistan and present this evidence before it.

PPP members, including Munir Ahmed Khan and Omar Sharif Bokhari, were also present on the occasion.Rehman Malik stated that Sharif brothers had deceived their own relatives, including Ishaq Dar, his wife, his nephew Musa Ghani and a UK-based Pakistani Qazi Masood and his family for money laundering.

Showing the affidavit submitted by Ishaq Dar regarding the ‘Benamidar Accounts’ on April 25, 2000, to the media, Rehman Malik stated it was evident from it that he had done all money laundering on the instructions of Nawaz Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif.

According to the statement mention in the affidavit, Ishaq Dar said “in early 1992, Mian Nawaz Sharif, who was then Prime Minister of Pakistan contacted me and requested to provide credit line of approximately Rs100 million to the business concerns of his family from Mordaba (company set up by Dar).

“I enquired from him about the collateral against the credit line. He informed me that he will provide foreign currency funds as collateral” the document showed Dar as saying.

It further quoted him as saying that he was sent copies of passports of Mrs Sikandara Qazi, Talat Masood Qazi, Kashif Masood Qazi (relatives of Masood Qazi, the person with whom Dar had stayed during his stay in England and later also introduced him to Nawaz Sharif).

The document further quoted Ishaq Dar, who is also the relative of Nawaz Sharif, as saying: “I had reservations in opening/operation of these ‘Benamidar Accounts but it was assured by Mian Nawaz Sharif that Qazi has agreed for use of their names and furthermore after the promulgation of Protection of Economic Reforms Act 1992, his government all the foreign current accounts had complete immunity against any enquiry investigation by any department or agency.”

“I was asked by Mian Nawaz Sharif to open four Benamidar foreign currency accounts in the name of Sikindra Masood Qazi, Talat Masood Qazi, Nuzhat Gohar and Kashif Masood Qazi. It was also decided that the foreign currency accounts in the name of 1st two persons would be opened/operated by me whereas the rest of the two Benami accounts, Naeem Mehmood, a director of my Modarba, company had to open/operate and sign the instructions under my supervision,” said the document submitted by Dar in the court.

Ishaq Dar further stated that he had opened two foreign currency accounts in the name of Sikandra Masood Qazi and Talat Masood Qazi with the foreign currency funds provided by the Sharif family in the Bank of America, by signing as Sikandra Masood Qazi and Talat Masood Qazi.

“All the instructions issued to the bank in the name of these two persons were signed by me under the instructions received from original depositors named Mian Nawaz Sharif and Mian Shahbaz Sharif,” the document quoted Dar as saying.

The former interior minister also told the media that he had also filed a written appeal to the Supreme Court of Pakistan to take notice of money laundering in light of the all these evidences. He said that a trust had been set up in Suadia Arabia in the name of Musa Ghani, the nephew of Ishaq Dar in which Sharif brothers deposited their money and withdrew the same the very next day. Because of this, Musa Ghani had to face imprisonment under Saudi law.

Malik stated that those who went to all extent to victimise Shaheed Benazir Bhutto for years had at once moved to get stay order from the court just because they knew that some more proofs, recordings were coming to surface against them. He alleged the Sharif brothers could not bring a stay order against the documents and his statement.

Rehman Malik went on to say that he would quit politics for good if the allegations levelled by him were proven wrong and asked Nawaz to go to the court and he (Malik) would prove all allegations.

Malik claimed he had proof of 14 cases in which the Sharif brothers were involved. Sharif brothers had transferred money outside Pakistan and deposited the same in an account titled as ‘Qazi’, he added. In 1998, the amount was transferred to Hudaibiya accounts, he said.

He said that more names would be revealed in money laundering case, complaining that immediate actions had been initiated against the PPP on such charges.

News Desk adds: Meanwhile, PML-N spokesman Senator Pervez Rasheed said that the allegations levelled by Rehman Malik against the Sharif brothers are baseless. In a reply to Malik’s allegations, Rasheed held a news conference at the PML-N Model Town Secretariat where he said the former interior minister was conducting propaganda prior to the elections.

The PML-N spokesman added that Malik had been showing these same documents for the last 15 years asking why no action had even been taken on them. Pervez Rasheed said the Supreme Court had also declared Malik a liar. According to Rasheed, the PPP and Imran Khan were afraid of the PML-N.
Sharifs laundered money in billions: Malik - thenews.com.pk

malik the evergreen joker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Instead of just accusing him, give us the proof
being the interior minister sure would have had its perks , so if u have, something , post it on wikileaks
I am all for transperancy, if hes guilty sure hang him and get the looted money back
Well same goes for zardari and rehman malik

LAHORE: Former interior minister Rehman Malik has alleged that the Sharif brothers are involved in money laundering billions of rupees and appealed to the Supreme Court to take action against them.

Rehman Malik also stated that he would even move the International Court of Justice if necessary against the money laundering of the Sharif brothers, terming it an international crime.

Showing documentary proof of money laundering to the media on Monday, Rehman Malik, at a press conference here, stated that he would also move the Election Commission of Pakistan and present this evidence before it.

PPP members, including Munir Ahmed Khan and Omar Sharif Bokhari, were also present on the occasion.Rehman Malik stated that Sharif brothers had deceived their own relatives, including Ishaq Dar, his wife, his nephew Musa Ghani and a UK-based Pakistani Qazi Masood and his family for money laundering.

Showing the affidavit submitted by Ishaq Dar regarding the ‘Benamidar Accounts’ on April 25, 2000, to the media, Rehman Malik stated it was evident from it that he had done all money laundering on the instructions of Nawaz Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif.

According to the statement mention in the affidavit, Ishaq Dar said “in early 1992, Mian Nawaz Sharif, who was then Prime Minister of Pakistan contacted me and requested to provide credit line of approximately Rs100 million to the business concerns of his family from Mordaba (company set up by Dar).

“I enquired from him about the collateral against the credit line. He informed me that he will provide foreign currency funds as collateral” the document showed Dar as saying.

It further quoted him as saying that he was sent copies of passports of Mrs Sikandara Qazi, Talat Masood Qazi, Kashif Masood Qazi (relatives of Masood Qazi, the person with whom Dar had stayed during his stay in England and later also introduced him to Nawaz Sharif).

The document further quoted Ishaq Dar, who is also the relative of Nawaz Sharif, as saying: “I had reservations in opening/operation of these ‘Benamidar Accounts but it was assured by Mian Nawaz Sharif that Qazi has agreed for use of their names and furthermore after the promulgation of Protection of Economic Reforms Act 1992, his government all the foreign current accounts had complete immunity against any enquiry investigation by any department or agency.”

“I was asked by Mian Nawaz Sharif to open four Benamidar foreign currency accounts in the name of Sikindra Masood Qazi, Talat Masood Qazi, Nuzhat Gohar and Kashif Masood Qazi. It was also decided that the foreign currency accounts in the name of 1st two persons would be opened/operated by me whereas the rest of the two Benami accounts, Naeem Mehmood, a director of my Modarba, company had to open/operate and sign the instructions under my supervision,” said the document submitted by Dar in the court.

Ishaq Dar further stated that he had opened two foreign currency accounts in the name of Sikandra Masood Qazi and Talat Masood Qazi with the foreign currency funds provided by the Sharif family in the Bank of America, by signing as Sikandra Masood Qazi and Talat Masood Qazi.

“All the instructions issued to the bank in the name of these two persons were signed by me under the instructions received from original depositors named Mian Nawaz Sharif and Mian Shahbaz Sharif,” the document quoted Dar as saying.

The former interior minister also told the media that he had also filed a written appeal to the Supreme Court of Pakistan to take notice of money laundering in light of the all these evidences. He said that a trust had been set up in Suadia Arabia in the name of Musa Ghani, the nephew of Ishaq Dar in which Sharif brothers deposited their money and withdrew the same the very next day. Because of this, Musa Ghani had to face imprisonment under Saudi law.

Malik stated that those who went to all extent to victimise Shaheed Benazir Bhutto for years had at once moved to get stay order from the court just because they knew that some more proofs, recordings were coming to surface against them. He alleged the Sharif brothers could not bring a stay order against the documents and his statement.

Rehman Malik went on to say that he would quit politics for good if the allegations levelled by him were proven wrong and asked Nawaz to go to the court and he (Malik) would prove all allegations.

Malik claimed he had proof of 14 cases in which the Sharif brothers were involved. Sharif brothers had transferred money outside Pakistan and deposited the same in an account titled as ‘Qazi’, he added. In 1998, the amount was transferred to Hudaibiya accounts, he said.

He said that more names would be revealed in money laundering case, complaining that immediate actions had been initiated against the PPP on such charges.

News Desk adds: Meanwhile, PML-N spokesman Senator Pervez Rasheed said that the allegations levelled by Rehman Malik against the Sharif brothers are baseless. In a reply to Malik’s allegations, Rasheed held a news conference at the PML-N Model Town Secretariat where he said the former interior minister was conducting propaganda prior to the elections.

The PML-N spokesman added that Malik had been showing these same documents for the last 15 years asking why no action had even been taken on them. Pervez Rasheed said the Supreme Court had also declared Malik a liar. According to Rasheed, the PPP and Imran Khan were afraid of the PML-N.
Sharifs laundered money in billions: Malik - thenews.com.pk

Off course who will not believe Malik

Not that i like NS but someone should shut this moron up. Even after suffering crushing defeat they have got nerves to show their faces in media. Still can't believe that sindhi actually voted for PPP and MQM. I would have prefered PML N over these scumbags.

Mailk is just making sure that they don't touch Zardari....

Muk Maka, as they say, :kiss3:

Back
Top Bottom