What's new

Shane Warne and Marlon Samuels face-off in an angry and ugly clash!!

Iggy

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Cricket Australia have thrown the book at Shane Warne after an ugly clash with Marlon Samuels during the Big Bash League match in Melbourne.
Warne has been banned for one match and fined for his nasty clash with Samuels who did not face the charges as he suffered a serious eye injury after top-edging a delivery from Lasith Malinga into his face.
In unprecedented scenes at the MCG, the Melbourne Stars skipper engaged in a verbal war of words with Samuels, before the former Australian spinner threw the ball into the West Indian's midriff.

That prompted Samuels to hurl his bat in Warne’s direction, sparking more angry exchanges as the umpires attempted to calm matters in a match that was eventually won by the Renegades by nine wickets.
Warne, whose side face the Sydney Thunder on Tuesday looking for a place in the semi-finals, said he went 'too far' and that he accepted the punishment.
He tweeted: 'Just been told I'm not allowed to be anywhere near the ground or the team in the dugout Only allowed to stay downstairs in the dressing room.
'Lastly, will take my penalty on the chin, as I was disappointed with some of my actions, in my opinion though the penalty is very harsh..
'Yes I went a bit to far with my emotions and passion, but was standing up for my teammate & trying to get us back in the game...
'Thanks for support guys, sport can be an emotional & at times very passionate too. I went to far in trying to stand up for the team !!!
He added: 'I'm disappointed at some of my actions last night as captain & as a player,but I’m also very disappointed at the severe penalty I received !'

While Warne was measured in his response to his ban, his fiance Liz Hurley was less so. The actress tweeted: 'I think it's grossly unfair that @warne888 is banned from tomorrow's game! Tough on fans who've bought tickets to see him play in what could be his last game ever.....
'And boos and hisses to the Fox crew who didn't turn his mike off when they were meant to -ie after the ball leaves his hand when bowling.
'And if Samuels hadn't grabbed Hussey by the shirt, @warne888 wouldn't have grabbed his. (Biased and defensive....moi?)
'However, hope Samuels is recovering from Malinga's monster ball. Can u imagine the horror of facing that?!'
The scenes were watched by a record Australian domestic Twenty20 crowd of 46,581 at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
Jamaican Samuels appeared to pull David Hussey back by his shirt as he considered a second run during the Melbourne Stars innings.
When Samuels batted in the Renegades reply, Warne wagged his finger at the West Indian and said: 'F*** you, mate.'
Warne then ran in to field a ball defended by Samuels and, with the batsman making no attempt to run, underarmed the ball straight at his opponent, hitting him on the arm. Samuels responded by hurling his bat down the pitch.

The umpires calmed the pair down but Warne, wearing a microphone in the field, told Fox Sports: 'What do you expect when someone throws a bat at you?'
The Renegades are already looking at bringing in a replacement for the West Indian.
'Marlon is recovering in the team hotel and will be taking time off to care for his injury,' said Renegades coach Simon Helmot.
'We're now waiting for the swelling around his eye to subside before determining the full extent of the blow.
'We are also assessing what, if anything, this means in terms of squad composition for the remainder of the tournament and will take action to source an international replacement if necessary.
'You've got to feel for Marlon and we’re continuing to do everything we can as a team to support him during his recovery.'
Along with Warne and Samuels, Melbourne Stars batsman Cameron White was also charged for dissent after objecting to an umpire’s decision in last night’s game.

Shane Warne and Marlon Samuels involved in spat in Melbourne | Mail Online

http://cricket.yahoo.com/photos/big-bash-bust-up-slideshow/

Warney got frustrated due to his poor run of form and eventually made samuels his bali da bakra :lol:

Well , Warne isn't exactly known for high moral character and after what he used to do on the field , he's showing it again ...

What a XXXX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thatswhy I am happy that Cricket is in India's hand now and not Brits and Aussies.Remember what Indians did to Symonds after his spat with Harbhajan:woot:

the funny thing is warny had nothing to do with the arguement, sameuls did pull shirt of hussey not warny

this is beyond pathetic :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom