Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Shah Rukh Khan banned from Wankhede for 5 years, but BCCI may intervene

NDTV Correspondent
Last updated on Friday, 18 May 2012 12:38

Mumbai: Shah Rukh Khan, the owner of the Kolkata Knight Riders, has been banned from entering Mumbai's Wankhede Stadium for five years. The head of the Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA), Vilasrao Deshmukh, announced the decision this morning.

Mr. Deshmkuh said that after his fight at the stadium on Wednesday night, the actor has "shown no regrets for his action and behaviour..in fact, he justified his actions." The MCA administers the Wankhede stadium, but the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) will make a final call on the ban, IPL chairman Rajiv Shukla said in Delhi.

A police complaint has been registered against the actor for voluntarily causing hurt and for intimidation - because this is a non-cognizable offence, SRK as he is known cannot be arrested. The actor said on Thursday that he was provoked after security guards touched a group of children he was accompanying, which included his daughter. Photographs of the brawl show his daughter, holding his arm as he confronts officials and the guard. The MCA says that the actor should recognize that officials showed "great restraint" in how they handled the situation. "If anybody behaves like this...whosoever it may be...action will be taken," Mr. Deshmukh said. He also said that while the actor has said he was trying to protect children, no complaint has been registered by SRK against the guards or officials.

The trouble began on Wednesday night when SRK's team was playing the Mumbai Indians. SRK did not attend the match but arrived there later to pick up his children and their friends. In his police complaint, the security guard, Vikas Dalvi, says he saw SRK and his entourage in the players’ dressing room and asked them to vacate it because it can only be used by team members. The actor and his entourage then tried to walk onto the grounds of the stadium. Mr. Dalvi says when he tried to stop them, he was told "We have bought this place...who are you to stop us?" Mr. Dalvi's complaint says that three members of Shah Rukh’s entourage pushed him.

A complaint by an official of the MCA, Nitin Dalal, who was present at the fight states that SRK appeared drunk and used abusive language against officials including Mr. Deshmukh.

Shah Rukh Khan banned from Wankhede for 5 years, but BCCI may intervene | News | NDTVSports.com

He is becoming new salman khan of bollywood and salman is becoming new sharukh

Obviously BCCI will intervene otherwise as someone said in media SRK,the owner of KKR can stop his team from playing in Wankhede
:agree:

i think this drama has been created to divert attention from spot fixing in IPL

If BCCI support SRK then even ICC can't ban him from entering the stadium forget about MCA

I think Bcci will support srk for the sole reason that srk owns a high profile team in the ipl

Seeing the widespread popularity of Shakrukh Khan, this is certainly an unpopular move.

I do not know who was at fault here. Was SRK throwing a star tantrum. Was his daughter really manhandled. etc etc.

I just find it highly objectionable to call SRK or any Indian muslim a Pakistani no mater how angry you get. Not done man.

We should grow beyond that now.

I do not know who was at fault here. Was SRK throwing a star tantrum. Was his daughter really manhandled. etc etc.

I just find it highly objectionable to call SRK or any Indian muslim a Pakistani no mater how angry you get. Not done man.

We should grow beyond that now.

Yes calling an indian muslim that is the biggest way anyone could insult them

well as mumbai lost the match it was expected from the people of mumbai to be angry but mishandling SRK's kids that was too much,no one would have tolerated that,he is the owner of a team,how can they stop him from entering the stadium:frown:

Shahrukh have been lately involved in many brawls/slapping, tells a lot about his temperament...

But if it was the matter of daughter manhandling then I don't think he was wrong just like I felt Afridi's action were correct at airport not too long back..

I also think he won't be simply using his daughter's name because no matter how big an actor he is, he as a dad would never like to involve his daughter in matter like this for no reason..

But one thing that surprises me is who the hell even in security establishment would talk to a celebrity like that.. It looked like a street fight to me..

Yeah being called ''indian'' is already the mother of all insults, they have to put up with. :P Poor people, if anything we pity them.

really is that the reason you call people of Karachi "Indians" / "Raw agents"??

Btw, when you read any comment try reading context of it.. No Indian would like to be called a Pakistani just like no Pakistani would like to be called India..

Back
Top Bottom