What's new

Shady business...

Crap...we were in a competition :what:

20 acres and not fancy...how come?

But I should be credited for getting the information out without asking any direct question :azn: (hahahahaha, that's me trying to cover up :).)

20 acres cant be fancy! considered as small farmer! no pajero! no fancy farm house!:cry:

20 acres cant be fancy! considered as small farmer! no pajero! no fancy farm house!:cry:

Well you need to go to Chak Shahzad and Bedian more often :P

No pajero...hai hai :(

"Small farmer and 20 acres"... that is a gross underestimation... wondering, what is the average land holding size per farmer in the country.. :what:

Well you need to go to Chak Shahzad and Bedian more often :P

No pajero...hai hai :(

"Small farmer and 20 acres"... that is a gross underestimation... wondering, what is the average land holding size per farmer in the country.. :what:

5 acres to 20 acres small farmer
50-100 acres medium farmer (has pajero)
over 100 acres - has farm house, many pajeros, many houses in isloo, lahore and karachi - swiss bank accounts - MNAs/MPAs/PMs/Presidents.

5 acres to 20 acres small farmer
50-100 acres medium farmer (has pajero)
over 100 acres - has farm house, many pajeros, many houses in isloo, lahore and karachi - swiss bank accounts - MNAs/MPAs/PMs/Presidents.

You just made it to the small farmer's category... so how much tax is applicable on each of these categories?

You just made it to the small farmer's category... so how much tax is applicable on each of these categories?

good question!
i pay my tax if that is what you want to know! less than 5% of farmers pay any kind of tax. you can be sure that the med/large farmers dont pay anything as they have ways to evade the tax.

eg; a farmer owns 2,700 acres but he has divided his 2,700 acres in such a way that he dosnt have to pay anything - anyway we can start a thread on this and discuss it because it is a "long story", kinda like these indian soap opera's with 500 episodes!

if farmers pay their due share of "agriculture tax" the govt. coffers can increase by 25-30%! just imagine, total tax revenues were around ~Rs, 800 bill - add 25% to that!

good question!
i pay my tax if that is what you want to know! less than 5% of farmers pay any kind of tax. you can be sure that the med/large farmers dont pay anything as they have ways to evade the tax.

eg; a farmer owns 2,700 acres but he has divided his 2,700 acres in such a way that he dosnt have to pay anything - anyway we can start a thread on this and discuss it because it is a "long story", kinda like these indian soap opera's with 500 episodes!

if farmers pay their due share of "agriculture tax" the govt. coffers can increase by 25-30%! just imagine, total tax revenues were around ~Rs, 800 bill - add 25% to that!

Ummm... we don't need to start a new thread. The title is apt for any topic (;)) and there are just the two of us here anyways, no one will be perturbed by the hijack.... It's my thread anyways. Talking about corruption in the military will ruffle feathers in any case.

So let's continue here, others can join in.

What is the agriculture tax rate?

"So let's continue here, others can join in."

...or read along. You are a disarming and persuasive interviewer. The F.M. speaketh...

Please continue.:agree:

If i am not wrong the Former Core Commander of Rawalpindi was punished by NAB under Musharraf Era.

"So let's continue here, others can join in."

...or read along. You are a disarming and persuasive interviewer. The F.M. speaketh...

Please continue.:agree:

You spoke too soon :)

But yes thanks for the compliment :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom