Country
Pakistan
Seven Pakistani peacekeepers posthumously honoured with UN medal
By News Desk
Published: April 19, 2018
24SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1689981-adbbeddxx-1524160467-966-640x480.jpg

So far 156 Pakistani blue helmets have embraced martyrdom while serving under UN umbrella. PHOTO COURTESY: Radio.gov.pk

Seven Pakistani peacekeepers, who were martyred for global peace and security, were posthumously honoured with the United Nations medal in New York on Thursday.

According to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres, who was the chief guest on the occasion, paid rich tribute to the Pakistanis who sacrificed their lives in the line of duty.

Pakistan stands as one of the largest troop contributing country for UN peace keeping missions.

So far 156 Pakistani blue helmets have embraced martyrdom while serving under the UN umbrella.

The seven Pakistani peacekeepers honoured include Qaiser Abbas, Yasir Abbas, Muhammad Ishtiaq Abbasi, Zishan Ahmed, Hazrat Bilal, Abdul Ghafoor, and Attaur Rehman.

UN lauds Pakistan for contributing troops to maintain global peace

On March 23 the UN lauded the contributions made by Pakistan’s peace keepers towards global peace and assistance in helping the most vulnerable regions, according to the media wing of the Pakistan Armed Forces.
View image on Twitter

Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor

✔@OfficialDGISPR

https://twitter.com/OfficialDGISPR/status/976870728858468363

Thank you @UN for acknowledging our peace keepers. Pakistan is one of the leading contributors for global peace since 1960 including 156 Pakistanis who sacrificed their lives under UN Flag. #PakistanTheLandOfPeace
1f1f5-1f1f0.png

8:18 PM - Mar 22, 2018

DG ISPR Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor thanked the UN for acknowledging Pakistan’s contribution for global peace since 1960.

He added that the country has sacrificed 156 lives under the UN flag.

Pakistani peacekeepers first joined the UN on September 30, 1947, but the first direct support for UN peacekeeping operations began in 1960 when Pakistan Army deployed its first-ever contingent in a United Nations operation in Congo.

where’s the FOoking peace keepers for the Kashmiris suffering 70 years and still continues. These Pakistanis soldiers in the photograph just shows me Slave mentality of Pakistan.

where’s the FOoking peace keepers for the Kashmiris suffering 70 years and still continues. These Pakistanis soldiers in the photograph just shows me Slave mentality of Pakistan.
UN is the one who can send peace keepers ,,,,,,,, Instead of feeling proud you are criticizing it ,The day we send war will start , and ask Indians too if they allow peace keepers(if I m not wrong that is part of Law for peace keepers). lol

Pakistan.

The Symbol of Peace and Sacrifice.
U are not funny baba g.............
But yes Pakistan is Symbol of Peace..... and Sacrifice .........

U are not funny baba g.............
But yes Pakistan is Symbol of Peace..... and Sacrifice ........

I choose my words more wisely than 99 percent of the posters.

People dont care.

I keep telling you

Why are we still giving them soldiers when the same international body don't do a shit about Palestinians or Kashmiris ?

Product_f4fd2328-1749-47cd-b941-aa9cab951a96_large.png

Unknown-1.jpeg

...​

Why are we still giving them soldiers when the same international body don't do a shit about Palestinians or Kashmiris ?

The UN is just not up to it yet mate.
Not up to solving big problems, just
barely preventing some and maintai-
-ning dialogue on the diplomatic part
and not up to any real mil action as
far as Blue Helmets/UN missions go.

Sad but true. That's why France went
to Green Helmets ops after Rwanda.

Take care V. & all, Tay.

Last edited:
We should stop helping the UN interfere in other countries at the behest of the global powers.

Pakistan should move it self out of UN based African mess , it is a colonial soup in Africa we need to focus on our own issues of issues tied to our friendly countries

The colonial wars for influence and natural resources have been waging across Africa for 100-150 years

Colonial empires have owned colonies and have lost colonies for generations in Africa
and yes it is a mess but there is no reason why we should send troops to Africa considering UN won't allow OIC troops in Palestine

61fd5f6f4f536be719fb54570d1f79d1.jpg

Last edited:
Western nations hardly contribute any soldiers to the UN anymore. India and Pakistan are the cannon fodder for the UN.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom