What's new

Serious negotiations with the UAE, Egypt and Algeria for the purchase of Brahmos

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
May 2016

Praven Pathak, a spokesman for BrahMos Aerospace, told Tass TASS that Russia and India have agreed to allow Brahmos mobile missiles for export after making several structural changes in the arms export policy. Which led to results with high returns.

The spokesman confirmed that there were very advanced negotiations with the UAE, Chile, South Africa and Vietnam on the purchase of these missiles. He expressed his expectation that the UAE would sign the contract at the end of the year. The UAE enjoys good relations with Russia and India and there is no minimum. And there is no problem in exporting these missiles to them.

Russia, which is a key partner in the Brahmos missile project, has begun serious talks with Egypt, Algeria, South Korea, the Philippines, Greece, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Venezuela and Bulgaria for the acquisition of these missiles. These countries have reached an advanced stage of negotiations.

The Brahmos missile was produced as a result of the Russian-Indian joint cooperation based on the Russian anti-ship "P-800 Yakhont", Where several anti-ship and land-based versions for naval and land platforms were produced and developed, in addition to the launch capability of the Indian Su-30MKI fighter aircraft.

The current version of the missile has a maximum speed of 3400 - 3700 km / h (2.8 - 3 Mach) and a warhead weighing 200-300 kg (depending on the sea or air version) and an offensive range of 290 km, a length of 8.4 tons and a diameter of 60 cm and weight of 2.5-3 Ton (depending on the air or sea version).

th

Future versions of the missile:

- BrahMos II has a huge speed of up to 7 Mach (8400 km / h) and a range of 290 km and still has a period of development.

th

The BrahMos NG is a small version of the missile with a length of 5 meters and a diameter of 50 cm and a weight of 1.5 tons and a speed of 3.5 Mach (4200 km / h) with a range of 290 km and features a radar section smaller than the original version above, and will include multiple versions of the launch from Ships, submarines and land. The first launch and flight tests will begin in 2017-2018 and the missile will be integrated into the Su-30MKI and Mig-29K Naval and Rafale aircrafts.

brahmos-M700.jpg

Source: Tass Agency

But no news of any purchase yet..

Although Algeria has great relationship with India, Algeria will stick with Russian products and Russia. I doubt seriously that Brahmos will equip the Algerian airforce, unless it is made exclusively in Russia.

Although Algeria has great relationship with India, Algeria will stick with Russian products and Russia. I doubt seriously that Brahmos will equip the Algerian airforce, unless it is made exclusively in Russia.
I am not completely sure bro, but If I have heard correctly, India was a just a launch customer for countries in Asia and so forth to purchase the BrahMos, but overall Russia can deny an export of the system to any country as well as build it themselves and market themselves.
but this what I would ask, why would any country buy the BrahMos if they have the P-800 in service?

I am not completely sure bro, but If I have heard correctly, India was a just a launch customer for countries in Asia and so forth to purchase the BrahMos,
for Algeria, it remains a question of trust for her security. That one of the reasons, they categorically refuse anything that is French made. India is too involved with Israel technology, and for Algeria to buy a compromised system is far fedged.

but this what I would ask, why would any country buy the BrahMos if they have the P-800 in service?
Exactly my question.

I am not completely sure bro, but If I have heard correctly, India was a just a launch customer for countries in Asia and so forth to purchase the BrahMos, but overall Russia can deny an export of the system to any country as well as build it themselves and market themselves.
The P-800 does not have all those variants.. this may answer your question..

The P-800 does not have all those variants.. this may answer your question..
thanks, but it would be interesting to see countries like Egypt and UAE field the BrahMos I don't know why it just would. It would really help Egypt out in coastal defence for sure.

thanks, but it would be interesting to see countries like Egypt and UAE field the BrahMos I don't know why it just would. It would really help Egypt out in coastal defence for sure.
According to the article above.. they are already negotiating for the system.. we might hear some news in the near future..but as you can see there are a whole lot of countries being interested.. So it might take some time before any concrete deal is signed..it is also a relatively new system!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom