What's new

Featured Senate passes bill 'criminalising' torture, custodial deaths

This is truly a beautiful thread. Just beautiful.
Pakistanis living abroad judging about the merits or lack thereof of a law that provides greater legal protection with regards to human rights. Just beautiful, I imagine part of the reason we are still living abroad is because we enjoy those same rights here, then why is there an argument taking place? Or, do we think we are above those living in Pakistan?

I would have thought it is painfully obvious by now, that he issues isn't just the laws, but law enforcement. It is the states responsibility to enact responsible laws for its citizens, which this law seems to be doing.
But, where we fall short is in the implementation process, if investigations are conducted in a professional manner, and if the quality of public prosecutors is improved, then those guilty will face due justice.

It cannot be correct that we support lax laws, just so those we believe are guilty are punished, I'm afraid that is not justice. Whether you take a religious or a secular view, justice must be seen to be done, otherwise we'll forever live by the laws of the jungle. And spend eternity crying about our shortcomings.

Good laws are being passed, excellent, now time for law enforcement and the prosecutors up their game.

Would if we could "see past our noses and political agendas".

@VCheng See what I mean? Some people are living case studies on the follies of democracy. Apparently 200 million or so at least.
You are looking in the wrong direction.

Want to try for six times that?

Back
Top Bottom