What's new

Self-Fulfilled Prophecy? China deploys fighter jets to disputed South China Sea Island

with one patrol you can claim that is just an un-intent accident to be at the wrong place. but the more you come the more we can add that into our credibility to justify the ADIZ

Just believe it was an accident. I mean thats why you have those lighthouses in the first place right? To help guide U.S. warships where to go.

I don't want them to fight, to be honest.

Chances are pretty low, our economies are so intertwined, I doubt it would happen. But at the same time it can happen.

Just believe it was an accident. I mean thats why you have those lighthouses in the first place right? To help guide U.S. warships where to go.

Chances are pretty low, our economies are so intertwined, I doubt it would happen. But at the same time it can happen.

China had sams and jets on woody island since some time ago, and every military fan knows about. Why suddenly it became a hot issue? Where US intelligence has been? Or U.S is cooking something?

Thanks for the pivotal to Asia policy. This gave China solid reasons to establish military base chains in South China Sea. US foreign policy has become more and more short sighted. Strategically US is over extended while China is expanding. The reckless US expansion policy just brought about Chinese expansion. Just several years ago China needed to explain to neighbors every year about increasing military budgets. Now no need at all to be understood to most neighbors.

EXACTLY, my friend.

China doesn't have to go through the trouble of explaining its massive military overhaul modernization. Now that the USA has made is crystal clear to everyone in the region that it is intent on harassing and provoking Chinese national sovereignty and interest, this has given Beijing the perfect opportunity militarize the islands and establish firmer dominance over SCS.

The funny thing is, the US speeds up China's development and security efforts in SCS; which result in tangible and permanent assets. The US, on the other hand, stages some stunts and then buzzes off. As if there is a conspiracy going on between Beijing and Washington.

The funny thing is, the US speeds up China's development and security efforts in SCS; which result in tangible and permanent assets. The US, on the other hand, stages some stunts and then buzzes off. As if there is a conspiracy going on between Beijing and Washington.

:cheesy: when 240 meets 5000.

EXACTLY, my friend.

China doesn't have to go through the trouble of explaining its massive military overhaul modernization. Now that the USA has made is crystal clear to everyone in the region that it is intent on harassing and provoking Chinese national sovereignty and interest, this has given Beijing the perfect opportunity militarize the islands and establish firmer dominance over SCS.

That is the only course of action now for the Chinese side, it has no choice now.

The thing that many regional partners and regional observers can see, my friend, is the real power of China in this region. The United States' ability to project here is limited and with China's ability to project absolute power in absolute terms here negates any US or foreign interventionalism in the SCS in a security platform. The US can really do nothing in regards to Chinese security development now, in fact, they have only provided the means and legitimacy to exacerbate defense measures and to militarize the Chinese island holdings.

America's forays have resulted in abject failure, in context to inhibition of Chinese construction. Absolute and utter abject failure.

Then again what can we expect --- Obama Foreign Policy. :lol:

That is the only course of action now for the Chinese side, it has no choice now.

The thing that many regional partners and regional observers can see, my friend, is the real power of China in this region. The United States' ability to project here is limited and with China's ability to project absolute power in absolute terms here negates any US or foreign interventionalism in the SCS in a security platform. The US can really do nothing in regards to Chinese security development now, in fact, they have only provided the means and legitimacy to exacerbate defense measures and to militarize the Chinese island holdings.

America's forays have resulted in abject failure, in context to inhibition of Chinese construction. Absolute and utter abject failure.

Then again what can we expect --- Obama Foreign Policy. :lol:

The problem with Obama is inconclusiveness. It is not necessarily a bad thing for the world; but reflects badly on them. In Iran, if you would finally come to the point defended by Russia, China and the likes, why did you hold a harder line previously? It is not that Iran changed its position, it is the US came to terms with the rest. Yet, I commend Mr. Obama for the eventual resolution of the Iranian issue.

Same with US Syrian policy. Obama administration started with supplying weapons, finance and training with the "moderate" terrorists; at that time every little soul in Ankara was in joy and exaltation. Ankara remains the same as it always was, but Obama administration's Syria policy changed drastically to the lines of that of Russia. Again, a good thing, and I commend Mr. Obama for compliance.

At times I wonder it is the "manly" looks of Mr. Lavrov that does the trick.

Maybe we should get him involved in SCS, as well.

th

Back
Top Bottom