What's new

Self-exiled Altaf Hussain speaks for dual nationality holders

airmarshal

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Self-exiled Altaf Hussain speaks for dual nationality holders – The Express Tribune

KARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) leader Altaf Hussain, who has been living in self-exile in London for several years, questioned the stance of the Supreme Court against lawmakers with dual nationalities and the issue of overseas Pakistanis not being allowed to vote.
“I was born, studied and raised in Pakistan and also acquired dual nationality, will I seize to be less loyal to our soil, where I was born and where my ancestors are buried?” Hussain began his address with the question.
Further questioning the voting rights of dual nationality holders, Hussain asked, “If any political government forces any one out of the country on political grounds and enduring his exile, he is naturalised in any other country, should he not be allowed to contest the elections, knowing fully well the circumstances under which he acquired his new nationality?”
Citing examples of other countries, Hussain said that Sonia Gandhi was not born in India yet she holds a prominent position in India’s political sphere. He also mentioned US President Barack Obama who was also not entirely American. “Arnold Schwarzenegger also retained his Austrian citizenship during his service as the governor of California.”
Mentioning Prophet Mohammad’s (pbuh) migration from Makkah when he faced security issues, Hussain said that it was actually sunnat to migrate due to infavourable conditions.
Hussain maintained that those who had left the country were still patriots and their right to vote for the right leader should not be taken away. Similarly, those holding dual nationalities should also not be barred from contesting elections, as it would be highly unfair to the patriots, he remarked.
The party chief also suggested that a referendum should be held of overseas Pakistani asking them whether they still love Pakistan or not.

First of all, he is a British citizen and he has absolutely no right to talk about this issue. No dual nationals must be allowed to hold any public office. In fact no dual citizen should be allowed to lead a party and no one should ever be allowed to run a party from abroad!

Allowing dual citizens to vote in the country of their origin is a separate issue. These 'leaders' mix those two issues up deliberately to confuse the people.

And please Altaf Terrorist, stop quoted migration of Prophet from Mecca to Medina to your migration or even the millions of Pakistanis residing abroad!

You migrated because you were a fugitive and you never intended to come back as you have taken up nationality of another country. You owe us the explanation of how you live there without working. After all, you are a middle class representative and not jagirdaar? The same jagirdaars with whom who had been sitting in government forever!

Shameless Ba$tard!!

Dual citizenship promotes more corruption.

Drunk and Disorderly , Again ! After the famous 3 hour speech in Karachi attended by his goons !

its simple when some one has dual nationalities he has dual loyalties (which is technically not possible) However he does have a point if security is the prime reason behind obtaining two nationalities. MQM should file an appeal against this decision , does any one know if this is according to Pakistans constitution??

its simple when some one has dual nationalities he has dual loyalties (which is technically not possible) However he does have a point if security is the prime reason behind obtaining two nationalities. MQM should file an appeal against this decision , does any one know if this is according to Pakistans constitution??

Why does he care? He is the one whothought Pakistan was "The Greeatest Blunder of the century". He should go to his real fathers in indaia and beg for indian citizenship. mother ******.

Why does he care? He is the one whothought Pakistan was "The Greeatest Blunder of the century". He should go to his real fathers in indaia and beg for indian citizenship. mother ******.

First figure out go through posts and replies on the forum why was it said before coming up with horse $hit

i for one am against altaf hussain, he should come back to pakistan if he wants to lead, he should stop giving orders from london and let the capables lead the party(i mean who is practically running the party and taking all the heat, altaf hussain isnt among them?). he should be punished among all the corrupt military generals who made hell to karachi it is today, all political leaders of ANP, MQM PPP and PMLN need to be prosecuted along

there should be a big Nuremberg like trial on all those criminals who made karachi hell in 90s, this is the only way for the city to wash all its sins and move forward

If someone is not loyal to the country or countries of his nationality then it's better to cease one of nationality. I believe anyone holding public office should have only Pakistani nationality. I am also of the view that anyone who is not by birth Pakistani or holds dual nationality should be made bound to visit Pakistan for a certain days or months within a certain period of time to maintain nationality otherwise we ll keep getting people like Moin Qureshi.

altaf should go back to maharastra,india....or take part in indian politics...no takes this retarded serial killer serious in Pakistan.

He, is very much like a cult leader - one thing i NEVER get is how people actually follow this cartoon.

Absolutely right ! There are wall chalkings and pictures of this son of a ***** on every single wall in Karachi and some bastards seem to think him as the " great leader " ... You should have seen the video of his video address here , he was talking like he just had some 10 shots of tequila !

Open a thread

155pjb6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom