What's new

Security on PDF

RescueRanger

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This has been mentioned before, but I would like to especially request that all Pakistani members please becarful what you are sharing online. If you have taken a personal photo of military assets etc... Ofcourse you are smart, intelligent people, but please make sure you clear it with your contacts in the military that you will be posting these images online.

If you are posting pictures that YOU have self sourced ( as in you took the photo) and if these photo's show serving officers/jawans who's names and rank slides are visible, these must be blurred to ensure PERSEC/Personal Security of the individuals:

Example of a photograph that may risk the individual's security: Note name plates, visible, face visible, unit badges visible.
image-jpg.43951

A good photo: Confidential data and faces blurred.
1695edh.jpg

If you are taking photo's of military installations, please be mindful that photography is mamnu/prohibited in such installations for a very good reason. I am not asking that you don't post photo's, but please use your "judgement" and identify, is there anything in the photo that the "enemy" can use? If so/ edit it, if not then post it.

Also this forum is an open public forum and data is available, be careful what data you share with people. Many of us Pakistanis here either have professional or family connections to military and security circles and are often privy to information that may not be publicly available in open source. There is saying in security circles "Loose lips, sink ships".

There is a very beautiful poster from WW2 regarding "security culture:

5477462_f520.jpg

In closing, please be mindful of Personal Security and Operational Security of our army, police, LE and agencies. Use your better judgement and be mindful of what you share, work with the moderators and admin to report images which may cause a potential security breach.

Inshallah with the grace of Allah (SWT) we will win this war! Ameen!

Thank you.

A good online image editing software you can use for editing photo's:
Online Photo Editor | Pixlr Editor | Autodesk Pixlr

Very good thread and a timely reminder by @RescueRanger

IMHO, both sides should show some restrain and responsibility. The security personnel must discourage family, friends, and common people from taking their photos and those who take those photos should avoid posting them with key details displayed. As a young boy, I used to visit lots of military installations with my father, from Staff College Quetta, to Infantry School and Samungli air base etc. Folks used to be pretty responsible back then and would avoid letting people even family taking their photos in uniform or in the premises of installations. In-fact, even civilian installations used to be off-limits to unrelated people and nobody was allowed to take photos. Everything has changed now, and unfortunately not for good for the most part.

Capture.JPG

In-fact, I wonder if management agrees to put a reminder right in the 'compose box' as they did with regards to posting Graphic/bloody/dead pictures.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom