Featured SCP suspends PHC order for release of 196 terror suspects - 2020

Pakistan Ka Beta

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
SC suspends PHC order for release of 196 terror suspects
Web Desk On Jul 21, 2020
Supreme-Court-SCP.jpg

ISLAMABAD: The Supreme Court on Tuesday suspended the Peshawar High Court (PHC) order for the release of 196 alleged terrorists, ARY News reported.

A three-member bench headed by Justice Mushir Alam passed this direction while hearing the case in Islamabad.

The court has sought a record of the cases of these 196 alleged terrorists from the federal government and issued notices to all parties.

upload_2020-7-21_0-46-37.png

It is pertinent to mention here that the military courts had sentenced these 196 people for their involvement in terrorism.

Earlier on June 16, the two-member bench comprising PHC Chief Justice Waqar Ahmad Seth and Justice Mohammad Naeem Anwar set aside the conviction orders after hearing 300-plus cases of terror suspects convicted by the military courts.

The military courts had awarded death sentences, life imprisonment and ten years imprisonment to them. The court allowed the appeals of 200 petitioners and ordered their release from jail.

Read More: SC suspends IHC’s ruling of releasing prisoners amid coronavirus outbreak

In its short order, the PHC bench said that the accused were convicted on the ground of their confessional statements while they were not provided the opportunity of fair trial

### ( One of the important remarks by 1 honorable Judge was that every case has its its own reasons , evidence and merits and they all were convicted after trial from Military courts said Justice Qazi Muhammad Amin Ahmed ).

Last edited:
Were the released prisoners apprehended again?

Last edited:
release them so they will not attack judicial institutions this was thought

Alhamdulillah - finally a sensible decision. We need to hang them quick before someone else decides to have an opinion.

Our judiciary has become a joke. Our high courts churn out judgement according to their own laws not law of the land. These judge need a serious reeducation and their degrees should be checked at the very least.

Pakistan should reform its judicial system to include a jury who gives verdict instead of the judge. This will take away powers from the judges who can be "purchased" wholesale in our country.

Alhamdulillah - finally a sensible decision. We need to hang them quick before someone else decides to have an opinion.

How do u know all of them are terrorists?? Will u be ok to be part of it if innocents are hanged with it and be answerable on judgment day??
I have seen myself how army arrests even passersby and then put them in list of terrorist. Pakistanis are becoming a version of indians very fast. No values, no respect of process, no removal of doubt, no production of solid proof.. just act like a lynching mob and lynch anyone that is blamed.

How do u know all of them are terrorists?? Will u be ok to be part of it if innocents are hanged with it and be answerable on judgment day??
I have seen myself how army arrests even passersby and then put them in list of terrorist. Pakistanis are becoming a version of indians very fast. No values, no respect of process, no removal of doubt, no production of solid proof.. just act like a lynching mob and lynch anyone that is blamed.

They were tried and convicted in military courts. Maybe we should consider them all missing people and misunderstood brethen until they shoot or blow up someone we know personally. Why would the military bother arresting, charging and convicting these people in sham trials, if they could just summary execute them in encounters?

They were tried and convicted in military courts. Maybe we should consider them all missing people and misunderstood brethen until they shoot or blow up someone we know personally. Why would the military bother arresting, charging and convicting these people in sham trials, if they could just summary execute them in encounters?

And we all know how good military courts are right? Do u not even give space for little mistakes or misunderstanding and just hang all? Why not instead make the evidence strong?

And we all know how good military courts are right? Do u not even give space for little mistakes or misunderstanding and just hang all? Why not instead make the evidence strong?

What confidence do you have in civillian courts? They've often been exposed as being politically compromised. I know for a fact from a personal source that you can buy a judge in Pakistani courts - this person had everything short of a receipt.

I don't have any reason to judge military courts negatively. I've never been presented with any evidence against them. Like i said - if they were interested in just killing people, they'd shoot them dead without the drama of courts.

Yup civil courts are best. Khawaja biradaran got off scot free because of NAB's silly prosecution team. Hail Justice!

Many lower civilian courts in Pakistan are v slow , corrupt and compromised .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom