ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
  • file-15-Saudia-airlines%2C-flight.jpg
ARAB NEWS

Published — Tuesday 16 June 2015

Last update 16 June 2015 2:08 am

JEDDAH: Saudi Arabian Airlines has signed a $8 billion deal to purchase 50 advanced Airbus aircraft, including 20 A330-300 Regional planes, to expand its domestic and international operations as part of its five-year strategic plan, the airline said Monday.
“The new planes will start arriving in the Kingdom shortly and their arrivals will be completed in less than three years,” said Saleh bin Nasser Al-Jasser, director general of the national flag carrier. The order includes 30 A320s, one of the highest selling aircraft.
The first batch of the new fleet will arrive in the Kingdom in less than a year with the company receiving 14 new Airbus planes in 2016, 18 in 2017 and 18 in 2018.
Saudia is the first airliner in the world to operate Airbus’ new Regional version, Al-Jasser said, adding that the advanced aircraft would help boost the airline’s domestic and regional operations. The International Air Finance Corporation will finance the deal. “The new aircraft will provide adequate number of seats for Saudia’s domestic and regional flights,” Al-Jasser said.
He stressed the airline’s plan to purchase more than 100 aircraft during the next five years as part of its plan for 2015-2020. “Our priority is to increase seat capacity on flights operating between the Kingdom’s major cities,” he said.

إعلان

Al-Jasser said his company would use the wide-bodied A330-300 Regional on routes having large numbers of passengers. “We’ll operate A320s mainly to operate flights between Saudi cities,” he said.

Saudia flies high with 50 new jets | Arab News

@Bubblegum Crisis I was talking about airlines, just checked its 4*. Not bad. Not sure where I had this bad impresion, read somewhere that flight attendants are rude.

@Bubblegum Crisis I was talking about airlines, just checked its 4*. Not bad. Not sure where I had this bad impresion, read somewhere that flight attendants are rude.

And well if they were, now they will work to the wand. I can assure you. :devil:

We will not invest all this money (Billions of dollars) only to play.

Saudia has captive Hajj passengers. But generally people who are travelling for other purpose or belong to other religions would avoid Saudia...Too much restrictions.

Last edited:
And well if they were, now they will work to the wand. I can assure you. :devil:

I don't think so man. I remember at Doha I asked the Arab sitting at the may I help you desk some basic questions. He was just not interested. See you need a 'service culture'. Rich boys don't get that idea.

qatari and emiratis have early mover advantage, they have built a reputation. Saudis will find it difficult to compete with them.

Have been on SAA flight quite a few times. Has it been renamed back to "Saudia"? I remember some of the old pix show "Saudia" as their logo.

The flight attendents were indeed rude on few of those occassions (yes, other airlines may have the same issue, but many of my friends / relatives reported their experiences with SAA as "not so good").

Emirates has recently ordered a bulk of Airbus / Boeing machinery. Not sure SAA will find it that easy to compete in the region.

Though the PA system will read out "travel supplication" before take-off.

Do not know how many carriers in ME do that.

every airline has such idiots , west or east
please dont make irresponsible posts
so basically every organization that is in service industry has 'equal' level of service because every airline has such idiots? Do you ever read any review before buying product or service?
Be responsible to yourself.

so basically every organization that is in service industry has 'equal' level of service because every airline has such idiots? Do you ever read any review before buying product or service?
Be responsible to yourself.
in short

I have used national flag carriers and other airlines of UK, Qatar, UAE, KSA, PIA other Private airlines over the years
and I can say with experience and with responsibility that I have seen NO issues against KSA airline you have made which are nothing but sweeping statement.

I have had good and bad experiences with Western airlines and budget airlines including Pakistani companies.

as for the level of "service" is concerned there is no given benchmark. its down the recipient how he views the service vs what he has paid for it. whatever level of service is provided by say, Qatar UAE airline might be acceptable for me but you might be all sour and fuming the entire flight.

if you have not flown with KSA airline then please DONT persist as a child and as a grown up I have used KSA many times and I am a happy customer.

as far as I am concerned

end of

Back
Top Bottom