What's new

Saudi Arabia's mineral wealth could top $1.3 trillion amid Kingdom’s aggressive exploration plan

@ArabianEmpires&Caliphates Does KSA have the technology and industry to mine these minerals by itself or will KSA invite a foreign mining company?

Good question.

The largest mining company in KSA is Ma'aden and the government owns 50% of Ma’aden’s shares (through PIF) while the remaining 50% are listed on the Tadawul.

There are many other mining firms (private) such as those below:

However to expand the mining sector (like everywhere else really from Canada to Australia) to become one of the backbones of the future economy of KSA, foreign investment and involvement will be needed. Eventually the entire mineral sector will be operated by purely local entities like the oil and gas sectors are today.

Anyway we are talking about a huge landmass (larger than Pakistan itself) in mostly mountainous terrain with great geographic distances so it requires improvements in terms of infrastructure. I suspect that there could be cooperation across the Red Sea with neighbors such as Egypt and Sudan in this regard. I know that Saudi Arabian mining firms operate in both Sudan and Egypt.

Pakistani shrine worshippers can give any Shia or aspirants a run for their money. 200 mn strong shrine worshippers in Pakistan.
1000 times better than blow up cult, pretty much considered cancer around the globe
Parents get scared when their kids associate with this cult

1000 times better than blow up cult, pretty much considered cancer around the globe
Parents get scared when their kids associate with this cult
My friend, you will retards who want to blow themselves in every single sect in Pakistan.

My friend, you will retards who want to blow themselves in every single sect in Pakistan.
umh don't want to turn this discussion off-way
but their level is off the charts, no one comes close to them in terms of sheer violence on earth and breeding violent organization- just look at terrorist organizations around the globe to catch my drift
Cant touch them...

umh don't want to turn this discussion off-way
but their level is off the charts, no one comes close to them in terms of sheer violence on earth and breeding violent organization- just look at terrorist organizations around the globe to catch my drift
Cant touch them...
Who do you mean by they?

Good question.

The largest mining company in KSA is Ma'aden and the government owns 50% of Ma’aden’s shares (through PIF) while the remaining 50% are listed on the Tadawul.

There are many other mining firms (private) such as those below:

However to expand the mining sector (like everywhere else really from Canada to Australia) to become one of the backbones of the future economy of KSA, foreign investment and involvement will be needed. Eventually the entire mineral sector will be operated by purely local entities like the oil and gas sectors are today.

Anyway we are talking about a huge landmass (larger than Pakistan itself) in mostly mountainous terrain with great geographic distances so it requires improvements in terms of infrastructure. I suspect that there could be cooperation across the Red Sea with neighbors such as Egypt and Sudan in this regard. I know that Saudi Arabian mining firms operate in both Sudan and Egypt.
I am pleased to see that KSA has its own mining firm. Pakistan also has a lot of minerals and precious metals waiting to be mined in Balochistan. I wonder why Pakistan has collaborated with KSA for mining them. @farok84 Brother are you familiar with the mining scene in Pakistan.

Very busy with life (family life, work etc.) in general. Just stopping by. It's been almost 2 years (COVID-19 and all) since my last visit. Hope everyone is doing well. Is PDF still Arab-obsessed as usual or is that "disease" on the retreat?:lol::rofl::enjoy:

What can we do? Allah honored Arabs with Islam and rest is history.

Btw i see you have Umayaad Caliphate map as avatar. What is the sentiment among Saudis in general about the Umayaa klan and their caliphate? Are arabs more Umayaad or Abbasid friendly?

I assume that you are talking about the Salafis. There are various areas where I strongly disagree with Salafis and I have observed that it is easier to be radicalized when you follow Salafism but it is unfair to blame Salafism itself for the creation of terrorists because that's not what it preaches.

What can we do? Allah honored Arabs with Islam and rest is history.

Btw i see you have Umayaad Caliphate map as avatar. What is the sentiment among Saudis in general about the Umayaa klan and their caliphate? Are arabs more Umayaad or Abbasid friendly?

To be honest, I personally look at it as history and history only. I use the avatar to poke fun at the once large anti-Arab crowd on PDF (not sure what the situation is today as I was inactive for 2 years until today) who in their great delusion believe that Arab history began when oil and gas was discovered (despite the Arab world being home to the oldest civilizations on the planet, Arabia included) and that Arabs cannot fight (a common misconception among that same lot), despite the same Arabs creating larger empires than any other Muslim people historically.

As for the Umayyad or Abbasid, both are respected/revered among the religious/historically conscious lot and both are taught in school. As for which is "preferred", there is no real consensus about that. None is preferred over the other, like any other Caliphate. Rashidun however is the most "respected" one from a purely religious perspective. I think that goes for all Muslims regardless of nationality and ethnicity.

Anyway we are way off-topic but since I can see that you are from Norway, I visited this summer for the first time and I must admit that it is a very beautiful country but probably the most expensive European country from what I noticed. Likeable people and society, very similar to Denmark, as is the language.

Salam bro welcome back. I hope all is well inshallah.
Thank you brother. It is, Alhamdulillah. Wishing you the best and good to see you around here still going strong.:D

I am pleased to see that KSA has its own mining firm. Pakistan also has a lot of minerals and precious metals waiting to be mined in Balochistan. I wonder why Pakistan has collaborated with KSA for mining them. @farok84 Brother are you familiar with the mining scene in Pakistan.

Well, the mining sector in KSA is still rather underdeveloped compared to the enormous potential so it comes as no surprise that cooperation is lacking on this front as on many other fronts, sadly.

Last edited:
To be honest, I personally look at it as history and history only. I use the avatar to poke fun at the once large anti-Arab crowd on PDF (not sure what the situation is today as I was inactive for 2 years until today) who in their great delusion believe that Arab history began when oil and gas was discovered (despite the Arab world being home to the oldest civilizations on the planet, Arabia included) and that Arabs cannot fight (a common misconception among that same lot), despite the same Arabs creating larger empires than any other Muslim people historically.

As for the Umayyad or Abbasid, both are respected/revered among the religious/historically conscious lot and both are taught in school. As for which is "preferred", there is no real consensus about that. None is preferred over the other, like any other Caliphate. Rashidun however is the most "respected" one from a purely religious perspective. I think that goes for all Muslims regardless of nationality and ethnicity.

Anyway we are way off-topic but since I can see that you are from Norway, I visited this summer for the first time and I must admit that it is a very beautiful country but probably the most expensive European country from what I noticed. Likeable people and society, very similar to Denmark, as is the language.

Yea as long as i have followed PDF, there has always been these rude people using foul language. Which i think is sad because otherwise this forum is great in so many ways.

I was taught Koran in Arabic when i was a kid and lived in Bangladesh and was told stories from prophetic period, but it wasnt before my late 20’s that i rediscovered islam and arab history. Because now i had the opportunity to read my own religion in english, and actually understand what i am reading! So began my journey into history of the caliphates and so on.

Rashida is of course revered by all muslims for their qualities. But after that, i got really curious about the Umayaads. Especially Abd Al Malik and his sons. Its both fascinating and mesmerizing in so many ways.

I am happy to read that there are vast mineral deposits in Arabia. As a geologist i have always suspected it. Hopefully the riches will benefit the common man and woman. You know Norway spends its revenue from North Sea petroleum on public welfare. Surplus revenue is invested abroad by the Norwegian National Pension Fund.

Happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay in Norway. When we have good weather there is no more beautiful country than Norway imo. The prices are notoriously high, in that regard its maybe not that tourist friendly, but the average salary is decent and much of our expenses are covered by social security, free healthcare and stuff like that.

I recently looked at map of Arabia and thought for myself; why not create a massive network of huge water pipe lines just like oil pipe lines. The waterpipelines would be used to irrigate large part of the land, slowly made into Savannah. Pipelines could be powered by Windturbines or even nuclear power. The freshwater could be sourced from Nile river delta or Euphrate-Tigris delta through huge set of pipelines.
If there is a nation that could afford this, it would be Saudi Arabia.

Last edited:
Yea as long as i have followed PDF, there has always been these rude people using foul language. Which i think is sad because otherwise this forum is great in so many ways.

I was taught Koran in Arabic when i was a kid and lived in Bangladesh and was told stories from prophetic period, but it wasnt before my late 20’s that i rediscovered islam and arab history. Because now i had the opportunity to read my own religion in english, and actually understand what i am reading! So began my journey into history of the caliphates and so on.

Rashida is of course revered by all muslims for their qualities. But after that, i got really curious about the Umayaads. Especially Abd Al Malik and his sons. Its both fascinating and mesmerizing in so many ways.

I am happy to read that there are vast mineral deposits in Arabia. As a geologist i have always suspected it. Hopefully the riches will benefit also the common man and woman. You know Norway spends its revenue from North Sea petroleum on public welfare. Surplus revenue is invested abroad by the Norwegian National Pension Fund.

Happy to hear that you enjoyed you stay in Norway. When we have good weather there is no more beautiful country than Norway imo. The prices are notiriously high, in that regard its maybe not that tourist friendly, but the average salary is decent and much of our expenses are covered by social security, free healthcare and stuff like that.

I recently looked at map of Arabi and thought for myself; why not create a massive network of huge water pipe lines just like oil pipe lines. The waterpipelines would be used to irrigate large oart of the land made into Savannah. Pipelines could be powered by Windturbines or even nuclear power. The freshwater could be sourced from nile river delta or Euphrate-Tigris delta through huge set of pipelines.
If there is a nation that could afford this, it would be Saudi Arabia.

Well, this is the nature of the internet. More people than ever in history can have an opinion and voice it. Unfortunately one of the consequences of that is that idiots, everywhere in the world, have access to online platforms. Twitter is a great example of this unfortunate trend.

Nice to speak to a Bangladeshi brother. A geologist at that too.

KSA, much like Norway and Scandinavia in general, is a welfare state. I would claim a bigger one on many fronts given the almost complete lack of a taxation in KSA. Anyone can take a look at the per capita of the ordinary Saudi Arabian, the infrastructure in the country and general living standards and conclude whether the leaders invest in the country or not. I for once won't complain considering what could have been and nobody in KSA, the GCC or Scandinavia for that matter should although many things could improve in all 3 regions/countries. That is obvious.

Actually KSA has agricultural areas the size of medium-sized countries. KSA is also almost self-sufficient in terms of food expect for the most water intensive corps and foods/corps that are not economically feasible on the long run.

Speaking about agriculture in KSA, take a look at those 2 threads: (Just make a quick search on PDF)

And you will be surprised to learn that KSA produces one of the most expensive rice in the world (if not the most expensive) in the Eastern Province.

13 million views on Youtube. Quite impressive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom