al-Hasani

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia
MAKKAH: ARAB NEWS

Published — Sunday 13 April 2014

Last update 13 April 2014 12:18 am

A Saudi woman won three gold medals at the Geneva International Exhibition for Inventors, which is an outstanding achievement, Sabq newswire said.
Ghaida Al-Sulami, a lecturer at the College of Nursing in Umm Al Qura University won the medals in a joint collaboration with a team from King Abdullah Medical City (KAMC). Her project was concerned with the invention of an electronic screen for communicating with patients in intensive care units (ICUs). Dr. Tariq Jailani, the Head of Anesthesia at KAMC was part of the team, local media said.
Al-Sulami also won two gold medals from the Portuguese and Roman Wings. She expressed joy at her unique achievement and cooperation with the KAMC, Sabq daily quoted her as saying.
The Saudi inventor said that she will take her project to the Paris International Conference for patient safety in 2014. She also expressed pride in conveying Saudi women’s message to the international events.
KAMC achieved seven international medals along with two certificates of excellence in the exhibition.
The Geneva Exhibition of Inventions 2014 brought together more than 1,000 inventors, representing some 54 countries. It aims to encourage young inventors to continue doing scientific and technical research. The event, which drew more than 3,000 visitors from 70 countries, closed sessions last Friday.

Saudi woman wins 3 gold medals at Geneva expo | Arab News — Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Excellent.

Congrats to winner. Glad to know that Saudi woman are also participating in such competition

Saudi Arabian women are one of the best performing international students at higher learning places in the Western world and the ME. Primiarlity that is seen in the US where you have 30.000 Saudi Arabian female students at US universities. More than any other nationality outside of Chinese, Indians and South Koreans. The first two whose population are 40 times bigger than that of KSA.

This news is actually nothing new and it's a common sight for Saudi Arabian to succeed academically.

Just look at the numerous threads I have made about the achievements of Saudi Arabian women.

I believe that the most important thing right now in KSA is to integrate women on all levels of society and I lament some of the laws such as the ban on women driving which is a huge embarrassment and extremely bad publicity.

Arab women played a big and very underrated role in science, rule of governance and they even participated in wars in the nearly 1500 year old Islamic history. Yet somehow they regressed in the past 200 years or so. This is thankfully changing but more need to change for me to be happy.

how is it derailing.....its related to women sports....isn't that the issue?
The thread is not about sports...Apparently you didnt even bother reading it...

Her project was concerned with the invention of an electronic screen for communicating with patients in intensive care units (ICUs).

So Indians play hockey in ICUs? :pop:

Saudi Arabian women are one of the best performing international studies at higher learning places in the Western world and the ME. Primiarlity that is seen in the US where you have 30.000 Saudi Arabian female studies at US universities. More than any other nationality outside of Chinese, Indians and South Koreans. The first two whose population are 40 times bigger than that of KSA.

This news is actually nothing new and it's a common sight for Saudi Arabian to succeed academically.

Just look at the numerous threads I have made about the achievements of Saudi Arabian women.

Its good for KSA. Contribution of women cannot be ignore for progress of a country. The best advantage for them is that they don't need to worry about study expenses and finances as most of you guys get scholarship from government to study in foreign universities

how is it derailing.....its related to women sports....isn't that the issue?

penguifall.gif

KSA had its first female olympians in 2012.

Besides this has nothing to do with women sports and women sports are one of the least important issues at all.

Back
Top Bottom