What's new

Saudi Arabian man ‘divorces wife for driving’

Heard she drove away with a sticker on the back - "Just Divorced"
:rofl::rofl: hilarious!

Iranian women are more liberated than their Saudi counterparts. They are allowed to drive for one thing.
word..... LOL
10172824_1435825560006313_574001664088525745_n.jpg

word..... LOL
10172824_1435825560006313_574001664088525745_n.jpg
We have even rally for women
777168-b.jpg

are women also not treated differently in Iran- i.e. have to be dressed in a way and you have police specifically to check that on the streets?
In Iran women almost can do everything that men can do.hijab is not only for women it exist for men too.for example men can not wear britches.

How stupid!!! The very fact that such shit of tradition over religion crawls in their mind is disgusting!!

I never understood how it is fine for a woman to sit in a taxi with a non mahram as ok and acceptable but god forbid she drives!! :unsure:
These are the conditions on which women are allowed to get into a taxi with a non mahram driver.
1) the man is trustworthy and she does not fear any harm from him and the woman is trustworthy
2) he takes public roads that are not deserted
3) that there is a need for it
:close_tema:

Iranian women are more liberated than their Saudi counterparts. They are allowed to drive for one thing.

more liberated? LOL
I would say both countries treat women like 2nd class citizens...

These are the conditions on which women are allowed to get into a taxi with a non mahram driver.
1) the man is trustworthy and she does not fear any harm from him and the woman is trustworthy
2) he takes public roads that are not deserted
3) that there is a need for it
:close_tema:

I know this but it doesnt make sense
And soo every taxi driver is trustworthy? What if he suddenly turns the taxi to a deserted road? Will she be able to stop him? This is 1 of the few laws I really never understood...How is it ok to get in a taxi with a non mahram and it is not ok to drive on your own? :unsure:

I know this but it doesnt make sense
And soo every taxi driver is trustworthy? What if he suddenly turns the taxi to a deserted road? Will she be able to stop him? This is 1 of the few laws I really never understood...How is it ok to get in a taxi with a non mahram and it is not ok to drive on your own? :unsure:
Who will tell all this to Stupid Mullahs... i heard one saying that driving could affect their ovaries...

dumb axx reglious man.

A Saudi Arabian man has reportedly divorced his wife after she sent him a video which showed her driving the family car.

Saudi women are subjected to a de facto ban on driving in the kingdom because they are not allowed to apply for licences, a fact which has been the topic of numerous criticisms, campaigns and most recently an intervention by President Barack Obama.

According to the Al Arabiya news site, the woman filmed herself driving in a public place and then sent the file to her husband on the instant messaging application Whatsapp, “expecting to surprise” him.

Yet if it was indeed intended as a light-hearted joke, the stunt has backfired spectacularly – the man has now filed divorce papers, and reportedly told a judge that his wife broke not only the law but also “social traditions and norms”.

Al Arabiya reported that the news had divided social media users in the country, with some defended him for “standing up for traditions” and others critical that he would break up a family over the issue.

Outside of Saudi Arabia, the driving ban has attracted almost universal criticism. The international community got behind a campaign in October last year, which saw around 60 women picture themselves flouting the ban.

Naseema al-Sada, who has driven in the eastern region of Qatif, told The Associated Press that public attitudes have changed following the movement.

“Women's rights are no longer a taboo subject,” she said, noting that the campaign is also widely covered in the domestic media.
Saudi Arabian man ‘divorces wife for driving’ - Middle East - World - The Independent
:o::crazy:

Iran is much more open than majority of muslim countries.

Just look how Iran performs in each year's IMO, you know Iran is quite smart.

Sure, but compared to saudi women, female goats have more rights. Just b/c Iranian women have more rights it doesn't mean they're more free.

There's nothing worse than being a female in the Middle East, nothing.

Quickfire sure way to get a divorce - drive a car in Saudi.

Back
Top Bottom