What's new

Saudi Arabia in Pictures

Rich city! Quite similar to Dubai..

Some excellent photos of the proud Bedouins of the Rub' al-Khali. One of the most ancient of peoples. Some photos are 40-35 years old photos.

Amazing portraits.

It is said that Bedouin hospitality is second to none in this world. It is famed across the world and has been romanticized in movies, poems, songs etc. Both in the Arab world and elsewhere. They are sometimes blamed for some ills but by heart they are lovely people.

They are also one of the biggest survivors of this world that live in a very harsh environment. Their lifestyle is dying out but I hope that at least some will survive in let's say 50 years of time from now on.

Bedouins are also great musicians, story tellers, poets and artists. Also famed warriors. One of the best in history. They formed the backbone of many Islamic armies throughout the ages.
God bless them.

5559054857_1fd86f792f_b.jpg

5598928082_5395498195_b.jpg

6215968326_765132e976_b.jpg

7058018493_4a49b642c6_b.jpg

man+on+a+ledge+riyadh+rashid+tower+nikon+d5100+noobtography+ian+purugganan+%2817%29+%281280x844%29.jpg
Beautiful..

Dear friends, many of you are native residents of Saudi, some are expats. One Saudi company contacted me for a senior position in Riyadh. Although it is very initial stage, I will be obliged if you kindly share few info about living in Saudi as I am completely unaware -

a. Whether the city safe? I spent a year in Dubai with family earlier and found it as a very safe city.
b. How people spent spare time? Whether movies etc are allowed?
c. What is the living expense/month considering a upper middle class living including house rent
d. Is using Burkha is mandatory while women and kids are outside?
e. Whether Indian schools are available? How good are they?

Regards,

a. Whether the city safe? I spent a year in Dubai with family earlier and found it as a very safe city.

It's safe and the crime rate is low for a big and spread out city. Also depends on the area.

b. How people spent spare time? Whether movies etc are allowed?

There are no movie Theaters/Night clubs in Saudi Arabia. Entertainment in Riyadh is mostly indoors with friends and family, camping at the outskirts of the city, and shopping.

c. What is the living expense/month considering a upper middle class living including house rent

Depends on the area, mostly 25,000$-30,000$ a year for an upper class small villa/duplex.

d. Is using Burkha is mandatory while women and kids are outside?

No, just the Abaya (Black cloak) is (Headscarf is preferred, but not mandatory)

e. Whether Indian schools are available? How good are they?

There's a big international Indian school in Riyadh and it's good + A lot of Indian nationals live around that neighborhood.

Boys_Section_of_the_International_Indian_School_in_Riyadh.jpg

clinaug4.JPG

clinaug11.JPG

qz4.JPG

spbig9.JPG

Last edited:
Faisal University

tumblr_me5cih5Moi1rhfx4eo1_1280.jpg

41622943.jpg

kff-afu-overview-photo-5.jpg

atrium_duo.jpg

11199.jpg

alfaisal2.jpg

74530155.jpg

Naqi Rezvi, from an Indian mother and a Pakistani father, an engineer who overcame his handicap and graduated with honors and top of his class

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom