What's new

Samsung Electronics says to start building new China memory chip line this month

Korea will follow Japan with decades of stagnation and depression.

I do not think so. I think they are more pragmatic and, somehow, less colonized by the US. They are able to produce leaders that are less responsive to the US, unlike Japan which has been under literally one-part rule for arout 70 years except for few minor political accidents.

As long as Korean brands maintain presence in China's market, they won't experience stagflation.

I do not think so. I think they are more pragmatic and, somehow, less colonized by the US. They are able to produce leaders that are less responsive to the US, unlike Japan which has been under literally one-part rule for arout 70 years except for few minor political accidents.

As long as Korean brands maintain presence in China's market, they won't experience stagflation.
Your bias makes you blind. But I don’t blame you. It’s your life, your decision. No, China can’t save Korea. Actually you can’t save anyone.

The demographics bomb will cast a long dark shadow over Korea. Nobody can change.

Half a million South Koreans live permanently in China, those living in China temporarily are estimated to have reached 1-2 million.
Their fate is so held tight to Chinese economy.

This is not about Samsung helping China. This is about Samsung wants to occupy and maintain the large share of NAND pie in China. Samsung and other are colluding to maintain high price on NAND today, but with China ramping up in research and developing of NAND chips then price will drop in future when China start to mass produce them. And this Samsung's new factory could be a way for it to suppress China's development. China needs to and will have to continue to forge ahead on their own R&D regardless of Samsung's investment in this sector there.

Your bias makes you blind. But I don’t blame you. It’s your life, your decision. No, China can’t save Korea. Actually you can’t save anyone.

The demographics bomb will cast a long dark shadow over Korea. Nobody can change.

This is 3rd world country resident thinking where GDP matters more than anything else. The only countries that'll have a long dark shadow cast over it are countries with exploding population growths. The future economies won't be able to support such high population figures and unemployment rates will skyrocket as developing countries will fight one another for a decreasing share of the low-skill manufacturing market.

Automation and AI will destroy most jobs in the third world.

Back
Top Bottom