What's new

Safari Storme beats Scorpio to replace Indian Army's Gypsy Fleet

I hope Army does not seek Tata service centres every 10kms across the border! Tata is the enemy of reliability when it comes to automobiles. I experienced it twice in the past decades - Once an Indica and next was Indica Vista Multijet - Enough to know where the quality lies. Rust bucket, lacking build quality, alignment issues (tyres not lasting) and parts replacing on every visit to service centre.

In South Africa, they have a favourite TATA song due to the infamous nature of Tata's reputation. Let me find out.

Yep Tata old Indica were shitty ..
I be personally seen many engine exhausts of old Indica.
They won't be able pull in hills ..

Manza was great because of fiat 1.3 multijet engine
Current Tata after jaguars and land rovers acquisition have improved I guess.

It is selected under the GSV - General service category. It will be used for executive, bureaucratic and transport duties.

thats what my question ...

general services.....carring officers to home , to their kids to school , wifes to market....

12 lakh rupee top end luxury suv , when a half price diseal sudan can do the same....

general services.....carring officers to home , to their kids to school , wifes to market....

12 lakh rupee top end luxury suv , when a half price diseal sudan can do the same....

The Storme can go where most sedans cannot.

The Storme can carry a lot of bullet proofing armor plating which most diesel sedans cannot.

The Storme can seat 7, which all sedans cannot.

Carrying officers to and from home is right but mostly these vehicles stay at their designated offices. If they are used in garrison's and cantonments then they'll be used for above said additional duties.

The Storme can go where most sedans cannot.

The Storme can carry a lot of bullet proofing armor plating which most diesel sedans cannot.

The Storme can seat 7, which all sedans cannot.
Carrying officers to and from home is right but mostly these vehicles stay at their designated offices. If they are used in garrison's and cantonments then they'll be used for above said additional duties.

gipsy was a bit unconfortable for kids and wives in summers...no a/c you know....

gipsy was a bit unconfortable for kids and wives in summers...no a/c you know....

Agree. But the 1.6 liter Gypsy King (same engine as the old classy Baleno, which I have) is the perfect weapon for the mountains.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom