What's new

SAC - FC-31 Grey Falcon Stealth aircraft for PAF : Updates & Debate

What are the reasons why PAF is not going for EuroFighter Typhoon or Gripen....????

What are the reasons why PAF is not going for EuroFighter Typhoon or Gripen....????
too expensive in that price you can get a Russian Su 35 or a Chinese 5th gen.
other than that the typhoon,gripen and rafale are all European so they are alot under American influence,embargoes can be placed and restrictions ultimately giving us a hard time like we had with the 16's.

why not go for J-20 has better design,more fire power can easily outperform any western stealth counterparts,engine is surprisingly not RD-93 that thing smokes more than 2 stroke rickshaw to be honest.
FC 31 is a 5th gen aircraft but just not a capable one.
People read in the articles that the Chinese stole/hacked F-35 tech hence claim FC-31 equally powerful to F-35 but what they did not read was it was hacked back in 2009,F-35 tech is improving every second had many facelift and alot new gizmos added,Chinese engineers are quite talented and are improving the FC 31 but F 35 is being jointly devolved by all finest engineers from 5 countries who made there own aircraft not copied others....
FC-31 might be good against 3rd or 4th gen aircraft but surely it can not stand a chance against any 5th gen in the block.
It failed to impress people in the air show too.
J-20 is a better option overall then FC-31,idk ACM knows better.
J-20 is not for export, just like F-22 and as for engine of J-31 is temporary one in production their is WS-13A with J-31

:undecided: Chalo kuch na honay say hona bheter hai:pakistan::china:
I think J-31 is better design than J-20 , J-20 has a oversized canard surfaces which might be increases its frontal RCS and from the rear its worst than its front, its has ventral fins which might be increases its RCS from the sides, its engine is not shielded from below and sides, I don't like the J-20 current configuration because is over hyped by China, no hard feeling my Chinese friends

J31 is a good aircraft with most advance technology that can even compete fighters like F-35 and American Raptors..
Pakistan should go for it..!!!!

I think J-31 is better design than J-20 , J-20 has a oversized canard surfaces which might be increases its frontal RCS and from the rear its worst than its front, its has ventral fins which might be increases its RCS from the sides, its engine is not shielded from below and sides, I don't like the J-20 current configuration because is over hyped by China, no hard feeling my Chinese friends

Its not hard feeling but rather you have fed with too many American/western propaganda. PLAAF top brass going through the comparison by China top aviation scientist concluded J-20 is superior than J-31 in all aspect which is the reason why J-20 is selected as PLAAF 5th gen fighter while J-31 relegated to export.

Ventral fin is to shield RCS from side bottom. The shape is specially configurate for that purpose. Canard if with careful alignment do not contributed too much of RCS. Please read the report from Song Wencong assessment of J-20.

Translation of J-20 Article by Dr. Song Wencong

Its not hard feeling but rather you have fed with too many American/western propaganda. PLAAF top brass going through the comparison by China top aviation scientist concluded J-20 is superior than J-31 in all aspect which is the reason why J-20 is selected as PLAAF 5th gen fighter while J-31 relegated to export.

Ventral fin is to shield RCS from side bottom. The shape is specially configurate for that purpose. Canard if with careful alignment do not contributed too much of RCS. Please read the report from Song Wencong assessment of J-20.

Translation of J-20 Article by Dr. Song Wencong
OK sir I admitted the fact that J-20 has better stealth than J-31 thank you for your article:china::sniper::smitten::tup:

Hi,

It is too late to buy the Grippen now----I greatly favored that aircraft along with the Rafale. It should have been bought in 2003-----almost 12 years have gone by---.

The JF17 BLK2 is better equipped than any Grippen as an overall package---so---basically more advance---remember---you got air to surface---air to air and air to ship missiles available----all weather and night time flying capability and smart weapons launch capability. ----same against Grippen NG---the BLK 3 with aesa would be as capable----but again with the total weapons package----it would be more potent and advanced.

At this time it does not make any sense to buy a Grippen.

What makes sense is to buy heavy strike aircraft.

Hi,

It is too late to buy the Grippen now----I greatly favored that aircraft along with the Rafale. It should have been bought in 2003-----almost 12 years have gone by---.

The JF17 BLK2 is better equipped than any Grippen as an overall package---so---basically more advance---remember---you got air to surface---air to air and air to ship missiles available----all weather and night time flying capability and smart weapons launch capability. ----same against Grippen NG---the BLK 3 with aesa would be as capable----but again with the total weapons package----it would be more potent and advanced.

At this time it does not make any sense to buy a Grippen.

What makes sense is to buy heavy strike aircraft.
Understood ,

Shenyang is looking for international partners for the FC-31 program.

AVIC Begins FC-31 Export Drive | Dubai Air Show 2015 content from Aviation Week

AVIC Begins FC-31 Export Drive

China’s Aviation Industry Corporation (AVIC) has stated plans to fly a production version of its FC-31 Gyrfalcon fifth-generation fighter by 2019.

Although reluctant to take questions, company officials also stated they are in negotiations with the Chinese government to offer the aircraft to the Chinese People’s Liberation Army Air Force, despite previous reports that the fighter would only be offered for export.

Speaking in Dubai, where the company is displaying a model of the FC-31 outside China for the first time as the company begins the export push for the Gyrfalcon, Li Yuhai, deputy general manager at AVIC, said the aircraft was demonstrating the “technological and management progress” of the program.

Lin Peng, the FC-31’s chief designer, hinted that the company was looking for an international partner for the aircraft rather than the relationship it has with Pakistan’s Aeronautical Complex on the JF-17. He said that international customers would be able to customize their aircraft in terms of communication systems, sensors and weapons, something that would likely only be done outside China.

He added that the aircraft would be low-observable against a number of multi-spectrum sensors, and claimed the aircraft would be stealthy against L-band and Ku-band radars.

Peng said the aircraft’s primary armament would be the PL-9 short-range missile, the SD-10A medium-range air-to-air missile and small diameter bombs. He said the aircraft would be able to carry 2,000 kg (4,400 lb.) of weapons in its single internal bay and 6,000 kg (13,220 lb.) externally.

The company would not say which engine would power production aircraft but that it would be a “advanced medium thrust engine” producing 88.29 kN. (20,000 lb./9,000 kg) of thrust. The demonstrator aircraft is currently powered by the Russian RD-93 which powers the Mikoyan MiG-29.

With a first flight planned for 2019, an initial operating capability would occur some time in 2022/23 and the aircraft would become fully operationally capable two years later.

PAF should go for 3 squadrons of j11, 3 squadrons of J31 and if possible atleaset 1 squadron of J20 but having in view that we are also manufacturing jf17 which needs to be accelerated and join Turkish TFX program
if we go J-11 series of aircraft unit price of J-11 is let assume 60 mil $ so 60*50= 3 billion $, as for J31 is in development stage, if final configration of J-31 is unit price 80 to 100 mil $, let assume 90 mil $ so 90*50=4.5 billion $, and J-20 is not for export it is a chinese specific program, if it is a possibility to purchase J-20, it unit price 120 mil $ to 150 Mil $, so 120*24=2.8 billion $, so total amount of money of these fighter is 10.3 billion $, and don't talk about Turkish TFX, it is in initial phase of development and i think it is ready in 2030 time-frame, we have no funds to purchase these three fighter and forget about Turkish TFX

but we can raise money lets say in next 10 years and i m sure we will get some soft loans for those aircraft...& i dont think tey will cost that high if we compare the prices with other aircrafts like f-35 also for TFX we should join this program .....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom