What's new

Russia's new Su-57 'stealth' fighter already looks like a disappointment

For all the bluster Chinese jets are junk. And so are Pak jets. So unless you plan to go to war with the US or Russia (highly unlikely), even current Pak Fa is a great addition.

It would be just as easy to claim that American, Russian, or European jets are "junk" without the obligation to back it up with evidence.

Su-57 would enter service too
that does not make it stealthy or 5th gen

Perhaps you could elaborate on why the J-20 wouldn't be a "stealthy" or "5th generation" platform.

lol at Business Insider. Even more lol at quoting Dave Majumdar.

It would be just as easy to claim that American, Russian, or European jets are "junk" without the obligation to back it up with evidence.

Perhaps you could elaborate on why the J-20 wouldn't be a "stealthy" or "5th generation" platform.

Who have evaluated them outside of China ?
Some of the European and Russian jets have been evaluated by dozens of professional air forces from 3rd parties.

None of your fighters J-10 and J-20 have been sold outside of China

Who have evaluated them outside of China ?
Some of the European and Russian jets have been evaluated by dozens of professional air forces from 3rd parties.

None of your fighters J-10 and J-20 have been sold outside of China

That does not support your claim that the J-20 isn't a "success". Note that the Su-57 has not been evaluated out of Russia as well.

That does not support your claim that the J-20 isn't a "success". Note that the Su-57 has not been evaluated out of Russia as well.
It has been evaluated... i.e. India and has been shown & flown at international events.

It has been evaluated... i.e. India and has been shown & flown at international events.

Being evaluated by an international observer does not make a weapons platform any more authentic or capable than it already is.

Look at the beginning of the thread. I am skeptical about the Su-57

And, once again, based on what? The article provides no evidence or suggestion regarding the nature of the Su-57's combat capabilities that are useful in evaluating its "success" in the field.

Being evaluated by an international observer does not make a weapons platform any more authentic or capable than it already is.

And, once again, based on what? The article provides no evidence or suggestion regarding the nature of the Su-57's combat capabilities that are useful in evaluating its "success" in the field.
the same is true for J-20

International observers are less likely to spout any of the jingonistic claims

their jets are not a Frankenstein monster or inspector gadget put together with pieces and copied elements of other projects.

We may see India going for F35 soon and ditch Russians on Su-57 in the process. The Russians have not been successful in the fifth generation fighter aircraft program. As far as i can see, Chinese were better than the Russians in this.
Its a definite possibility. We already are taking step back from Su57 program. F-35 is definitely on cards but it will take time for us to get as there is huge line for that aircraft. I think we will get F35 for Navy too. But that's a wwish only.

Back
Top Bottom