What's new

Russians fear Syria becoming another Afghanistan

ultron

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
Russian fears of Syria becoming a 'new Afghanistan' - Al Jazeera English

I think it's unlikely because technology has come a long way since Afghanistan days and mujahids still have the same AKs and RPGs which are no longer a threat on the modern battlefield. Only 1 Russian died so far from suicide in a month. In a year we can expect 12 Russians die from suicide. That's a far cry from Afghanistan where 15,000 Russians died over 9 years.

Plus, Syria is not as geographically isolated like Afghanistan is. Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, these are all Shia strongholds. Russia does not have to fight up close and personal in Syria like Russia had to in Afghanistan. Russia can use proxy ground grunts.

Last edited:
I cringe when anyone compares the Syrian theater to the USSR's campaign in Afghanistan during the 80s. Shows a lack of basic understanding of military matters.

Our parameters in Syria are totally different and our primary objective is to discourage the development of the Qatar-Turkey gas pipeline through regional instability. Our campaign is more strategic than tactical.

To do this we need to create as much instability in the region as possible. For that we need more players to be drawn into combat which so far is not happening because the turks/arabs/israelis are cowards. They are not even supplying the jihadis with advanced weapons so that we can widen our effort even more.

We might have to stage attacks on their civilian targets via jihadi channels to encourage the cowards to jump in. More players mean more death and destruction and more instability which is what we need.

For now, were fine both ways. if the jihadis fall, the government will be friendly to us. If the government falls, Syria will be unstable enough not to allow construction of the pipeline due to splintering jihadi groups

In the end, we win.

It already has become another Afghanistan-thanks to our infighting. The same factional and fragmentation wars are being fought in Syria today as were in Afghanistan. They are similarly divided between alawites, pro assad forces, Iranian supported factions, US supported factions like the FSA with the ISIS right in the middle. A deadly mix and an even deadlier future for Syria. We muslims by backing different factions have turned Syria into another Afghanistan it is a repeat of Afghanistan.

It already has become another Afghanistan-thanks to our infighting. The same factional and fragmentation wars are being fought in Syria today as were in Afghanistan. They are similarly divided between alawites, pro assad forces, Iranian supported factions, US supported factions like the FSA with the ISIS right in the middle. A deadly mix and an even deadlier future for Syria. We muslims by backing different factions have turned Syria into another Afghanistan it is a repeat of Afghanistan.

Whiteys always come to the ME and Afghanistan.

I cringe when anyone compares the Syrian theater to the USSR's campaign in Afghanistan during the 80s. Shows a lack of basic understanding of military matters.

Our parameters in Syria are totally different and our primary objective is to discourage the development of the Qatar-Turkey gas pipeline through regional instability. Our campaign is more strategic than tactical.

To do this we need to create as much instability in the region as possible. For that we need more players to be drawn into combat which so far is not happening because the turks/arabs/israelis are cowards. They are not even supplying the jihadis with advanced weapons so that we can widen our effort even more.

We might have to stage attacks on their civilian targets via jihadi channels to encourage the cowards to jump in. More players mean more death and destruction and more instability which is what we need.

For now, were fine both ways. if the jihadis fall, the government will be friendly to us. If the government falls, Syria will be unstable enough not to allow construction of the pipeline due to splintering jihadi groups

In the end, we win.
it is you who dont know much you think jihadi groups can be hostile to the countries who are supplying them and supporting them in their media isil has been sharing a border with turkey for a long time yet there is not even a single problem maybe it is more friendly than the border between Belgium and Netherlands there is much you need to understand about our fu**ed up region

isil has been sharing a border with turkey for a long time yet there is not even a single problem
Okay, mate. Now there is two options for you;

1-) Edit and remove this sentence from your post.
2-) I will personally make you to eat that words.

Choice is yours.

because the turks/arabs/israelis are cowards.

Says the Russian who prostituted their Empress to avoid fighting. :rofl:

Catherine I of Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pruth River Campaign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Okay, mate. Now there is two options for you;

1-) Edit and remove this sentence from your post.
2-) I will personally make you to eat that words.

Choice is yours.

Says the Russian who prostituted their Empress to avoid fighting. :rofl:

Catherine I of Russia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pruth River Campaign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
i have no problem with saying i am wrong if i was tell me what happened in all this time you are sharing a border with them

Back
Top Bottom