What's new

Featured Russian Su-30 fighter jet SHOT DOWN during military drills

Liaslia

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
A Su-30 fighter jet that crashed in central Russia might have been accidentally shot down by another jet during military drills, local media has reported. Both pilots managed to eject safely, but the aircraft was destroyed. The plane, which cost some $50 million back in 2012, came down in a wooded area in Russia’s central Tver Region on Tuesday. The two pilots survived the crash and were evacuated.

https://www.rt.com/russia

Oh my god ... this is almost as bad as the Indians shooting down their own helicopter. Luckily both pilots survived but still? Russian air identification has always had a very sloppy history to say the least. In 1987, the Soviet Air Force could not even properly intercept a German Cessna that ended up landing in the heart of Red Square.

I am amazed that :

1 - A Russian missile hit anything .... but then if the plane it is shooting down is also garbage, then odds could be even....
2 - That the Russian plane could not dodge a missile which they own and should be able to jam.
3 - The IFF systems allowed ths shot to be taken...
3 - That the shooting jet could not self-distruct the missile it has just fired off...

Russian equipment, what a bag of sh*te ..

I am amazed that :

1 - A Russian missile hit anything .... but then if the plane it is shooting down is also garbage, then odds could be even....
2 - That the Russian plane could not dodge a missile which they own and should be able to jam.
3 - That the shooting jet could not self-distruct the missile it has just fired off...

Russian equipment, ...

Explains why the Indian Su-30 MKIs bingoed out on 27th February 2019.

I am amazed that :

It was with a cannon not missile.

It was with a cannon not missile.
Doesn't make it any better ... actually makes it worse. Why are Russian friend-foe identification systems so terrible or perhaps it is because of poor pilot training? I have heard Russians don't log nearly as many hours as their NATO counterparts but something like this should never happen. Kind of reminds you of the days when the Soviets lost more aircraft due to accidents in World War II than enemy action.

Doesn't make it any better ... actually makes it worse. Why are Russian friend-foe identification systems so terrible or perhaps it is because of poor pilot training? I have heard Russians don't log nearly as many hours as their NATO counterparts but something like this should never happen. Kind of reminds you of the days when the Soviets lost more aircraft due to accidents in World War II than enemy action.

It was cannot hit during exercise. IFF has nothing to do with it. Su-35 shot down Su-30 during WVR cannon exercise.

LOL But it was a direct hit and the missile struck it's intended target. so proves the fighter jet is in good shape. So what's the issue here? :)

Yep, it doesnt make any better the BS and nonsense you are spamming Russia-related threads on this site... for like years, stupid troll. Get some help with your butthurt, stop bothering other people with it.

Oh my god ... this is almost as bad as the Indians shooting down their own helicopter. Luckily both pilots survived but still? Russian air identification has always had a very sloppy history to say the least. In 1987, the Soviet Air Force could not even properly intercept a German Cessna that ended up landing in the heart of Red Square.

Indians have done worse

This Han witted Indian pilot took the word intercept literally when sent to investigate a spy plane

1602096889919.png

I am amazed that :

Don't be cocky..PAF managed to shoot down its brand new F -16 ..with another one...back in the 80s.

Actually it was even worse.
PAF f -16 on a bombing run along Afghan border managed to hit another F 16 flying at lower altitude with it's dumb bomb.

Back
Top Bottom