What's new

Russian New SU-30CM Jet-Fighter Makes Maiden Flight

mosu

Reaction score
Russia's new Sukhoi SU-30CM jet fighter has completed its maiden flight, the aircraft's Designer Irkut Corporation said Friday.
"A test of the SU-30CM fighter has been conducted at an airfield in Irkutsk. The two-hour flight did not reveal any problem," the company said in a statement.
The SU-30CM multipurpose fighter is the newest version of Russia's SU-30MK family. In March, the Defense Ministry ordered 30 SU-30CM airplanes to delivered to the Air Force by 2015.

The 22-meter-long fighter is capable of covering a distance of up to 3,000 km with a maximum speed of 2,125 km/h or Mach 2 on an altitude of 17.3 km. It is equipped with one machine gun, six middle-range guided missiles and eight non-guided bombs.

Similer to MKI or better?

I think better than MKI because why they will make similar thing like anyone have definitely upgraded/better model like 3000+ km range.

On the contrary, I think MKI may be better as it has western Avionics.

Similer to MKI or better?

So the Russians who made SU30 some 12 years ago come up with something new in 2012 and yu are asking if that is better than MKI? No I think they reinvented Mig 21.

Sukhoi-SU30CM.jpg

It is based on MKI but with Russian parts replacing the Western ones in MKI...

it is common sense that it would not be a match for raptor.

i dont really know many specs on the planes, hence why i asked.

i would of thought if the russians made new jets, they would do their best to match americas best too!.

or has china now smashed russia in this area ?

how would it rate compared to f-22 raptor?

you mean where does it stand (wrt Raptor), right?

Answer> SU 30 CM is 4.5 gen fighter

it will be 4.5 gen fighter (by US standard), if it has ASEA/gets AESA radar and sophisticated sensors and equipment

it has modern sensors and equipment, question is > does it have/ will get AESA

i don't think it has/will get AESA as this will demand more powerful engine

so unless they intend to use 117S engine with 14,500 KG thrust or engine for proposed MKI with 15,000 KG thrust, it won't have AESA- hence SU 30 SM is not 4.5 gen fighter(by US Standard) and just another, better, version of flanker.

no new engine also implies NO Supercruise

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...34D4Dw&usg=AFQjCNGkUuUzTCYzAP9TKu40czA0Ly3tgQ

in such case, SU 30 CM has little chance against Raptor

you mean where does it stand (wrt Raptor), right?

Answer> SU 30 CM is 4.5 gen fighter

it will be 4.5 gen fighter (by US standard), if it has ASEA/gets AESA radar and sophisticated sensors and equipment

it has modern sensors and equipment, question is > does it have/ will get AESA

i don't think it has/will get AESA as this will demand more powerful engine

so unless they intend to use 117S engine with 14,500 KG thrust or engine for proposed MKI with 15,000 KG thrust, it won't have AESA- hence SU 30 SM is not 4.5 gen fighter(by US Standard) and just another, better, version of flanker.

no new engine also implies NO Supercruise

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...34D4Dw&usg=AFQjCNGkUuUzTCYzAP9TKu40czA0Ly3tgQ

in such case, SU 30 CM has little chance against Raptor

fair enough, thanks for your reply

So the Russians who made SU30 some 12 years ago come up with something new in 2012 and yu are asking if that is better than MKI? No I think they reinvented Mig 21.

I won't be too sure about that. MKI is not an entirely Russian built model. And it was considered to be the most advanced flanker out there due to the western components in it. The Russians had been known to be keen in bridging that gap. This is probably the result of it.

The Su-27 family series is by far my most beloved family of Aircrafts. Right after the F-15 Family of course. However if I was to choose between the two to equip my own Air Force I would go Flanker though.

Back
Top Bottom