What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, some "experts" here were predicting Ruble will trade like 1000 against $1 in a month or so.

Has it reached there yet?

What is today's course?
Iran currency lost 90 percent when being sanctioned. That’s the optimistic scenario for Rubles. Just 90 percent. Probably worse. Russia is the most sanctioned country in history, more than Iran, NK and Cuba combined.

There are estimates Russia economy will lose between 15y and 30y economic progress and return to 1990 when USSR collapsed. Putin will be 100 y old when Russia recovers to prior the war.

Iran currency lost 90 percent when being sanctioned. That’s the optimistic scenario for Rubles. Just 90 percent. Probably worse. Russia is the most sanctioned country in history, more than Iran, NK and Cuba combined.

There are estimates Russia economy will lose between 15y and 30y economic progress and return to 1990 when USSR collapsed. Putin will be 100 y old when Russia recovers to prior the war.

But google is telling me as of today Ruble is trading at 96 against $.

A few weeks ago it was like 140.

Why is this happening?

Why is this happening?
Russia demands payment in Ruble for its energy from unfriendly countries. So, the market is speculating that these countries would scramble for Rubles.

Why is this happening?
The Russian economy is far more resilient than expected. The plan to destroy the rouble has failed. Wait till the payments for gas are in roubles. The price of the rouble will be even higher.

Russia demands payment in Ruble for its energy from unfriendly countries. So, the market is speculating that these countries would scramble for Rubles.

So those "experts" who were predicting Ruble falling to 1000 against $ within a month were day dreaming?

And now some of them are saying that Russia will collapse in about 6 months. Should I take them serious? :what:

So those "experts" who were predicting Ruble falling to 1000 against $ within a month were day dreaming?

And now some of them are saying that Russia will collapse in about 6 months. Should I take them serious? :what:
Certainly up to you. :)

Certainly up to you. :)

@jhungary was writing very long dissertations about how Russian economy would collapse within few months.

And there was this another dude who was saying that it is costing $20 billion a day for Russia and essentially endorsing the above mentioned narrative.

I am really confused. Am I in some parallel world right now where Russians are not slowing down and Ruble is actually gaining?
:unsure:

PS: Some really good signs that talks scheduled for tomorrow will make some good progress to end the war. Lets hope for the best!

BTW, some "experts" here were predicting Ruble will trade like 1000 against $1 in a month or so.

Has it reached there yet?

What is today's course?

Today course is 0. Ruble cant be traded anywhere. Its only paper left.

Ask yourself why whealthy russians run away from russia now in the hundredthousands. That tells you tze value of ruble.

The Russian economy is far more resilient than expected. The plan to destroy the rouble has failed. Wait till the payments for gas are in roubles. The price of the rouble will be even higher.

Germany and entire G7 already said they wont pay in ruble.

Today course is 0. Ruble cant be traded anywhere. Its only paper left.

Ask yourself why whealthy russians run away from russia now in the hundredthousands. That tells you tze value of ruble.

Yes but IF I were to buy Ruble or any commodities which are traded in Ruble, then I would need it. Just like Germany might soon need it. In that case should we expect to get 1200 Rubles for a EURO?

I guess not.

@jhungary was writing very long dissertations about how Russian economy would collapse within few months.

And there was this another dude who was saying that it is costing $20 billion a day for Russia and essentially endorsing the above mentioned narrative.

I am really confused. Am I in some parallel world right now where Russians are not slowing down and Ruble is actually gaining?
:unsure:

PS: Some really good signs that talks scheduled for tomorrow will make some good progress to end the war. Lets hope for the best!

Talks will change nothing. It was already made clear sanctions will remain on Russia as long Putin stays in charge. Papers signed by him are worthless anyways. You can expect complete ssnctions on russia for at least a decade

Reactions: mmr
This is from 2018. Did you read what I wrote ?

How do you Justify staining all Ukrainians , when right wing parties only got 2% of the votes in the last elections ?

Le pen national front in France , got a lot more votes than that. Should Russia invade France now as well ?

~
He can't justify it. The good news for you Israelis is that while he is against Ukraine, he supports you Israelis having a country and de-nazifying Palestine, because as we all know 0.000001% of Palestinians were nazis and the Palestinian grand mufti of Jerusalem was very friendly with hitler.

Why is this happening?
That’s not market price. Putin keeps rubles artificial high. That is very costly because he has to sell central bank gold reserves, In the international markets Russia most valuable companies Gazprom, Sberbank, etc are just penny or worthless in London, Russia government bonds are 30 cent per dollar.
That’s worse than Sri Lanka bonds. That tells you something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom