What's new

Russia to develop a new, fifth-generation strategic bomber.

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Russia Confirms G5 Bomber Plans

159370798.jpg
Tu-160 Blackjack strategic bomber

Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev on Saturday reiterated plans to develop a new, fifth-generation strategic bomber.

“Alongside a fifth-generation fighter there are also plans to develop an advanced long-range aviation complex. I am talking about a new strategic bomber,” he said.

Maintenance and modernization of the existing strategic bombers is not enough, he added.
His remarks come days after a senior cabinet member questioned the need for a new bomber.

Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin suggested on Monday that with the current and future air and missile defense systems in place, strategic bombers were no longer relevant and could no longer be relied on to deliver strikes on enemy territory.

Russia announced plans in 2009 to develop a new strategic bomber featuring stealth technology by 2025. The new bomber is expected to replace the Tu-95MC Bear and Tu-160 Blackjack strategic bombers, and Tu-22M3 Backfire long-range bombers currently in service with Russia’s strategic aviation.

Russia Confirms G5 Bomber Plans | Defense | RIA Novosti

A fifth generation strategic stealth bomber is the need of the hour... I'm in blind support of such a lethal machine.

But 2025, I'd become a grandpa by that time!!

Do it soon Russia.Maybe we could go in for a JV?

I think they will go for UCAVs.
They are going for UCAV's but as is with all othr countries, it is for a short range tactical role.............none of them are powerful enough to act as a strategic bomber............

BTW We should definitely do a JV with Russia on this.............even if the only contribution is $$$, it will be a great learning experience

They are going for UCAV's but as is with all othr countries, it is for a short range tactical role.............none of them are powerful enough to act as a strategic bomber............

BTW We should definitely do a JV with Russia on this.............even if the only contribution is $$$, it will be a great learning experience

Just like the BrahMos experience in which India got FREE technology from Russia ?

Just like the BrahMos experience in which India got FREE technology from Russia ?
Who gets free technology from whom everyone knows.....India and Russia developed Bhrahmos in 50:50 partnership just like you built JF-17 in "50:50" partnership with China....if you know what i mean....:smokin:

Who gets free technology from whom everyone knows.....India and Russia developed Bhrahmos in 50:50 partnership just like you built JF-17 in "50:50" partnership with China....if you know what i mean....:smokin:

Russia and India 50:50 ??? LOL

It is more like Russia (technology) and India (Money).

Can't just stop spewing rubbish, can you.......:disagree:
The only thing Russia provided was the base design for the Brahmos, that is P-800 Oniks...........The rest of the work, including ramjet development,Design adjustments, avionics integration, development of block I, II and III land and air versions was all done by India........
That is why India is the primary user and has the majority share in BrahMos co.........

The only thing Russia provided was the base design for the Brahmos, that is P-800 Oniks...........The rest of the work, including ramjet development,Design adjustments, avionics integration, development of block I, II and III land and air versions was all done by India........
That is why India is the primary user and has the majority share in BrahMos co.........
Leave it dude...it might lead to infraction....he always do that...posting off topic...

^^^Whatever. So be it if it makes you feel better !

Back
Top Bottom