What's new

Russia says it Su-27 jets twice scrambled to intercept U.S. bombers over Baltic Sea

u.s f22 and f35 as well b2 bombers can fly over russia undetected then why they send b52 to russia

I do not even a hold the honorary title of Colonel

No, but had the Indians not dropped anything there would have been no response from the PAF. The Indians might not have even acknowledged the violation

I was referring to your Title here not in real world.
That's more the reasons to shot them down so they cannot lie. Nonetheless, the were and they able to fire their weapons. In my opinion they should have been shot down. Everyone has its own opinion.

We should have inquest why they were allowed to do, and why no action is taken to shot them down. I think what I am asking is realistic and should be done.

my information about the matter is no more than yours so I will have to make an assumption and build an opinion on that.
we were Unable to stop them. simple. they were never in shooting range by the time our jets reacted they had made their way back home. they chose the correct aircrafts to make a fast dash home for that precise reason

like I said earlier whether or not they were able to hit something or not and whether it was dumping of their payload or pre-planned targeting of mountaintops is debatable.

indulging further on this is only food for discussion of would have could have should have .. the CAPS were elsewhere not close in proximity of Muzafarrabad etc. had they been here then there would have been a bigger airwar or Indians would have returned and waited for another time.

OR they would have tried another place where the PAF jets were over Muzaffarabad instead of say Bahawalpur and Lahore.
increase the defence budget address the economy, fix the power shortage and bring political stability and we should be able to prevent any such violations in future.

my information about the matter is no more than yours so I will have to make an assumption and build an opinion on that.
we were Unable to stop them. simple. they were never in shooting range by the time our jets reacted they had made their way back home. they chose the correct aircrafts to make a fast dash home for that precise reason

like I said earlier whether or not they were able to hit something or not and whether it was dumping of their payload or pre-planned targeting of mountaintops is debatable.

indulging further on this is only food for discussion of would have could have should have .. the CAPS were elsewhere not close in proximity of Muzafarrabad etc. had they been here then there would have been a bigger airwar or Indians would have returned and waited for another time.

OR they would have tried another place where the PAF jets were over Muzaffarabad instead of say Bahawalpur and Lahore.
increase the defence budget address the economy, fix the power shortage and bring political stability and we should be able to prevent any such violations in future.

@Irfan Baloch all that you have mentioned is going to take a long time. None of it would be fixed in a jiffy. Considering IK has chosen Asad Umer to fix the economy, it would would probably never happened. That man is an MBA for heaven sake. He doesn't have a clue how to tackle deep rooted problems with the Economy. He is acting like a punch drunk or a blind, choose what analogy you want. The prices are going up, rupees is going down. Unemployment is rising, there is a thaw in progress, economic activities are slowing down. But he is not taking any swift measures.
There is no power shortages, Pakistan has enough capacity to generate the power it needs. The problems are the contracts signed by the thieves in the past. They awarded lucrative contracts to their cronies on very unfavorable conditions for Pakistan. Unless Pakistan find a way to ditch these contracts, there is no way out of it.
They are increasing the circular debt, making the electricity more expensive. They also diver the finance which could be used to install new generation plants.
My friend you think India is going to wait that long, it would allow Pakistan to prosper!! More than India, Israel, it is in a hurry. They Jews want their "Messiah" to arrive, for that they have to build the second temple. To facilitate them Trump declared Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
No my friend, India may attack before the elections, but if not, definitely after the elections, which in my opinion Modi will win easily.

I am fine with 10 km a joke. We have to analyse what went wrong with our own defenses if Indians are happy with intrusion of our PAF that's fine for them.
The point I am making is simple, they did fire their weapons while in Pakistani airspace. I am finding it hard to believe that they dumped their load.
a- PAF/PA official line intrusion was only 2/4 km of Pakistani airspace.
b- It means that IAF jets, took aim and fire their weapons at their targets which was over 60/70 km away. The story of the dump doesn't hold water.

We were just lucky that they didn't aim properly. I agree with the assessment that it may be because they were under pressure from our interceptors. Thank God loss of life is avoided on Pakistani side. But the fact remain, Indians successfully intruded and fired on their targets. We should have inquest why they were allowed to do, and why no action is taken to shot them down. I think what I am asking is realistic and should be done.

You are "major General" aren't you!!
That doesn't absolve PAF from their responsibilities and duties to protect Pakistan.

Remember we didn't allow them to enter from Bhawalpur and Muridkay etc.

You have a valid point, but I just want to state, imagine if they had hit and killed innocent people like they do across LOC all the time. We would have shot their military sites and caused loss of life. This would have turned into a full blown conflict.

I seriously think IAF wanted to hit mountains and build a narrative at home instead of causing damage.

If 300 people are killed, opinion would have turned against them because just like right now, International media would have investigated and shared the sad stories of kids dying etc, like APS. They never wanted that. It was all for public consumption.

At this point, even writing this, I can't believe how stupid the Indian government is to put millions of life in danger for a PR stunt!

Remember we didn't allow them to enter from Bhawalpur and Muridkay etc.

You have a valid point, but I just want to state, imagine if they had hit and killed innocent people like they do across LOC all the time. We would have shot their military sites and caused loss of life. This would have turned into a full blown conflict.

I seriously think IAF wanted to hit mountains and build a narrative at home instead of causing damage.

If 300 people are killed, opinion would have turned against them because just like right now, International media would have investigated and shared the sad stories of kids dying etc, like APS. They never wanted that. It was all for public consumption.

At this point, even writing this, I can't believe how stupid the Indian government is to put millions of life in danger for a PR stunt!

Indians did whatever they felt necessary for their domestic consumption. That's not what I am bothered about.
Neither I am bothered about our response on 27th Feb. We should have hit them harder if you ask me. Surely should have taken out their chief.
My problem is with potential risks at Pakistani side. We should be more vigilant and should not hesitate to shoot down enemy's jets, that's all. This is self defense and acceptable and legal practice all around the world.

Indians did whatever they felt necessary for their domestic consumption. That's not what I am bothered about.
Neither I am bothered about our response on 27th Feb. We should have hit them harder if you ask me. Surely should have taken out their chief.
My problem is with potential risks at Pakistani side. We should be more vigilant and should not hesitate to shoot down enemy's jets, that's all. This is self defense and acceptable and legal practice all around the world.

You are correct. We never had the kinda macho bravado Putin and the lot portray to avoid the enemy to even think about intruding.

Think about it, their air force was in much better shape compare to us in 2000s and they never dared because of Musharaf, who they viewed as someone in love with adventures (Kargil).

2008, however, I remember Zardari openly stating that Indian jets crossed LOC by mistake from two areas!

Subsequently, Nawaz and his soft image made us look like sheep.

Now, the bravado is back. Now if another Pulwama happen and they threat us and we respond and warn them that we will retaliate, our enemy will hold his breath.

So now we can shoot down 12 jets if they ever intrude. I agree with you we should have done it on the night of the 26th but it's never too late to correct your mistakes and we can learn from this and improve our air defence as well as I am sure you have seen the news we are installing new air defence systems across LOC.

You are correct. We never had the kinda macho bravado Putin and the lot portray to avoid the enemy to even think about intruding.

Think about it, their air force was in much better shape compare to us in 2000s and they never dared because of Musharaf, who they viewed as someone in love with adventures (Kargil).

2008, however, I remember Zardari openly stating that Indian jets crossed LOC by mistake from two areas!

Subsequently, Nawaz and his soft image made us look like sheep.

Now, the bravado is back. Now if another Pulwama happen and they threat us and we respond and warn them that we will retaliate, our enemy will hold his breath.

So now we can shoot down 12 jets if they ever intrude. I agree with you we should have done it on the night of the 26th but it's never too late to correct your mistakes and we can learn from this and improve our air defence as well as I am sure you have seen the news we are installing new air defence systems across LOC.

Thank you mate. I was trying to convey a very simple message, that if someone intrude your airspace with hostile intentions, it is already declaration of war. You don't wait for them to do it again, you take swift and immediate action. But people here cannot understand simple logic.

Russian jets are junks infront of U.S.A and Western countries. One of the reason India is losing interest on SU30MKI and preferring Rafale .
Russia can only scramble jets but they have not ability to shot down uncle SAM jets while U.S.A violates international waters law day & night without fear.

Thank you mate. I was trying to convey a very simple message, that if someone intrude your airspace with hostile intentions, it is already declaration of war. You don't wait for them to do it again, you take swift and immediate action. But people here cannot understand simple logic.
Regarding the highlighted -- be careful.

For starter...Territorial airspace violations happens on regular basis, often unintentional due to variety of reasons from pilot errors to navigation errors to even weather that caused an aircraft to deviate from planned course.

Now...Regarding 'hostile intentions', how are you going to determine that? If there is an actual shooting war between two countries, then you can have that assumption, but in peace time, just because two countries are not friendly to each other, that does not automatically make an airspace violation 'hostile'.

For starter...Territorial airspace violations happens on regular basis, often unintentional due to variety of reasons from pilot errors to navigation errors to even weather that caused an aircraft to deviate from planned course.

Now...Regarding 'hostile intentions', how are you going to determine that? If there is an actual shooting war between two countries, then you can have that assumption, but in peace time, just because two countries are not friendly to each other, that does not automatically make an airspace violation 'hostile'.

I think their intentions were pretty clear. The world knew about it. Also, did all 12 jets breach our airspace? if yes than it is pretty clear their intentions were hostile.

Also, we had clearly said if you so something, THAN we will retaliate. Our message was, we won't do anything when you attack us. If our message was like Musharraf which was don't even think about it as it will cause war then and there, they might have not attempted an airspace breach and subsequently bomb our territory.

Anyway, it is clear now, next time, we won't think but shoot them down until we are back in peace time, than everything you have mentioned makes sense and should imply.

What a shame, you highlighted the part you wanted but missed the earlier words "hostile intentions".
Thank you.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom