What's new

Russia refused to toe China line on Doklam

Majet Raha

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Russia took a neutral view of the Doklam issue and refused to be persuaded by Beijing's efforts to malign India. Moscow's attitude to the issue would have an influence on India-Russia relations, and on Prime Minister Narendra Modi's role at the BRICS summit+ , which will be attended by leaders of five countries -Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa--in the coastal Chinese city of Xiamen on Sunday.

Russia's neutrality was evident in comments made by the Russian ambassador in Beijing, Andrey Denisov, hours before India and China entered into an agreement topull out troops and defuse the Doklam crisis+ on August 28.

"The situation in the India-China border is something that we all regret," Denisov told Russian journalists at a briefing in Beijing. "We think our Chinese and Indian friends can resolve the problem by themselves. We don't think they need any mediators who can influence their respective positions on the issue," the ambassador was quoted by the Russian media as saying.

"We can say that Russia is using its goodwill to both of these countries," he said signaling total neutrality.
Denisov's statement shows that two weeks of efforts by Chinese envoys to build a diplomatic front against India on the border issue was not having an impact even on Russia which is regarded to be closer to China compared to several western nations. The ambassador also indicated that Russia has played a role in world affairs whenever it could do so.

"The history of 20th century shows that every time our country had an opportunity to play a positive role (in settling international disputes, we did it," Denisov said, according to a translation of his comments available to TNN.
The Prime Minister is expected to meet both Chinese president Xi Jinping and Russian President Vladimir Putin besides leaders from Brazil and South Africa during the meeting.

Usual from RUSSIA, they have always stood by INDIA.

Russia will not jeopardise it's realation with India or even China for a dispute like these. Both are good market for it.

Go ahead and ask Russia to change the title :enjoy::enjoy: And tell them that pakistan wants to change it
Doklam and Doklam plateau are two different things, China wanted to own Doklam not just the plateau, the road till Doka La essentially already covers the whole Doklam plateau. When we station troops there, we have de-facto control of Doklam plateau. Strategically, it was the plateau that mattered, the last big piece of flat land there facing Siliguri. Use google 3D, the plateau area is only at the top left quarter of Doklam, the rest are essentially river valleys with no strategic use.

So when Indians entered the Doklam plateau area, their main aim was not road obstruction, it was road destruction of the completed roads in Doklam Plateau. Why else do you need to bring in 2 excavsatros, you could have used only kumbaya troops instead.

Map from Indian analyst. Doklam plateau is from Batang La, Merug La, Senche La to Doka La, looks like a diamond, essentially the whitish area crisscrossed by the roads there. We completed roads from Merug La/Senche La to Doka La, essentially grade 40 roads, then interference from Doka La happened when we tried to extend to Gyomochen. Gyomochen is not a plateau but it was the original trijunction as per 1890 agreement.
Doklam%2BPlateau-3.jpg

Map from Chinese MOFA
china-sikkim-border-1.jpg

Oops.. what will happen to NWO now?:undecided:
You will see militarization of Doklam plateau (not Doklam), China will still continue the construction of roads to Gyomochi, most likely later on. That flat piece of plateau from Doka la to Batang La is perfect for radar base, missiles, etc.

You will see militarization of Doklam plateau (not Doklam), China will still continue the construction of roads to Gyomochi, most likely later on. That flat piece of plateau from Doka la to Batang La is perfect for radar base, missiles, etc.

whether you tell us or not, we will be coming to help Bhutan again as soon as you try to change the status quo unilaterally

whether you tell us or not, we will be coming to help Bhutan again as soon as you try to change the status quo unilaterally
Bro, come? You ran. Doklam plateau already has a complete grade 40 road, how many freaking times do I need to repeat this. Doklam and Doklam plateau are two different things.

Bro, come? You ran. Doklam plateau already has a complete grade 40 road, how many freaking times do I need to repeat this. Doklam and Doklam plateau are two different things.

your ctrl C + ctrl V is not working. Im not bro to my enemy. Im just another Indian to you.

and dont tell me, why wasting energy, go and sleep now. its past midnight for you in beijing.

your ctrl C + ctrl V is not working. Im not bro to my enemy. Im just another Indian to you.

and dont tell me, why wasting energy, go and sleep now. its past midnight for you in beijing.
i have been trying hard to explain your strategic lost, but you are just to thick to get it, at least try to refute or debate intelligently. Indian or no Indian, the resolution was good, media victory for India, strategic victory for China. Best of all, trade is still on and the surplus is still rolling. :rofl:

i have been trying hard to explain your strategic lost, but you are just to thick to get it, at least try to refute or debate intelligently. Indian or no Indian, the resolution was good, media victory for India, strategic victory for China. Best of all, trade is still on and the surplus is still rolling. :rofl:

why even media victory for India, say we lost totally we dont care what chini says anymore. we are bored with your global times sending farts daily.

and dont explain me, why are you wasting your energy? wait is Yu is your name? i mean classic rush hour scene man

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom