What's new

Russia has signed with Iraq a contract for the delivery of KA-52 helicopter

Doritos11

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
Russia’s Rosoboronexport Company has concluded its first contract to supply Iraq with the Ka-52 helicopters, RIA Novosti reported from the Le Bourget aerospace show that was opened on Monday citing a source in the Russian delegation.
Speaking at a news conference, head of the delegation Alexander Mikheev said that the first contract to supply the K-52 helicopters was signed but did not mention the contract value and the country.
The contract was signed with Iraq in the framework of the 2012 agreement, the source said.
In 2012, Russia and Iraq concluded a contract to supply weapons and military equipment to a sum of $4.3 billion.

Russia to supply Ka-52 helicopters to Iraq | Vestnik Kavkaza
Russia has signed with Iraq a contract for the delivery of KA-52 helicopters - source : The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video

The alligator is more like a recon heli with a few missiles and a nice turret. It is slower, less armed, less armored and more expensive because of the new electronic gear that the mi28. They need the "Bear in the Air" a simple weapons platform which can handle today's terror needs rather than stuff you need against professional armies.

The alligator is more like a recon heli with a few missiles and a nice turret. It is slower, less armed, less armored and more expensive because of the new electronic gear that the mi28. They need the "Bear in the Air" a simple weapons platform which can handle today's terror needs rather than stuff you need against professional armies.

Slower= NO, its the same only 3 m/hour difference.

Less armed= Dead Wrong, the latest production Ka-52 has three pylons on it wings, while Mi-28 only has two and it has 460 rounds of ammo for its 30 mm gun, Mi-28 only 250:)

Less armored= True

and according to the Russian army Ka-52 has more advanced avionics than Mi-28.

Slower= NO, its the same only 3 m/hour difference.

Less armed= Dead Wrong, the latest production Ka-52 has three pylons on it wings, while Mi-28 only has two and it has 460 rounds of ammo for its 30 mm gun, Mi-28 only 250:)

Less armored= True

and according to the Russian army Ka-52 has more advanced avionics than Mi-28.

I guess I was comparing it with the KA-50, you are correct about the 3 pylons. If you have the price difference between the two and your opinion on which would be a better fit for the Iraqi army considering their conflicts. Even if they go for the mi24 which has the weapons platform as well as troop transport compared to the 52. Pricing each of them would make more sense.

I guess I was comparing it with the KA-50, you are correct about the 3 pylons. If you have the price difference between the two and your opinion on which would be a better fit for the Iraqi army considering their conflicts. Even if they go for the mi24 which has the weapons platform as well as troop transport compared to the 52. Pricing each of them would make more sense.

Currently there already is an order for

40 - MI 28
6 - MI 35

That already is supposed to be enough attack helicopters, not sure why the KA 52 is needed aswell.

If we notice since last few years, transport helo and attack helo demand is very much increased .....plus drones too..

that is a good buy and it is really a alligator :)

How is it a good buy? The KA 52 is not even in production. The KA-50 is the one that is being produced and used by the Russian army. Noone has given the price of the KA-50, Mi-28 or the Mi-35 let alone the KA-52.

How is it a good buy? The KA 52 is not even in production. The KA-50 is the one that is being produced and used by the Russian army. Noone has given the price of the KA-50, Mi-28 or the Mi-35 let alone the KA-52.

Ka-52 is in serial production since January 2011 , Russian AF currently has between 30-50 pieces. Ka-50 is no longer in use and was produced in limited number.

Best regards from Croatia

Currently there already is an order for

40 - MI 28
6 - MI 35

That already is supposed to be enough attack helicopters, not sure why the KA 52 is needed aswell.

Mi-28 concept is cross between gunship like Mi-24 and dedicated attack platform like AH-64 , my guess is U.S. doesn`t want to sell to Iraq AH-64 and later decided to purchase best dedicated attack helicopter on the market besides AH-64. And that is Kamov Ka-52.

Mi-28 concept is cross between gunship like Mi-24 and dedicated attack platform like AH-64 , my guess is U.S. doesn`t want to sell to Iraq AH-64 and later decided to purchase best dedicated attack helicopter on the market besides AH-64. And that is Kamov Ka-52.

US approved the sale of Apaches to Iraq after the seen Iraq go to Russia, only Iraqi officials from the minister of defence have explained on a video that I saw last year, they offered the Apache for the price of 3 MI 28.

So they decided to go with the Russian helis.

US approved the sale of Apaches to Iraq after the seen Iraq go to Russia, only Iraqi officials from the minister of defence have explained on a video that I saw last year, they offered the Apache for the price of 3 MI 28.

So they decided to go with the Russian helis.

I see , Mi-28 on the side but Ka-52 is not cheap , not much cheaper than AH-64. So it`s politics after all , usually big weapons contracts include something to sweet in the deal.

If that is the case Iraq got good contract.

Ka-52 is in serial production since January 2011 , Russian AF currently has between 30-50 pieces. Ka-50 is no longer in use and was produced in limited number.

Best regards from Croatia

Thanks for the correction, seems that you are right about Russia operating close to 60 of the KA-52's.

Turns out KA 52 news might be mistaken to be for Azerbijan, unclear though.

I think we need AH 1Z combined with MI 28 instead of KA 52.

Back
Top Bottom