What's new

Russia develops new long-range missile - Practically global range

Sugarcane

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
RUSSIA is developing a new intercontinental ballistic missile, the military has announced, in an apparent attempt to remind the United States of Moscow's rocket capacities.

Revealing the existence of the project for the first time, rocket forces commander General Sergei Karakayev said that several test launches of prototypes had already taken place and the work was on the "right path", Russian state media said on Friday.

Karakayev said the latest test was on October 24 at the Kapustin Yar firing range in the Astrakhan region of southern Russia.

He appeared to link the solid-fuel missile's development to controversial US plans to install missile defence systems in central Europe which have long angered Moscow.

"The solid fuel missile will allow us to realise possibilities like the creation of a high-precision strategic missile with a non-nuclear warhead with practically global range," Karakayev was quoted as saying by the state RIA Novosti news agency.

He said that the new 100-tonne missile would be able to overcome any existing missile defence system.

Karakayev added the missile would also be effective in combating any future missile defence system that the United States could install in space.

He said that the missile would ultimately replace Russia's new generation of intercontinental missiles the Yars and Topol-M.

Read more: Russia develops new long-range missile | News.com.au

It would be interesting to see whether it has Parallel warheads

In that case it will not be able to carry more than 6 warheads(my guess as Parallel warheads are much heavy than Normal ones)

It's weight, 100 tons , is hint that this ICBM actually has Parallel warheads

RUSSIA is developing a new intercontinental ballistic missile, the military has announced, in an apparent attempt to remind the United States of Moscow's rocket capacities.

Revealing the existence of the project for the first time, rocket forces commander General Sergei Karakayev said that several test launches of prototypes had already taken place and the work was on the "right path", Russian state media said on Friday.

Karakayev said the latest test was on October 24 at the Kapustin Yar firing range in the Astrakhan region of southern Russia.

He appeared to link the solid-fuel missile's development to controversial US plans to install missile defence systems in central Europe which have long angered Moscow.

"The solid fuel missile will allow us to realise possibilities like the creation of a high-precision strategic missile with a non-nuclear warhead with practically global range," Karakayev was quoted as saying by the state RIA Novosti news agency.

He said that the new 100-tonne missile would be able to overcome any existing missile defence system.

Karakayev added the missile would also be effective in combating any future missile defence system that the United States could install in space.

He said that the missile would ultimately replace Russia's new generation of intercontinental missiles the Yars and Topol-M.

Read more: Russia develops new long-range missile | News.com.au

100 ton.... is it an aircraft or a missile??

Russia is obsessed with USA's anti ballistic missile sheild,and USA is intimidating russia with expanding their shield...

Begun has the cold war...

I think new, next generation Road Mobile Canistered ICBM based on RS 24 is already under development

The concerned ICBM can be fired only from Silo and Russian Doctrine has been deploying mix of Road Mobile TEL launched ICBMs and Heavy Silo Based ICBMs

100 ton.... is it an aircraft or a missile??

see post no. 2

Most Important Part of OP

The solid fuel missile will allow us to realise possibilities like the creation of a high-precision strategic missile with a non-nuclear warhead with practically global range," Karakayev was quoted as saying by the state RIA Novosti news agency.

Karakayev added the missile would also be effective in combating any future missile defense system that the United States could install in space.

It would be interesting to see whether it has Parallel warheads

In that case it will not be able to carry more than 6 warheads(my guess as Parallel warheads are much heavy than Normal ones)

It's weight, 100 tons , is hint that this ICBM actually has Parallel warheads

hello,
whats parallel warheads?

i think he means mirvs

No I didnt

I have read somewhere that why in future Russian needs liquid propelled Heavy ICBMs.

The reason given was Parallel warheads as Parallel warheads will be much heavy than normal ones

I don't remember source

i think he means mirvs

No I didnt

I have read somewhere that why in future Russian needs liquid propelled Heavy ICBMs.

The reason given was Parallel warheads as Parallel warheads will be much heavy than normal ones

I don't remember source

No I didnt

I don't remember source

You still didnt explain what you mean with parallel warhead. Wondering myself actually, Google search yields nothing.

Also you say liquid fuel missiles for this are needed while the article says solid fuel.

Russia is obsessed with USA's anti ballistic missile sheild,and USA is intimidating russia with expanding their shield...

Begun has the cold war...

This is probably a Russian way of stating to the Americans/NATO that they would be a worthy partner in missile defense shield (they want to be-they actually proposed some solutions that would include their existing radars in west and central Russia and incorporate them into the shield-which NATO rejected), and that we should not discard them as redundant.

Russia Offers Pyramid Radar for Missile Defense

100-ton-Missile-and-other-Missile-made.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No I didnt

I don't remember source

you didnt tell what are parallel warheads
it dont make any sense

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom