What's new

Romania likely to get its first Muslim and female prime minister

LOL, you don't know "what kind of Muslim" am I!

Secondly, Romania is religious? Lols, okayyy..practice and views of romanians don't show that. Anyways, Romania is too small and irrelevant to be even discussed. What I said about christianity is true though.

Lastly, wearing Hijab or not wearing it ins't the only sign of one's "Muslimness"...Anyways, lets move on.

Sorry, you barged in to a topic about Romania, so my guess is that you wanted it discussed?
Secondly I think I can gauge your views from the way you write.

And yes, Romania is very religious.

Romania is one of the most religious nations in the EU, with the Orthodox Church enjoying a lot of support and trust.

As to the new prime minister: she's from Turkish (or Tartar?) descent, from Doborgea. This particular minority is fully integrated for over a century, hence nobody really cares what religion she is.
She was a minister before and nobody cared.

For example, there is a bigger chance for you to sprout wings and fly around the USA then for the new prime minister to appear in hijab or for her to push any political Islam.
In short, she's Muslim, but not your kind of Muslim.

There's some issues, but they are political.

47371530.cached.jpg

i thought romanian christians kept hijab so why discriminate with other religion wearing it ?

This will ruffle the feathers of some sadists here :lol:

WHY? She does not insist wearing a Hijab / Burkha and a very forward looking Lady and the only person who will be bothered are the hardline muslim bigots in here and most of the Islamic countries.

The fuq? Is this for real?

I thought Europeans here were thinking of Kicking out Muslims from Europe?
@Markus come here, baby. I wanna learn your thoughts.

WHY? She does not insist wearing a Hijab / Burkha and a very forward looking Lady and the only person who will be bothered are the hardline muslim bigots in here and most of the Islamic countries.

She is getting to this position becasue she is qualified not because she is Muslim

Modern Christianity isn't god's religion. It's worship of pagan belief trinity and has nothing to do with Isa ibn-e-Maryam (AS).
It's always My religion is the real religion. In reality you have no way to know which religion is the true religion. Probably none of them is true.

This farce is similar to the "first muslim mayor" of London.

https://defence.pk/threads/tolerance-and-the-first-muslim-mayor-in-europe.431167/

Given the socio-political dynamics a muslim simply can not be in such high level position in any liberal western country. Only people who hardly believe in islam and just maintain a cultural "muslim" identity for name sake and symbolism can become PM of romania or mayor of london. Apart from skin color or the first part of their name, they are not much different from the majority Liberals and cultural christians of the west in terms of beliefs, values and outlook to life.

But that's OK , its natural. I don't expect nor want a "muslim" to be president of USA who will invade muslim lands to promote secularism and liberalism. Problem starts when this kind of news is used to project a tolerant image of the west which westerners and islamophobes then use to lecture muslims and muslim countries.

At least muslims should become intellectually more astute and not add the prefix muslim to this kind of news. Why even bother about the supposed religion of the leader of an secular liberal western nation. By cultural convention, the religion of political elites of the western world is liberal secularism.

Modern Christianity isn't god's religion. It's worship of pagan belief trinity and has nothing to do with Isa ibn-e-Maryam (AS).

Please educate yourself.

In terms of faith, traditional Judaism is most closest to Islam in belief and practice.
Theological yes, however you will find those who are closet and love and affection for Muslims from amongst the People of the Book....are not the Children of Israel.

@Mugwop

Not getting much action b*tch? You wont get any from me, go fck yourself. :lol:

I am bigger than your abbu son.

Now go report this one as well.
indian keyboard warriors talking about action :lol:

Looks like you are bothered and not them:azn:

Romania likely to get its first Muslim and female prime minister
By Reuters
Published: December 22, 2016
5SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1271581-musl-1482385145-674-640x480.jpg

Sevil Shhaideh is sworn in for the position of minister for regional administration and public administration, in Bucharest, Romania. PHOTO: REUTERS

Romania’s Social Democrat Party (PSD) proposed a leftist woman from the country’s tiny Muslim minority as prime minister on Wednesday, a close associate of PSD power broker Liviu Dragnea who was ruled out of the job after being convicted in a 2012 referendum rigging case.

Sevil Shhaideh, 52 who must be approved by President Klaus Iohannis and then get a parliamentary vote of confidence, has served under a previous leftist-led government as regional development minister.

The first American Olympian to compete in a hijab wins a bronze medal

The PSD won the December 11 general election and, with its junior coalition partner and long-time ally ALDE, has an outright majority in parliament of 250 MPs in the 465-seat, two-house assembly.

“I have come up with a solution that I hope will be accepted so that a government is in place quickly to ensure we have a budget plan approved by Jan. 15,” Dragnea told reporters.

Dragnea made clear he intended to be the power behind the new government.

“If appointed, she would be prime minister, but the political responsibility stays with me first of all, Dragnea said. She has work capacity, knowledge of public administration and EU fund absorption and of all ministries’ operations.”

Dragnea and Shhaideh, who comes from Romania’s tiny Muslim community, are close. He was a witness at her 2011 wedding to a Syrian-born former agriculture ministry consultant.

Playboy features first Muslim woman in hijab

“Dragnea has nominated a loyal person, whose … flaws stem from a lack of notoriety and authority within the PSD, but that hasn’t got anything to do with anything. It will be a government controlled by Dragnea,” Sergiu Miscoiu, political science professor at Babes-Bolyai University in Cluj said.

Iohannis, the president, started two-day consultations on forming a new government with parties present in the new parliament formed after the election. He is expected to announce a prime minister designate by Friday.

In a first, hijab designer stuns New York Fashion Week

The PSD, which promised higher wages and pensions during the election campaign, had hoped Dragnea, who keeps tight control of his party, would stand for prime minister but Iohannis made clear he would refuse any candidate with a criminal record.

Dragnea has kept his post as party chief despite being convicted earlier this year for abusing his influence in a referendum to impeach the country’s former president Traian Basescu, for which he received a suspended two-year jail sentence.

is she Turkish ??

Back
Top Bottom