What's new

Rohingya Ethnic Cleansing - Updates & Discussions

Qamrul Islam
3 hrs · Twitter ·
-pz5JhcNQ9P.png

Retweeted Moe (@moethemyth):

Take back Aung San Suu Kyi's Nobel Peace Prize! - Sign the Petition! https://t.co/ga7ndpMlii via @UKChange

Take back Aung San Suu Kyi's Nobel Peace Prize!
[versi Bahasa Indonesia] “No one told me that I was to be interviewed by a muslim.” This statement was made by Aung San Suu Kyi, after her interview by a BBC Today anchor, Mishal Husain, in 2013. Suu Kyi’s disappointment may be caused…
CHANGE.ORG/P/TAKE-BACK-AU…

I don't understand how are Rohingyas citizens of Bangladesh. They are living in Myanmar (Burma) for hundred of years. They are indigenous to Burma's Arakan.

Hundreds of Rohingya try to escape Myanmar crackdown

• 16 November 2016
  • From the section Asia

_92475173_rohingya.jpg

Image caption Foreign journalists have not been allowed into the area to verify reports
Hundreds of people from the Rohingya minority in Myanmar are trying to escape a military crackdown by crossing the border into Bangladesh.

The people attempting to flee include children.

Witnesses and Bangladeshi officials say that some people trying to flee have been shot and killed.

At least 130 people have died during a military operation in Rakhine state, where many of the minority live, in just over a month.

Activists say hundreds of homes have been burnt to the ground but the government rejects that claim. Foreign reporters have not been allowed into the area.

Rakhine is home to more than a million Rohingya Muslims, who are not recognised as Myanmar citizens.

People in the country tend to consider them illegal immigrants from neighbouring Bangladesh.

The state has seen simmering tension between its Buddhist and Muslim populations following co-ordinated attacks last month that killed nine police officers, which police blamed on the Rohingya.

p14-munroe-rohingya-d-20161016.jpg

Since then, soldiers have closed down parts of Rakhine state and stopped aid workers and independent observers from entering.

The government says "violent attackers" and some members of the security forces have been killed.

Around 100,000 Rohingya people still live in camps after violence that flared up in 2012 forcing them to leave their homes.

Last year, images of hundreds of Rohingya people floating in fishing boats shocked the world. They were trying to escape by sea to Malaysia. Asian countries agreed to work together to try to stem the crisis.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38008151

https://www.quora.com/Why-cant-Burm...ims-as-its-citizens-and-stop-persecuting-them

Pyie Sone
, A Burmese
Written 14 Jun

“As a Burmese, I do not accept them as our race nor citizen.”

Bluntly put,it’s Bangladesh’s problem not ours. Bangladesh is suffering from the tremendous side effects of over-population and climate changes. We can only accept them for temporary simply because Myanmar is a third world country. We are poor.

Some other FACTS for not accepting them as our citizens.

1) How can we accept someone who don’t even speak the national language(let alone the national anthem) as our citizen? They speak Bengalis , not even Arakan(the state where most of them are residing in) and yet they demand citizenship.

2) The word “Rohingya” did not exist in Myanmar’s history until the last four years,where the UN and OIC started to chant along with the Bengalis at the same time. What a coincidence.

3) We are persecuting Muslims? Kamein/Kamans are predominantly Muslims and yet,they are officially one of our ethnic tribes. I wonder how come they are able to live in peace until these so called “Rohingya” came along?

(will continue writing this tonight).

Last edited:
I don't think illegal Bangladeshi is a shorthand. it is longer than the word rohingya muslim

Why Bangladesh doesn't accept their own kin back?

They are living in Arakan since British colonial era. There was no Bangladesh back then. These people are responsibility of Myanmar, not Bangladesh.

The Muslims should try not to cause any unrest and live in peace. only then they will be a respected minority

Qamrul Islam
3 hrs · Twitter ·
-pz5JhcNQ9P.png

Retweeted Moe (@moethemyth):

Take back Aung San Suu Kyi's Nobel Peace Prize! - Sign the Petition! https://t.co/ga7ndpMlii via @UKChange

Take back Aung San Suu Kyi's Nobel Peace Prize!
[versi Bahasa Indonesia] “No one told me that I was to be interviewed by a muslim.” This statement was made by Aung San Suu Kyi, after her interview by a BBC Today anchor, Mishal Husain, in 2013. Suu Kyi’s disappointment may be caused…
CHANGE.ORG/P/TAKE-BACK-AU…
Aung san suu kyi is a hypocrite,plain and simple.She could not overcome her ethnic,religious or racial prejudice.Leveling this type of person as a humanitarian is an insult to the real humanitarian of this world.Her noble prize is another wastage like the one given to Barack Obama.

I dont know man, last time I tried to make this thread sticky but faced stiff resistance form @madokafc and @alaungphaya

Aung san suu kyi is a hypocrite,plain and simple.She could not overcome her ethnic,religious or racial prejudice.Leveling this type of person as a humanitarian is an insult to the real humanitarian of this world.Her noble prize is another wastage like the one given to Barack Obama.

I think she is more of a powerless queen bee than hypocrite. Cronies along with military is using her to get out of sanction. She cant even make herself the president, how could she give right to the rohingyas.

I dont know man, last time I tried to make this thread sticky but faced stiff resistance form @madokafc and @alaungphaya

I think she is more of a powerless queen bee than hypocrite. Cronies along with military is using her to get out of sanction. She cant even make herself the president, how could she give right to the rohingyas.
I dont think she has any sympathy towards the plight of rohibgya people.She was exposed nakedy by her interview in Al jazira.Her democratic libertian movement was only for bamar people or the tolerated buddhist minority by the dominant bamar.She has no courage even to speak on behalf of rohingya rights.To become a real humanitarian one have to show courage to speak up against prejudist common majority.If she don,t have none of these quality, why should we respect her?

Rohingya Muslims flee Myanmar crackdown to Bangladesh
Surge of violence underscores lack of oversight of the military by the seven-month-old Aung San Suu Kyi administration.

bedfdbb528414a45b1e08e3dfc4aba28_18.jpg

The UN has labelled the Rohingya as one of the world's most persecuted peoples [Reuters]\\

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/...mar-crackdown-bangladesh-161117062551006.html
Scores of Rohingya Muslims are fleeing to Bangladesh because of a military crackdown in western Myanmar, according to residents and Bangladeshi army officials.

Some of the Rohingya were shot as they tried to cross the Naaf River that separates Myanmar and Bangladesh, while others arriving by boat were pushed away by Bangladeshi border guards, residents quoted by Reuters news agency said on Wednesday.

A total of 130 people have been killed in the latest surge of violence in the country, according to the Myanmar army.

Al Jazeera Exclusive: Myanmar soldiers allegedly killed Rohingya villagers

The bloodshed is the most serious since hundreds were killed in communal clashes in the western Myanmar state of Rakhine in 2012.

It has exposed a lack of oversight of the military by the seven-month-old administration of Nobel Peace Prize winner Aung San Suu Kyi.

Myanmar soldiers have poured into the area along Myanmar's frontier with Bangladesh, responding to coordinated attacks on three border posts on October 9 that killed nine police officers.

They have locked down the district, where the vast majority of residents are Rohingya, shutting out aid workers and independent observers.

The army has intensified its operation in the past seven days and has used helicopters, with dozens of people reported killed.

Aid workers, camp residents and authorities in Bangladesh estimated that at least 500 Rohingya had fled Myanmar since the October attacks.

Rohingya pushed back
Bangladeshi border guards pushed back a large group of Rohingya trying to cross on Tuesday.

"Early Tuesday, 86 Rohingya including 40 women and 25 children were pushed back by the BGB [Border Guard Bangladesh] from the Teknaf border point," said Lieutenant-Colonel Anwarul Azim, commanding officer of the Cox's Bazar sector in eastern Bangladesh.

Reuters sources said that the Rohingya group was unlikely to have gone back to the villages in Myanmar and might be stranded at sea.

READ MORE: Who are Rohingya?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom