What's new

Risque (Risky) business in Karachi

wtf

Reaction score
New York times has an interesting story on the front page today about a couple of Pakistani brothers who make and export sex toys. They make $1 Million a year in profit, but keep the business secret from their mother!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/28/world/asia/28fetish.html?hp

( My attempt is not to criticize the society of South Asia, but to highlight how people find unique, untapped niches to do business in. )

Everyone got eat wtf ! and iam sure they have these kind of business everywhere! lol !

Everyone got eat wtf ! and iam sure they have these kind of business everywhere! lol !

I agree. I wish some Indians could have figured it out too. I don't see what's wrong in making money as long as it is used legally (within whoevers bedroom) .
It was funny that two people managed to find an opportunity, set up a factory and find buyers and make tons of money. These products are almost never sold locally. Talks about entrepreneurial skills of some people in Pakistan - apparently a large percentage of world's soccer balls are made in Pakistan even though Pakistan is not a big soccer player.

It was funny that two people managed to find an opportunity, set up a factory and find buyers and make tons of money. Apparently a large percentage of world's soccer balls are made in Pakistan even though Pakistan is not a big soccer player.

Two Prhases:

1. Supply and Demand
  2. Economies of Scale

Nothing funny about both, both are corenerstones of business (especially international business).

Back
Top Bottom