What's new

Rice, sugar, pulses hit new peak

NiceFarmer

Reaction score
Inflation-Agriculture1.jpg

As wholesale prices of pulses, rice and sugar have touched a new peak, consumers may witness another price-hike if government further increases petroleum prices on March 1.

The prices may get another push, especially of rice, sugar and pulses, as these mainly arrive from Sindh and Punjab after paying heavy transportation charges.

Wholesale price of gram pulse which hit Rs84 per kg on Feb 21, has gone up to Rs90 per kg. Black gram rate surged to Rs75 from Rs65. Moong price now costs Rs130 as compared to Rs120 on Feb 21. Moong was priced at Rs110 per kg 10 days back. Masur is now trading at Rs65 and 75 per kg in wholesale market as compared to Rs55 and 65.

Complete News

It will hit hard the economy and increase the poverty.

pakistan is one of the biggest producers of sugar/rice then why much inflation in it?

Arey bhaiya then why did the Pakistani Government recently allowed exports of these commodities. The lack of availability will only increase prices. Pakistan must put a stop on the exports. Even if stopping the exports will mean that some nice fat landlords will not get profit due to the shortages + also the dearth of exports will lead to further currency weakening but the point is that why should the poor pay for the mismanagement of the economy and the budget deficit and the balance of payments crisis that the goverment + army has created?

Arey bhaiya then why did the Pakistani Government recently allowed exports of these commodities. The lack of availability will only increase prices. Pakistan must put a stop on the exports. Even if stopping the exports will mean that some nice fat landlords will not get profit due to the shortages + also the dearth of exports will lead to further currency weakening but the point is that why should the poor pay for the mismanagement of the economy and the budget deficit and the balance of payments crisis that the goverment + army has created?

Not the army this time around, fruits of democracy only!

Not the army this time around, fruits of democracy only!

Cannot absolve the Army too my friend. In true sense considering the dire state of the economy (to which most are oblivious), the spend increase on the forces can be reduced, the strategy of shielding the goat lovers can be changed, trade can be increased via a change in the foreign policy and the vile objectives, FMF can be restructured voluntarily to chose for the development aid rather than the F solahs etc. If you would look closely, you will find that that the choices (past and present day) of the Pakistani Army are severly intertwined with the development of the Pakistani economy.

Cannot absolve the Army too my friend. In true sense considering the dire state of the economy (to which most are oblivious), the spend increase on the forces can be reduced, the strategy of shielding the goat lovers can be changed, trade can be increased via a change in the foreign policy and the vile objectives, FMF can be restructured voluntarily to chose for the development aid rather than the F solahs etc. If you would look closely, you will find that that the choices (past and present day) of the Pakistani Army are severly intertwined with the development of the Pakistani economy.

I am very well aware of what you have mentioned above. But all of it looks like a peanut when you see the figures of $ 94 billion dollar corruption in past 4 years by Gillani and Co. Pakistan's economy was growing at more then 6.5% as recently as 2006 under a dictator. So why is it that all hell broke loose ever since we got this so-called democracy?

I have provided you figures, do the math.. :)

I am very well aware of what you have mentioned above. But all of it looks like a peanut when you see the figures of $ 94 billion dollar corruption in past 4 years by Gillani and Co. Pakistan's economy was growing at more then 6.5% as recently as 2006 under a dictator. So why is it that all hell broke loose ever since we got this so-called democracy?

I have provided you figures, do the math.. :)

I have read several accounts where economists believe Musharaff inflated the numbers to show such growth. But I am sure you won't believe them.

I have read several accounts where economists believe Musharaff inflated the numbers to show such growth. But I am sure you won't believe them.

The ground reality during the Musharraf tenure spoke for itself. Businesses were making money, economy was flourishing and people had no problems finding jobs. Infrastructure was being laid down and law/order situation was much better than what it is today. Its quite hard to inflate all of this as the ground realities spoke for themselves. Simple facts are that this civilian government that was democratically elected has broken the record of being the most corrupt, incompetent and useless government ever formed in the history of Pakistan. There is no energy, food prices are going up everyday and the economy is in gutters.

@ notorious ---well fed slave versus as hungry free man.....well actually its still a a slave to make it
well fed slave versus starved slave...

Because of PAKISTAN POLICY MAKERS Pakistan today standing at this stage --- BOTH Pakistan Army (1st) and Govt (2nd) is the RESPONSIBLE OF PAKISTAN

The ground reality during the Musharraf tenure spoke for itself. Businesses were making money, economy was flourishing and people had no problems finding jobs. Infrastructure was being laid down and law/order situation was much better than what it is today. Its quite hard to inflate all of this as the ground realities spoke for themselves. Simple facts are that this civilian government that was democratically elected has broken the record of being the most corrupt, incompetent and useless government ever formed in the history of Pakistan. There is no energy, food prices are going up everyday and the economy is in gutters.

Pakistan grew as the world economy did.....

that wasnt the result of the policy entirely...
You cant do the same thing again now in 2013...its not gonna be as easy as change monetary policy and done....will be much more difficult.

it was the result of the worldwide spending spree...

2008, as soon as world economy shows signs of a recession, he steps down. New government comes in, makes it even worse by their huge corruption projects.

Pakistan grew as the world economy did.....

that wasnt the result of the policy entirely...
You cant do the same thing again now in 2013...its not gonna be as easy as change monetary policy and done....will be much more difficult.

it was the result of the worldwide spending spree...

2008, as soon as world economy shows signs of a recession, he steps down. New government comes in, makes it even worse by their huge corruption projects.

Very true assessment. Till 2008 almost all countries grew rapidly because of easy of credit.

Back
Top Bottom