What's new

Resurgent Taliban kidnap and forcibly marry teenage girls as fighters recapture huge areas of Afghanistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, western media at its finest...:dance3:

The Taliban is kidnapping and forcibly marrying young girls and women to its fighters as it recaptures huge areas of Afghanistan, it was claimed last night.

The Taliban is obviously a great feminist and humanist force. This is all for the good of Afghan women.

And I think the article is true even if the DailyMail is more dedicated towards posting rapturous pictures of women who do gymming and have six-pack abs.

In fact, we made schoolboy errors. First, we failed to invite the Taliban to the table. They had requested a seat at the 2001 International Conference on Afghanistan held in Bonn, but Donald Rumsfeld, then US Defence Secretary, said no.

How different Afghanistan might look today if he had said yes, allowing the full range of Afghan voices to come together and build a new nation.

As I have often said the Western governments are no true enemies of the Taliban. The Western governments don't mind at all leaving Afghanistan with the Taliban in government. OTOH if there were to be a progressive Afghan movement claiming to want to govern the country the Western governments will not allow that.

Last edited:
Propa-Ganda...

One such propaganda, too many.

1628416767000.png

How can Talibs marry in the middle of fierce fighting going on...and they are constantly on the move and on a frenzy to capture new areas and fight with ANA and war lords....

British tabloid newspapers are there for the poor uneducated white working class British people. They spew constant garbage without any real evidance.
I remember once these same ugly hateful racist papers claimed British Pakistanis from Bradford were responsible for the Mumbai attacks in 2008.
These same papers made allegations Pakistanis were responsible for bringing the covid virus to the UK while travelling back from Pakistan during the early days of the pandemic, when in reality it was white British people coming back from Spain and Italy.

How can Talibs marry in the middle of fierce fighting going on...and they are constantly on the move and on a frenzy to capture new areas and fight with ANA and war lords....

I suppose it is like many married South Asian men who go work in the Gulf for months or even a few years leaving behind wives in South Asia.

That picture reminds me of a Pakistan member we used to have - @save_ghenda or something like that.

LOL daily mail. Might as well believe CNN.
British tabloid newspapers are there for the poor uneducated white working class British people. They spew constant garbage without any real evidance.
I remember once these same ugly hateful racist papers claimed British Pakistanis from Bradford were responsible for the Mumbai attacks in 2008.
These same papers made allegations Pakistanis were responsible for bringing the covid virus to the UK while travelling back from Pakistan during the early days of the pandemic, when in reality it was white British people coming back from Spain and Italy.

We got these Brits real good in Afghanistan. Makes me feel good.

Looking at all the posts on this thread, it seems like we Pakistanis are becoming unpaid spokesmen of the Taliban. Com'on, you can question a news report, but why do we have blind faith on these unholy warriors? It's in the nature of all the rag-tag armies to commit human right violations. Heck, even professional armies end up doing that in a prolonged conflict. These are still uneducated cavemen who have seen nothing but war and have had the company of men (you get the point) since ages.
2001 the Northern Alliance ( today's ANA) committed gave acts of violance and massacres against captured Taliban fighters. Taliban fighters were locked in metal containers and died of suffocation, thirst. Others were sent to Bagram were they suffered immense torture and sexual abuse, including women.
Fighters were stripped naked and mutilated. November 2001 Taliban had surrendered to Hamid Karzais newly imposed government and agreed they would be allowed safe passage to flee to the south yet Dick Channy, Donald Rumsfield ordered the American airforce to pound Taliban leaders with bombings and targetted assassinations.
Many Taliban fighters, leaders and their family members were murdered.
Today this is an act of revenge by the Taliban.
I don't support them but we have to look back at what attrocities were committed by the Northern Allience.

Okay, a logical response. But if I was to act as most in this thread, I'd just call it propaganda against the pious Northern Alliance.

Anyways, coming to the realities, Northern Alliance was also driven by revenge. In 1998, Taliban carried out a massacre of non-Pashtoons in Mazar-e-Sharif, and it's well documented, Pakistan even tried to stop them but it was too late.

So, Afghans have been killing each other, my problem is with declaring one faction all pure and the other one evil.
Yes and prior to the formation of the Taliban after the soviets withdrew what occured in huge parts of Afghanistan? Warlords and fighters killing rival factions and committing acts of mass rape. The cycle of violence will continue.
If the world can declare ANA pure the Talibans will also have allies who will side by them.

So, Afghans have been killing each other, my problem is with declaring one faction all pure and the other one evil.

Well, one faction is pure, because it is and has been consistent throughout its existence. The reason is they have always fought against intrusion in Afghanistan, whether they be Soviets or the Americans. That's the difference and that is what should be respected.

So when will we be seeing an English speak rural area Afghan girl in UN who was forced to marry Afghan Taliban fighter ?

When nothing logical works bring in the women card against the locals. Won't take anything without a pinch of salt anything coming out of a "free world's " imposed set of pedos and drug dealers.

Okay, a logical response. But if I was to act as most in this thread, I'd just call it propaganda against the pious Northern Alliance.

Anyways, coming to the realities, Northern Alliance was also driven by revenge. In 1998, Taliban carried out a massacre of non-Pashtoons in Mazar-e-Sharif, and it's well documented, Pakistan even tried to stop them but it was too late.

Right now you should be more worried about either engaging with pedo afghan warlords or the local resistance movement marrying with locals

Well, one faction is pure, because it is and has been consistent throughout its existence. The reason is they have always fought against intrusion in Afghanistan, whether they be Soviets or the Americans. That's the difference and that is what should be respected.

Dude, most of whom fought the Soviets are either part of the Afghan Government or the opposition. Taliban hardly have any connection with the Mujahideen who fought the soviets. So please clarify which faction are you talking about?

As people and as a State, there's some responsibility about what ideology we support, Taliban, if you look at their literature and their public statements as well as their stance in Doha talks, want exactly the same as what TTP wanted in Pakistan; that is basically imposing their own version of Islam over the whole country. That's what the Taliban are fighting for now. When an ideology like this gets to power in your neighborhood, you will face its after-shocks.
Unfortunatly ANA are not allies of Pakistan they have proven it time and time with the alliance with india.

Right now you should be more worried about either engaging with pedo afghan warlords or the local resistance movement marrying with locals

Are you implying that local resistance is also not pedo? :) You'd be surprised how culturally ingrained that problem is in some ethnicities west of our border.
Unfortunatly ANA are not allies of Pakistan they have proven it time and time with the alliance with india.

That's absolutely true. And we should be looking for our own interest but in the longer run, do we want an extremist ideology running the state affairs in our backyard? That's the question for Pakistanis, as we lose the sight for future and rejoice tactical wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom