What's new

"Resistance 2.0." - Battle for Panjshir begins - Taliban claims victory

The biggest strength of guerrilla movements like the TTA is their unconventional tactics, this is what enabled them to fight of the US led coalition for so long and ultimately win. Now they have lost that advantage, they are on the offensive and have lost their flexibility and freedom of action. A guerrilla movement resorting to conventional tactics is the end of it. The Panjshiris are going to grind them to a stop or at the very least make victory extremely costly.

You will be disappointed. If you think they are gonna come in with armored vechicles you will be disappointed.. The Panjshiris are all talk and they have in truth no idea who they are dealing with.. They will get stormed during the night and fall by dawn on foot and mountain climbers descending on the city from every directions they won't know what hit them

uhm...wrong again. Taliban busy got done chewing up a super power (usa) and two big powers (uk & france) along with their indian and anglosaxon cronies, you think na stands a turd pellet of a chance? :lol:

your presence just brings a sewage stench...at leasttake a bath (with soap, ever heard of that? ) before showing up here. 8-)

If this is the case , soon we might see sharia in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

You worry about 4 million indians who have died from coronavirus and we'll worry about Pakistan and Afghanistan............ :azn::

You will be disappointed. If you think they are gonna come in with armored vechicles you will be disappointed.. The Panjshiris are all talk and they have in truth no idea who they are dealing with.. They will get stormed during the night and fall by dawn on foot and mountain climbers descending on the city from every directions they won't know what hit them
Attacking a valley strong point is not as easy as people imagine, what I am saying is that even a foot column advancing into the valley when the Panjshiris have the highest, most tactically located peaks is going to be no walk in the park. If it were as simple as people think it would have fell already, just like the rest of the country. The valley has been reinforced by the only viable elements of the ANA (their SOF), has armed locals, allegedly some heavy weapons and above all they have STAKES, they know they are getting butchered if they fall. US air/ SF is going to become part of the equation as soon as their evacuation is complete.
Attacking a valley strong point is not as easy as people imagine, what I am saying is that even a foot column advancing into the valley when the Panjshiris have the highest, most tactically located peaks is going to be no walk in the park. If it were as simple as people think it would have fell already, just like the rest of the country. The valley has been reinforced by the only viable elements of the ANA (their SOF), has armed locals, allegedly some heavy weapons and above all they have STAKES, they know they are getting butchered if they fall. US air/ SF is going to become part of the equation as soon as their evacuation is complete.
Edit: I have no love loss for the Panjshiris, so no I wont be disappointed either way. I am just looking at the situation based off history, my analysis and limited experience in this matter.

The US mission has come to a conclusion that much is certain they have no where to intervene from and also the US has a deal with IEA to not host elements against them hence they won't intervene this will impact the spirit of the deal. Even if they have a high ground you won't see a ghost coming in the dark and you can also claim a higher ground by just climbing higher on your part of the mountain since it is a long rangy mountain

The US mission has come to a conclusion that much is certain. Even if they have a high ground you won't see a ghost coming in the dark
The TTA is not some mythical omnipotent beast, taking peaks from a dug in enemy is no easy feat. The advance is either going to be a grinding halt or a very bloody victory.

The TTA is not some mythical omnipotent beast, taking peaks from a dug in enemy is no easy feat

Majority of these are just villagers who doesn't have tools he can't see much on a dark night despite having a machine gun mounted on a mountain top you can silently list in on him and snip him..

In a night attack on foot from the mountains TB will be inside the city by dawn this is an absolute ground reality

Very hard to fight in Panjshir it's narrow surrounded by jagged mountains full of twists and turns,With many smaller valley's inside Panjshir,It's a mincing machine.Without good air support a very dubious task for any invading force.One way talibans could try is cutting of vital supplies to the valley in hopes of surrender,Additionally adding more manpower to its ranks and try climbing the mountains,This could also come with its own challenges.

All in All tough battle in process.

Majority of these are just villagers who doesn't have tools he can't see much on a dark night despite having a machine gun mounted on a mountain top you can silently list in on him and snip him..

In a night attack on foot from the mountains TB will be inside the city by dawn this is an absolute ground reality
Let me know if they take over the valley by sunrise.

Let me know if they take over the valley by sunrise.

Once the attack is initiated ofcourse but now they are still talking they haven't initiated and 40 taliban delegation are inside panjshir for talks right now.. Until they leave and all talks fail you can expect the fall of panjshir without difficulty for TB 2.0...

TB 2.0 is a whole new animal all together

Screenshot_20210824-182645_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20210824-182608_Samsung Internet.jpg

ch'...oh ho, aray bhuyyia, looks like sharia coming to india sooner than you think na ray bhuyyia ray...:lol:

have that jizya ready, I only take small notes... ;)

Last edited:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom