What's new

request

Slav Defence

THINK TANK VICE CHAIRMAN: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
gentlemen and ladies,
Whenever you negatively rate any post,quote that post and mention reason for your negative rating.The advantage of doing so will be that troll won't be able to remove evidence by modifying post nor Title holder will be accused for nonsense.Plus,it will also help management ie mods to understand the scenario.If post will be too offensive...report it and negatively mark it as well.
Regards.

Very good call @Slav Defence.

I can also add, that the reason you do so is that if the post is violating the rules. So with quoting, if you do so, do not respond to the provocation itself.

gentlemen and ladies,
Whenever you negatively rate any post,quote that post and mention reason for your negative rating.The advantage of doing so will be that troll won't be able to remove evidence by modifying post nor Title holder will be accused for nonsense.Plus,it will also help management ie mods to understand the scenario.If post will be too offensive...report it and negatively mark it as well.
Regards.

I can also add, that the reason you do so is that if the post is violating the rules. So with quoting, if you do so, do not respond to the provocation itself.

So, by that way, you will make sure that an offensive post will remain forever even if the original post gets deleted.

Not a good idea, better select people who are worth giving power to rate and then sticking to their decision. This whole hierarchy of rating justification is analogous to failed(to some extent) justice system in our countries.

So, by that way, you will make sure that an offensive post will remain forever even if the original post gets deleted.

Not a good idea, better select people who are worth giving power to rate and then sticking to their decision. This whole hierarchy of rating justification is analogous to failed(to some extent) justice system in our countries.

No, the point is to that you only give a neg rating if it is against forum rules. With any luck one of us mods will show up.
IF somehow the original poster edits their post to avoid us, the proof for the neg rating is there in the person who quoted them.

Then if we want to remove the content, we can delete both posts.

No, the point is to that you only give a neg rating if it is against forum rules. With any luck one of us mods will show up.
IF somehow the original poster edits their post to avoid us, the proof for the neg rating is there in the person who quoted them.

Then if we want to remove the content, we can delete both posts.

So how are you gonna trace the quoted post in plethora of pages. Especially when the poster do not complain.

So how are you gonna trace the quoted post in plethora of pages. Especially when the poster do not complain.

You have to see it to understand it, it's quite simple, even if it is deleted or edited, we can see it.
And if the person who quotes doesn't alert us, then that is inviting trouble. But even with that trouble, with any luck, someone's going to show up either report the first post or the discussion following.

We try all our level best to select finest members for PDF.However, they are also humans and may commit mistakes.Do not expect us to be 100% perfect.Even though we don't hesitate in demoting those title holders who misuse their powers or authority. PDF history is filled with that and we have list of such posters who are demoted.
We are gifted with team of experienced mods who know for how to handle the situation.It is easy to critize or suggest my dear,but much challenging to sit on that place and plan.
Regards.

gentlemen and ladies,
Regards.

Besides the above, it will also help posters know what is not acceptable to the forum. This will help temper the readers subsequent posts.

In the past we had a system where when posts were removed the remover would leave behind a remark like ' off topic' , ' trolling' etc.

This helped both the poster & reader know what went wrong. Sure, some did contest the verdict but all in all it helped.

One more benfit will be that power misuse if done will be controlled.we will also be able to mark those title holders and discuss with them.

I have just negatively rated two post and quote back with reasons mentioned.There was not a single Indian who objected me on that!
However a member complained that he was negatively rated without any reason.I have requested him to report on GHQ

You have to see it to understand it, it's quite simple, even if it is deleted or edited, we can see it.
And if the person who quotes doesn't alert us, then that is inviting trouble. But even with that trouble, with any luck, someone's going to show up either report the first post or the discussion following.

You are perhaps not getting what I am saying.

Assume I abuse you in a post. Some TT will come and negatively rate me, he may also chose to report as well.

Now if my post happen at page 2 and the TT saw that post and quote me when thread has moved to page 25, what will happen?

I will never question his rating since I know I was abusive, a Mod may come and delete my post if it has not been automatically deleted.

But question is what will happen to quoted post? The abusive post will still be there at page 25.

The solution may be -
Whenever TT rate, he should report his quoted post as well so that some mod can be assign to delete that post as well.
You can always recover the deleted post in case of dispute.

We try all our level best to select finest members for PDF.However, they are also humans and may commit mistakes.Do not expect us to be 100% perfect.

A fool will think so.

Even though we don't hesitate in demoting those title holders who misuse their powers or authority. PDF history is filled with that and we have list of such posters who are demoted.

Quite aware of it (actually a lot), even with pre PDF era. I was, with full humbleness, pointing out a basic fallacy in your idea. I guess you dont like the counter question.

We are gifted with team of experienced mods who know for how to handle the situation.It is easy to critize or suggest my dear,but much challenging to sit on that place and plan.

I am also suggesting as you are. Dont you feel a collective suggestion is better than ill thought imposition of one idea?

Cheers :)

Assume I abuse you in a post. Some TT will come and negatively rate me, he may also chose to report as well.

Now if my post happen at page 2 and the TT saw that post and quote me when thread has moved to page 25, what will happen?

I will never question his rating since I know I was abusive, a Mod may come and delete my post if it has not been automatically deleted.

But question is what will happen to quoted post? The abusive post will still be there at page 25.

The solution may be -
Whenever TT rate, he should report his quoted post as well so that some mod can be assign to delete that post as well.

Right, I understand what you're saying.
As I said, it's our responsibility to not quote and alert mods where forum rules are broken, that would be a simple report plus a negative rating.

Where you want to quote as evidence, and also put a negative rating, then also alert mods, that way we will delete both.

However, if the post that quotes is not seen by us, there's one of two things that could happen. The discussion could continue (which is why I said, even if you quote, do not respond) or the discussion dies. If the discussion continues in the same manner, with any luck, someone else will come along and alert us for that and again we will deal with it.

Everything comes full circle back to us with regards to posts that need to be removed and posters than need to be dealt with.
So we are quite closely linked with negative ratings.

Right, I understand what you're saying.
As I said, it's our responsibility to not quote and alert mods where forum rules are broken, that would be a simple report plus a negative rating.

Where you want to quote as evidence, and also put a negative rating, then also alert mods, that way we will delete both.

However, if the post that quotes is not seen by us, there's one of two things that could happen. The discussion could continue (which is why I said, even if you quote, do not respond) or the discussion dies. If the discussion continues in the same manner, with any luck, someone else will come along and alert us for that and again we will deal with it.

Everything comes full circle back to us with regards to posts that need to be removed and posters than need to be dealt with.
So we are quite closely linked with negative ratings.

You guys will be loaded even more. :)

Anyways, I just wanted to bring my apprehensions in your notice. Carry on.

The solution may be -

A fool will think so.

Quite aware of it (actually a lot), even with pre PDF era. I was, with full humbleness, pointing out a basic fallacy in your idea. I guess you dont like the counter question.

I am also suggesting as you are. Dont you feel a collective suggestion is better than ill thought imposition of one idea?

Cheers :)
I am really astonished if you think like that.In fact, I love to get collective ideas and I always hate dictatorship.
The solution is again simple. Make a screen shot after taking these basic steps. Even a sabzi kaatne wali gharailoo woman knows for how to do that:D

I am really astonished if you think like that.In fact, I love to get collective ideas and I always hate dictatorship.
The solution is again simple. Make a screen shot after taking these basic steps. Even a sabzi kaatne wali gharailoo woman knows for how to do that:D

I didn't knew it, may be because I am not sabzi kaatne wali. :lol:

Many wont know here, you did right in opening a thread and letting all know. :D

And believe me, people are not that free or useless to keep on collecting snapshots of online posts.

I didn't knew it, may be because I am not sabzi kaatne wali. :lol:

Many wont know here, you did right in opening a thread and letting all know. :D

And believe me, people are not that free or useless to keep on collecting snapshots of online posts.
Then they better not complain my dear, since they are not listening or following ideas.Eventually, if they are not concerned or having time to do all this...then this is also natural that these people will not be much concerned that who said...what, to them and what should be done.They will come online,post...report and leave:D

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom