What's new

Rename Islamabad International Airport (IIA) after PM Benazir Bhutto

We have already used it too many times. Lustre of something runs out if you use it too often.

Agreed.

Agreed.
Ok. More of Allama Iqbal... or has that been done too many times??
More of King Porus???
More of Ahmad Khan Kharal the freedom fighter???

Not politicians please.......................
I would also consider Ayub Khan. He was the man who dreamed up new capital Islamabad, who then had it built so it kind of makes sense to honour the airport that serves the capital with his name. Although again my first choice is Gandhara. And I would rather the airport is named Ghandi international then either Liaqat or Qadeer khan. One lost us Kashmir while showing his fists and the other almost ruined Pakistan while running his private get rich quick import/export racket.

More of Allama Iqbal
Lahore Airport?

King Porus???
That would be cool. Almost as good as 'Gandhara'. I could see part of the airport with reliefs of Battle of Hydaspes giving Alexander run for his money

Okay, okay I got two winners -

• Avenfield International
  • 10% International

No way. I mean shes dead and all but she was more or less the same corrupt politician along the lines of Shareef scumbags. How about Edhi International Airport? You know honour your real heroes? Have Pakistan all ready forgotten about this great man?

Ayub Khan International Airport or Gandhara Intl Airport is better suited.I am leaning with Ayub Khan cause he is probably the least used name in Pakistan everything is Jinnah,or Iqbal nothing against them as they were the founding fathers of the Nation however Ayub Khan never gets credit because after the 1960s the same bastard politicians who took over from him maligned his legacy as a "dictator" and was against "muh democracy" later on the mullahism cancer came and they all called him a "American stooge" cause of some picture he had with JFK while he had the balls to kick the Yanks out in 1962 when they had the air base in KPK yet those same so called "mullahs" beg for Western Passports when going goes rough.Also not many young people know that much about him.
Ayub_khan_wih_quaid.PNG
Muhammed_Ayub_Khan_1972.jpg
irp1070.jpg
khan indian.jpg

Last edited:
El Sidd before his retirement wanted it to be renamed Abdul Qadir Khan International.

If every landmark is just a turf war for some political families or certain tribal clans then leave it at what it is, Islamabad International.

The amount of tedious work people go through to get these naming rights or have a new livery on the National carrier or any new town or district planned. We have taken hero worship to an extreme unhealthy limit which needs to curbed down if apart from few rocks with bhutto on it is the only legacy we planning for ourselves.

El Sidd before his retirement wanted it to be renamed Abdul Qadir Khan International.

If every landmark is just a turf war for some political families or certain tribal clans then leave it at what it is, Islamabad International.

The amount of tedious work people go through to get these naming rights or have a new livery on the National carrier or any new town or district planned. We have taken hero worship to an extreme unhealthy limit which needs to curbed down if apart from few rocks with bhutto on it is the only legacy we planning for ourselves.

That could be a good name as well might piss off some Yank embassy or Indian embassy employees but who tf cares about them lol

That could be a good name as well might piss off some Yank embassy or Indian embassy employees but who tf cares about them lol

It will atleast be in line with the national myth. 'Islam'abad with an airport named after the father of the Muslim Bomb.

Or pick the Edhi shade of things, the tireless humanist.

Nelson was quite a faulted man, you know. His affair with Lady Emma Hamilton was a point of particular notice, being incredibly scandalous in its time. It didn't stop him from getting a column right in the dead center of Trafalgar Square. Had he been removed from the navy on grounds of infidelity, the British empire would never have had dominated the world with the largest empire known to history.
The more you know!

Criticise his policies/actions in the capacity of his profession; avoid low blows like this. We're all very faulted individuals. We all sin, just in different ways. He has passed on now. Refrain from such unnecessary comments, which, as far as I'm concerned, amount to backbiting, or "gheebat". The Prophet (PBUH) asked us to refrain from talking ill of the dead.

As I said in another thread: do dismount from your highest of horses, kind sir!

Back
Top Bottom