What's new

Removal of Israeli flag from PDF

Should the Israeli flag be removed from PDF as entitled by Pakistan's policy?

• Aye - replace it with the Palestinian flag.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Nay - Keep things the same i.e. It's a flag which represents where someone is from.

Votes: 38 50.0%

• Total voters
PDF does not need to adhere to Pakistan's policy.
Bro,

PDF is a clear representation of Pakistani NARRATIVE and VOICES on so many levels but this is a platform which also ALLOW debate and deliberations between members of all nationalities in the world (people-to-people contact). This platform enable Pakistani members to address potential misconceptions about Pakistan as well as propaganda against Pakistan.

PDF is an expression of Pakistani SOFT POWER in short.

This is how I see things here.

Bro,

PDF is a clear representation of Pakistani NARRATIVE and VOICES on so many levels but this is a platform which also ALLOW debate and deliberations between members of all nationalities in the world (people-to-people contact). This platform enable Pakistani members to address potential misconceptions about Pakistan as well as propaganda against Pakistan.

My point was that PDF does not and need not follow official policy of Pakistan like PTV.

What members does is entirely voluntary.

Great work. The first insulting post in a 6 pages long thread discussing something very sensitive. Taking into consideration that you are a moderator as well, your achievement is even more stunning.

you do know Pakistan sold if-17s to marymar where the rohoinga Muslims were massacred and are being massacred ........ things can’t be partially ethical, they are ethical or they are not.

Kv

you do know Pakistan sold if-17s to marymar where the rohoinga Muslims were massacred and are being massacred ........ things can’t be partially ethical, they are ethical or they are not.

Kv

Rohongiyas were being funded by the outsiders just like TTP.

Pakistan officially does not recognize Israel.

This motion is seeking the removal of the Israeli flag from Pakistan Defence Forum. Pakistan does not recognize Israel as a country, as such, an Israeli flag should not be an option on a Pakistani domain either.

I suggest either the complete removal of the Israeli flag or its replacement with a Palestinian flag. Such a move is particularly important in a time where Israel is seeking to annex more Palestinian land. We must not remain silent.

Mods, we are watching your response on this initiative to correct a mistake.

@waz @LeGenD

@LeGenD, can you please remove the 3rd response option in the poll? It is saying the same at option 2.

I do not know why some mod chose to add the 3rd option.

Great work. The first insulting post in a 6 pages long thread discussing something very sensitive. Taking into consideration that you are a moderator as well, your achievement is even more stunning.
Bro,

Her post might sound bit harsh but she has a point.

Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion here on PDF - a freedom I am sure you desire for yourself as well.

@LeGenD, can you please remove the 3rd response option in the poll? It is saying the same at option 2.

I do not know why some mod chose to add the 3rd option.
Hmm.

I fixed it, in a better way.

Bro,

I agree with my fellow team, Hours (chief admin) has chimed in.
The flag represents the country they hail from and a view from there. I can see where the poster comes from, but us banning the flag will not change the fact the global community does recognise it, and also without national flags it would cause serious confusion on the board.
Of course the government of Pakistan does not recognise the state, but the government also doesn't run this forum, nor ever ran a forum for English speaking folks to express their views, hence the halfway house view we can have.

Officially Pakistan does not recognize Israel as a country but still, our GHQ and air HQ always consider Israel an important factor in all of their present and future planning. The same applies to us on this forum, we cannot just wish away all things we don't like.

This is a military forum to discuss military-related topics around the globe. If we hate Israel or treat it as an enemy state even then Israel is a strong military power of its region and global power as well considering their covert nuclear capability. Hence Israel is as relevant to this forum as other countries we hate.

Insulting? How is my post even insulting? We need to be realistic & reality is, we are not the official representative of Muslim ummah or Muslim countries. We need to prioritize our interests. That’s very simple and don’t be so emotional or sensitive.

This motion is seeking the removal of the Israeli flag from Pakistan Defence Forum. Pakistan does not recognize Israel as a country, as such, an Israeli flag should not be an option on a Pakistani domain either.

I suggest either the complete removal of the Israeli flag or its replacement with a Palestinian flag. Such a move is particularly important in a time where Israel is seeking to annex more Palestinian land. We must not remain silent.

Mods, we are watching your response on this initiative to correct a mistake.

@waz @LeGenD

From a Pakistani point of view, the ONLY flag we need to remove and completely ban is the indian flag. ALL other nations on this earth are fine as far as we are concerned.

You are entitled to have your opinion, but according to Pakistan, there is no country called "Israel". As such, there shouldn't be the flag of an imaginary country on a Pakistani domain.

Official stand of Pakistan to deny the existence of Israel is emblematic. It merely speaks of Pakistan’s standing point on Palestine & Israel issue. And we certainly hold out the oppression of Israel against the Palestinians. However, we can NOT deny the fact, Israel is a country now. It is represented with its own flag. So this forum is open to audience from across the globe with no exceptions.

You are entitled to have your opinion, but according to Pakistan, there is no country called "Israel". As such, there shouldn't be the flag of an imaginary country on a Pakistani domain.
Why? What Israel did was conquest of Muslim land which is Palestine and conquest of foreign land is legal.

If we follow the same logic then muslims also conquered Iraq, Syria, Iran, Afghanistan etc. When are muslims returning these lands to their original owners who are Christians, Buddhists, Zoroastrian, Jews and Hindus?

Israel’s treatment of Palestinians aside, their state exists now and we aren’t against the state itself, only it’s violation of Palestinian rights.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom