What's new

Rehman Malik thrown off PIA flight by passengers

There is no "trend". Social media is only for a very limited section of Pakistani society. Nothing will come out of this except a few destroyed careers.

Sir, even, in case of limited used. I think, social media is still making a big difference in terms of political awareness and even our politicians are some how feeling the heat as well.

Sir, even, in case of limited used. I think, social media is still making a big difference in terms of political awareness and even our politicians are some how feeling the heat as well.

I hope you are correct, but what you have said is more hope than reality.

eaf0ba4e82b4ea4cf363f4581b447c66.jpg

Ramesh Kumar denies role in causing delay of PIA flight | PAKISTAN - geo.tv

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) MNA, Ramesh Kumar denied that Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight PK- 370 was delayed because of him.

The PML-N MNA spoke to media outside Parliament and clarified that the reason for the delay was a technical fault.

Mr Kumar said the video was released on media without any inquiry. The MNA added that a man along with two of his companions harassed him.

Ramesh Kumar further said that the man who was heard on the video harassing him was affiliated with a political party. Kumar said he was threatened despite his explanation that he had nothing to do with Rehman Malik. He claimed Malik boarded the plane 10 minutes after him.

According to Ramesh Kumar, the captain did not take notice of the harassment. The PML-N also called for an investigation into why security was not called.

Background

Passengers of PK-370 who waited for about two hours for a flight from Karachi to Islamabad to take off forced former Interior Minister Rehman Malik and PML-N MNA Dr Ramesh Kumar off the PIA plane for causing the delay.

PK-370 was scheduled to take off from Karachi at 7pm on Monday but it was delayed for two hour reportedly because of waiting for Rehman Malik and Ramesh Kumar. The angry passengers yelled at Rehman Malik and Ramesh Kumar and bombarded them with several questions asking why they had made them wait for so long.

A video clip uploaded on a social networking site shows that the angry passengers forced Ramesh Kumar off the plane in spite of his resistance. The passengers shouted slogans of “go back” as he left.

Later, Rehman Malik boarded the aircraft but the passengers screamed at him, “You should apologise to these passengers. You should be ashamed of yourself. 250 passengers have been troubled because of you. You should go back.” The senator left the plane.

However, in a Twitter message, Rehman Malik on Tuesday denied the flight delay allegations levelled at him. He pointed out a PTI activist who stirred up the ruckus on the plane. Meanwhile, PIA suspended two employees over the delayed take-off.

PIA spokesperson Mashood Tajwar said that shift manager Nadeem Abro and terminal manager Shehzad were suspended due to the delayed take-off of PK-370. He said that initial delay was due to technical reasons, but the plane was delayed for a further 15 to 20 minutes.

Later, Tajwar cleared, “The flight was not delayed because of Rehman Malik. PIA does not promote VIP culture but this flight was delayed for an hour and 30 minutes due to a technical reason. The delay had been conveyed to passengers via SMS. Some passengers who had given the contact details of their travel agent may not have been conveyed the message by their agents.”

Two PIA employees are suspended. I hope that whoever did this is now abroad, with their immediate family.

Here and will remain here. This is self sustaining now. The rest is up to fate.

Ramesh Kumar further said that the man who was heard on the video harassing him was affiliated with a political party. Kumar said he was threatened despite his explanation that he had nothing to do with Rehman Malik. He claimed Malik boarded the plane 10 minutes after him.

Not the least bit.

Would you like to get their opinion too? Because they will all be giving them soon and NO one will be crediting Imran Khan.
If anything, its the power of the cellular phone and social media that is at work.

The same would be done to a General or Kulsoom Nawaz, the problem with all wannabe revolutionaries is that they are ready to follow their pied pipers but question anyone else because their pied piper is a Rasool to them.

Every revolution needs a leader to replace the existing order. Otherwise, the strongest organised forces left in the country, automatically take over. Look at what happened in the Arab Spring. The vision of the people of Egypt was betrayed and the strongest organised force (the islamists) took over. Then an even stronger force, the military (strengthened by america) took over. Look at what happened in Libya, Tunisia..etc. Their revolution was highjacked by the strongest organised forces (islamists) in the region which the people never wanted in the first place.

I understand your cynicism as a Pakistani (after years of betrayal by politicians), but you are wrong and I will call that out. Imran Khan is the only hope for Quaid-e-Azam's vision of Pakistan. If he was not there, what would you have.. TuQ (the islamist from a foreign country)? The Old guard (Zardari, Nawaz, Altaf..etc who have repeatedly raped the country)? or the Army (the one force which has successfully messed up islam in Pakistan, cut Pakistan in half through East Pakistan, and sold Pakistani soveriegnty away to western powers)?

Lets say Imran Khan was not there, what would happen? The country would go bankrupt and each province would break away just like what happened to Yugoslavia. Balochistan has BLA, Punjab has Nawaz, Sindh has PPP, Karachi/Hyderabad has MQM, KPK would become the grey state in limbo and end up being a target practice area for western drones (It will be combined with FATA and Afghanistan).

Imran Khan is the last hope for this country to stay united, stay true to Quaid-e-Azam's vision, clean up it's corruption, and not drift towards being an extremist/secterian sharia heaven like Libya/Iraq. Be glad that you have someone the people of Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and Iraq did not have. A leader who is moderate, non-secterian, true to the vision of the people, free from extremist ideology and actually has the character and ability to clean up this country.

:raise: @Oscar got a question relating to the video...is it by any chance being removed?

This one got removed from youtube :unsure:
ok the one in post 1 is working again but the youtube one is off..

There is no "trend". Social media is only for a very limited section of Pakistani society. Nothing will come out of this except a few destroyed careers.

Social media is not as limited as you think. Nowadays even drivers, peons and shopkeepers
(lower middle class) have Q Mobiles with Ufone internet on them. Yes, its obviously not as common as in the US but its still a lot.
Pakistan also has another form of "social media". SMSs chain messages. Seriously, those things spread like wildfire. That's how a lot of stuff (for example "Go Nawaz Go" campaign) spreads among Pakistanis who don't have internet. Practically everyone has some sort of SMS package.
Mentality is changing, information is everywhere. Slowly but surely, Pakistani society is changing for the better.

Nothing will come out of this except a few destroyed careers
I disagree. There might not be any immediate change (I mean, you can't expect politicians to suddenly become humble servants of the public in one day), but its a powerful sign/symbol. It shows that people are no longer going to sit and believe whatever these people tell them, neither are they going to tolerate politicians' badmashi. People are waking up.

As for the allegations that those people were all PTI workers, it doesn't matter. It just doesn't matter. Someone comes late for a flight, you either send him back or put him on the next flight. You don't make 200 people wait for one guy. The passengers were right and the politicians wrong. End of story. It's especially shameful how instead of apologizing, Rehman Malik was trying to justify delaying the flight.
It doesn't matter if the plane was late "due to technical problems" and Rehman Malik just happened to arrive, he came late and since he is a human being and not superior to the other passengers, he should have been treated in the same way the others are.

Last edited:
Social media is not as limited as you think. Nowadays even drivers, peons and shopkeepers
(lower middle class) have Q Mobiles with Ufone internet on them. Yes, its obviously not as common as in the US but its still a lot.
Pakistani also has another form of "social media". SMSs chain messages. Seriously, those things spread like wildfire. That's how a lot of stuff (for example "Go Nawaz Go" campaign) spreads among Pakistanis who don't have internet. Practically everyone has some sort of SMS package.
Mentality is changing, information is everywhere. Slowly but surely, Pakistani society is changing for the better.

I disagree. There might not be any immediate change (I mean, you can't expect politicians to suddenly become humble servants of the public in one day), but its a powerful sign/symbol. It shows that people are no longer going to sit and believe whatever these people tell them, neither are they going to tolerate politicians' badmashi. People are waking up.

As for the allegations that those people were all PTI workers, it doesn't matter. It just doesn't matter. Someone comes late for a flight, you either send him back or put him on the next flight. You don't make 200 people wait for one guy. The passengers were right and the politicians wrong. End of story. It's especially shameful how instead of apologizing, Rehman Malik was trying to justify delaying the flight.
It doesn't matter if the plane was late "due to technical problems" and Rehman Malik just happened to arrive, he came late and since he is a human being and not superior to the other passengers, he should have been treated in the same way the others are.

As I have said many times before, people are seeing too much into this incident, with many claims and hopes. While I agree with the sentiments, I would suggest waiting for actual evidence that support those claims and hopes, not going off prematurely.

As I have said many times before, people are seeing too much into this incident, with many claims and hopes. While I agree with the sentiments, I would suggest waiting for actual evidence that support those claims and hopes, not going off prematurely.
I understand your point but this is not the only thing or incident that gives me hope for Pakistan.

I understand your point but this is not the only thing or incident that gives me hope for Pakistan.

Sure, let us talk about what else gives you hope about Pakistan in light of this incident to keep on on topic in this thread.

سانحہ پی آئ اے سے متعلق سیاسی چٹکلے
پی آئ اے کے مسافروں کا مطالبہ درست تھا مگر طریقه کار غلط تھا سسٹم میں رہ کر مسائل حل ہونگے اس طرح سے اف لوڈ کرنے سے سسٹم اف لوڈ ہوسکتا ہے ---طلعت حسین

مسافروں کی ساری باتیں صحیح تھیں مگر رحمان ملک کو جہاز سے اتارنے کا مطالبہ نا ہوتا تو میں مسافروں کے ساتھ ہوتا، مسافر ضد اور آنا کا شکار تھے، آئندہ سے میں پی ای اے میں سفر نہیں کرونگا----جاویدچودھری

مجھے پہلے ہی ڈر تھا کہ ایسا ہوگا، عمران خان نے کور کمیٹی میں سب کے سامنے کہا کہ عوام اب ظلم برداشت نہیں کریگی، عدالت مجھے بلاۓ میں حقائق بتاؤنگا-----جاوید ہاشمی

ہم اف لوڈ ہونے والوں کے ساتھ ہیں اف لوڈ کرنے والوں کے ساتھ نہیں----پرویز رشید

پی آئ اے کی پرواز پی کے ٢٣٧ کے مسافروں کی جہاز اغوا کرنے کی کوشش، عملے کو یرغمال بنا لیا گیا، مسافروں کا تعلق پی ٹی ای سے ہے ----جیو ٹی وی

پارلیمنٹ رحمان ملک کے ساتھ ہے، حکومت اعلان کرے ہم پی آئ اے کی ہر فلائٹ لیٹ کرینگے اور دیکھتے ہیں کون ہمیں اف لوڈ کرتا ہے -----محمود خان اچکزئی

کسی مسافر کو فلائٹ سے اف لوڈ کرنا مغربی کلچر ہے، ہم مغربی کلچر اس ملک میں نہیں آنے دینگے، فلائٹ کا لیٹ ہونا پاکستانی کلچر ہے مسافر ہمارے کلچر کو ختم کرنا چاہتے ہیں ----مولانا فضل الرحمن

جمہوریت کے لئے ہم نے جیلیں کاٹی ہیں مٹھی بھر مسافروں کو جمہوریت ڈی ریل کرنے کی اجازت نہیں دینگے، عوامی نمایندے کو اف لوڈ کرنا جمہوریت اف لوڈ کرنے کے مترادف ہے ----خواجہ سعد رفیق

ان مسافروں کے پیچھے کسی تیسری قوت کا ہاتھ ہے، ہم نے جمہوریت کے لئے قربانیاں دی ہیں، ایک فلائٹ اگر تاخیر کا شکار ہوگئی تو کیا ہوا اس ملک میں پورے پورے طیارے ہائی جیک کیے ہیں لوگوں نے، مگر ہم نے ہمیشہ جمہوریت کا ساتھ دیا ہے، پی آئ اے قومی ادارہ ہے عوامی نمایندے کو اف لوڈ کرنا اس ملک کے خلاف سازش ہے----خورشید شاہ

الله کے فضل سے پی ای اے ترقی کی راہ پر ڈال دی گئی ہے..چند مسافر اس ترقی کو روک نہیں سکیںگے، مسافروں کو چاہیے کہ سیلاب زدگان کی مدد کریں ١٨ کروڑ عوام کے مینڈیٹ کا احترام کریں ----نواز شریف

عوام ہمارے ساتھ ہے پی ای اے کے مسافروں کو قوم نے رد کردیا ہے، خان صاحب بتائیں کے پی ٹی آئ کے کارکنوں کو جہاز کےٹکٹ کس نے خرید کر دیے ---شہباز شریف

پی ای اے میں مسافروں نے شرپسندی کی انکے خلاف آرٹیکل ٦ کے تحت مقدمہ درج ہوگا..کسی کو قنون ہاتھ میں لینے کی اجازت نہیں دی جائیگی --- رانا ثنا اللہ

یہ سب ایک خاص سکرپٹ کے تحت کیا جا رہا ہے، جنہیں جمہوریت سے خطرہ ہے وہی اس کے پیچھے ہیں----خواجہ آصف

بانیان پاکستان کی اولادوں کے ساتھ زیادتی ہو رہی ہے، مہاجر مسافر اگر رحمان ملک کو اف لوڈ کرتے تو انھیں غدار قرار دے دیا جاتا، محب وطن جرنیل اس سلسلے میں اپنا کردار ادا کرے---الطاف حسین

رحمان ملک کو اف لوڈ کرنا ١٨ کڑوڑ عوام کا فیصلہ ہے---طاہر القادری

اف لوڈ کر نہیں رہے اف لوڈ کرچکے ہیں ---عمران خان

@Oscar

Have you made this video.. because you are given credit on siasat.pk....

Why is it problem for you seeing people rasing voice for injustice with them.... Nooray

I made that thread at siasat.pk 5-10 mins. after @Oscar posted that video here and also updated it with other videos as well.. if Oscar doesn't wanna take credit for it then i can edit it:dirol:

I made that thread at siasat.pk 5-10 mins. after @Oscar posted that video here and also updated it with other videos as well.. if Oscar doesn't wanna take credit for it then i can edit it:dirol:
There is no credit for the video. Just please push for people to spread the message that it was not just one person.. but all the passengers. A face is always good.. but a message is better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom