What's new

Reform Movements in the Chinese Army

Bogeyman

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Chairman Xi Remakes the PLA: Assessing Chinese Military Reforms
https://ndupress.ndu.edu/Portals/68/Documents/Books/Chairman-Xi/Chairman-Xi.pdf

This book was created based on papers presented at two conferences on reforming the Chinese army, jointly organized by the US National Defense University, RAND Corporation and Taiwan's Council for Advanced Policy Studies.
The book examines in detail the issues of reforms, PLA's ability to conduct joint operations, the Chinese Communist Party's control of the army, and civil-military integration. The contributors review the driving forces and strategic context that underpin reform efforts, exploring the various aspects of PLA's efforts to create a force to conduct joint operations ...
NOTE: The book is published as 782 pages.
The book was published on 11 February 2019.

NOTE: The book is published as 782 pages.
Anything to say about it other than two slighty edited paragraphs copied straight from the vendors product description? You did read it? Or are you asking for feedback?

1) I do not speak English well enough to read such resources.
2) Such resources will be the number one reference source for academicians, engineers and soldiers conducting research in this field. I offer people a gold platter that they can't find even if they call.
3) Finally I do not expect a feedback. I'm not patient enough to read a 700-page book from a computer.

1) I do not speak English well enough to read such resources.
2) Such resources will be the number one reference source for academicians, engineers and soldiers conducting research in this field. I offer people a gold platter that they can't find even if they call.
3) Finally I do not expect a feedback. I'm not patient enough to read a 700-page book from a computer.
So you didn't read it and wont bother to read it, but simultaneously call it a number one reference and a service for others to have it dumped here without a real comment for some weird reason that doesnt match with reality?

You sure, you didnt just see it on one of the dozen American centric conservative and rightwing mainstream podcasts, feeds and online jounals for layman you keep copying all your other articles from, that have promoted this book? Took me 10 seconds to find three where its frontpage material including the usual overrated suspects like foreignaffairs.com. Not exactly a hard find.

I don't force the perspective of the report to anyone. You accept it, or you ignore it completely. This is not my problem. The fact that I have shared a report from a camp opposing its own political viewpoint in a subjective approach does not reduce the credibility of the report or resource to zero.

If you were a real professional, you would have to indicate individually which interpretation is biased. You should also indicate why you are opposed and where the error is.
You don't look like a real pro.
So I suggest you keep your amateur interpretation for yourself.

Such resources will be the number one reference source for academicians, engineers and soldiers conducting research in this field.
For a so-called No.1 resource, take a quick look at what exactly the No.1 resource is talking

The DF-41 program does not exist.
upload_2019-12-2_18-4-39.png

China in total has 15 DF-31A launchers
upload_2019-12-2_18-8-3.png

What China displays in the PRC 70th anniversary military parade
16 DF41 launchers, which the No.1 resource claims it does not exist at all
upload_2019-12-2_18-21-17.png

16 DF31A launchers, which the No.1 resource says it is actually the total inventory of DF31A launchers the PLA Rocket force owns.
upload_2019-12-2_18-23-21.png

Back
Top Bottom