What's new

Redacted

I was riding at 30 kmph , by the time i hit him it was 10 kmph
Well either way you are both very lucky. Knowing trauma kinematics when you hit something at say 10 mph you have to understand the potential for injury.

When you travel in any vehicle and collide or come to a dead stop, you were travelling at x mph, your internal organs were also travelling inside your body > those organs are exposed to immediate traumatic pressure, now add your weight and the weight of your scooter (0.5)(mass)(velocity2) and apply that to the body of the child.

This is why in motor car cashes especially we see patients with Traumatic aortic transection where the aorta rips apart from its internal structure following an accident due to the impact of suddenly stopping or impacting the internal structure inside the body:

1655539722453.png

Anyway, I don't mean to lecture you, but I have seen a lot of RTC related deaths in my lifetime, people (motorcyclists/cyclists/drivers and pedestrians) need to be more considerate and look after themselves. Society as a whole needs to do more to take responsibility for using the road - I don't have any statistics for India but in Pakistan Road traffic accidents claim on average 36,000 lives a year*, the WHO claims 1.2 Million a year die as a result of RTC's.

1655539833552.png

Speed awareness, safer road usage and teaching people about pedestrian /Zebra crossings is so important. Sadly in Pakistan even today despite a lot of very good work by Islamabad Traffic Police, people ignore the use of Zebra Crossings and motorists don't obey the rule of yielding to pedestrians crossing on Zebra crossings despite it being an offence:

1655540189280.png

Many nations across the world have an established hierarchy of road users based on vulnerability, these practices should be adopted and enforced in Pakistan and South Asia, but sadly there is so much wrong in our respective countries that public safety is an after thought both in the minds of the public and the establishment:

1655540339201.png

*Source: Rescue 1122 annual performance report.
---

So i was driving today my scooter at moderate speed , 30 kmph that is.
Suddenly a kid came in front of me, 13 14 year old, from inside a gym , I mean really suddenly in a couple of seconds
I blared the horn, shouted ( hatt jaaa!) And applied brakes .with all my strength
The kid didn't even bother to look to his right side from where i was coming .
It was a really short time , 2 seconds more or less.
So the kid was hit by me , at a really slow speed ( 10 km ph )
He fell down. And my life flashed before my eyes ( jail to ab pakka hogi ,I felt )
To my luck the kid got up and said he was okay and giggled .
His father came to him and asked him to be careful , and look for both sides .
I apologised profoundly to the kids father.he said he was okay.
Still i feel.bad , I mean i hit a live person with my scooter .
Although he giggled.
Why can't today's parents teach kids to cross roads carefully , my father taught me when I was kids age
Even though iam quite old now hehe
Kids should be taught be how to cross road
It is easier to stop walking and then stopping a scooter .

@sainthood101
@_NOBODY_
@SIPRA
@RescueRanger

It feels bad , I mean it feels really bad to hit some body with your vehicle

What to do in these situations ?
@Dr jekyall

Can't blame the parents - unfortunately so many youngsters are careless.

The amount of people walking across the road wearing headphones, or whilst using thier phone. It's shocking.

in pakistan if driver hits someone he will do the first thing:
1. get out of the vehicle walk over the body to the front of the car to check for dents.
2. ring mechanic to book in repair if any dents.
3. look under vehicle to remove any hair and skin
4. ring his family to say the bad news the car got dented by someone.
5.ring police to say how much bribe you want, to give me justice
6.police arrive and handcuff the body.
7.get back in the car because he is busy and speed off.
8.police ring family of the dead body and say you all under arrest becuase your son hit into a car.

1. get out of the vehicle walk over the body to the front of the car to check for dents.
8.police ring family of the dead body and say you all under arrest becuase your son hit into a car.
Here , You never ever stop or get into argument with a gujjar driver in North India ( where they reside ) in and around Delhi , Haryana, that is
Gujjar are pure unadulterated Madlads .

Well either way you are both very lucky. Knowing trauma kinematics when you hit something at say 10 mph you have to understand the potential for injury.

When you travel in any vehicle and collide or come to a dead stop, you were travelling at x mph, your internal organs were also travelling inside your body > those organs are exposed to immediate traumatic pressure, now add your weight and the weight of your scooter (0.5)(mass)(velocity2) and apply that to the body of the child.

This is why in motor car cashes especially we see patients with Traumatic aortic transection where the aorta rips apart from its internal structure following an accident due to the impact of suddenly stopping or impacting the internal structure inside the body:

View attachment 854855

Anyway, I don't mean to lecture you, but I have seen a lot of RTC related deaths in my lifetime, people (motorcyclists/cyclists/drivers and pedestrians) need to be more considerate and look after themselves. Society as a whole needs to do more to take responsibility for using the road - I don't have any statistics for India but in Pakistan Road traffic accidents claim on average 36,000 lives a year*, the WHO claims 1.2 Million a year die as a result of RTC's.

View attachment 854856
Speed awareness, safer road usage and teaching people about pedestrian /Zebra crossings is so important. Sadly in Pakistan even today despite a lot of very good work by Islamabad Traffic Police, people ignore the use of Zebra Crossings and motorists don't obey the rule of yielding to pedestrians crossing on Zebra crossings despite it being an offence:

View attachment 854863

Many nations across the world have an established hierarchy of road users based on vulnerability, these practices should be adopted and enforced in Pakistan and South Asia, but sadly there is so much wrong in our respective countries that public safety is an after thought both in the minds of the public and the establishment:

View attachment 854865
*Source: Rescue 1122 annual performance report.
--

I checked for blood in front part of my scooter.
There wasn't any , not a drop

Here , You never ever stop or get into argument with a gujjar driver in North India ( where they reside ) in and around Delhi , Haryana, that is
Gujjar are pure unadulterated Madlads .

I checked for blood in front part of my scooter.
There wasn't any , not a drop
gujjars are off their tits, they fight among themselves.

So i was driving today my scooter at moderate speed , 30 kmph that is.
Suddenly a kid came in front of me, 13 14 year old, from inside a gym , I mean really suddenly in a couple of seconds
I blared the horn, shouted ( hatt jaaa!) And applied brakes .with all my strength
The kid didn't even bother to look to his right side from where i was coming .
It was a really short time , 2 seconds more or less.
So the kid was hit by me , at a really slow speed ( 10 km ph )
He fell down. And my life flashed before my eyes ( jail to ab pakka hogi ,I felt )
To my luck the kid got up and said he was okay and giggled .
His father came to him and asked him to be careful , and look for both sides .
I apologised profoundly to the kids father.he said he was okay.
Still i feel.bad , I mean i hit a live person with my scooter .
Although he giggled.
Why can't today's parents teach kids to cross roads carefully , my father taught me when I was kids age
Even though iam quite old now hehe
Kids should be taught be how to cross road
It is easier to stop walking and then stopping a scooter .

@sainthood101
@_NOBODY_
@SIPRA
@RescueRanger

It feels bad , I mean it feels really bad to hit some body with your vehicle

What to do in these situations ?
@Dr jekyall
Slowing down in front of buildings where kids come out of will help. More Zebra crossings and strict regulations against jay walking should be applied. It seems you did all you could and it was one of those things which were due to happen.Qadar Allaho ma'shaafa'aala. Alhamdolillah no one was hurt and technically you could not have been blamed

I
Slowing down in front of buildings where kids come out of will help. More Zebra crossings and strict regulations against jay walking should be applied. It seems you did all you could and it was one of those things which were due to happen.Qadar Allaho ma'shaafa'aala. Alhamdolillah no one was hurt and technically you could not have been blamed
Indeed sir,it happened as it was bound to happen

Are you iranian

I

Indeed sir,it happened as it was bound to happen

Are you iranian
The question is irrelevant. I speak the truth at all times except sometimes with the Mrs, and that too just to avoid another argument. Ask @ Joe shearer who I am.
A

Back
Top Bottom