What's new

Recovered coronavirus patient, 86, kneels down to thank medical staff in Wuhan

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Recovered coronavirus patient, 86, kneels down to thank medical staff

An 86-year-old COVID-19 patient in Wuhan knelt down to express gratitude to medical workers. She had fully recovered and was being discharged from hospital.

Touching Moment | 9-year-old patient bids farewell to medical team
Wenwen, the youngest COVID-19 patient at one of Wuhan's temporary hospitals, left the hospital earlier this week in an emotional send-off. The nine-year-old girl was separated from her parents, who also tested positive for the new coronavirus and were being treated at different medical facilities according to the severity of their condition. A medical team from east China's Shandong Province, whose members have been volunteering at the hospital, bid the girl farewell. Before Wenwen left, she took a photo with the medical staff. "I thank you all on behalf of Wuhan," Wenwen told them.

100-year-old Chinese man recovers from coronavirus, the oldest patient to beat illness
By Jackie Salo

March 8, 2020

A 100-year-old Chinese man has fully recovered from the coronavirus, making him the oldest known patient to pull through the deadly illness, state media reported.

The centenarian patient, who marked his milestone birthday last month, was discharged Saturday from a hospital in Wuhan, the epicenter of the outbreak, Chinese state news agency Xinhua reported.

He was admitted to Hubei’s Maternity and Child Health Care hospital on Feb. 24 with the coronavirus infection, the report said.

The man suffered from underlying health issues such as Alzheimer’s disease, hypertension and heart failure, the outlet said.

He was treated using antiviral medication, convalescent plasma therapy and traditional Chinese medicine, according to the report. The elderly man was then cleared along with more than 80 other patients Saturday to leave the hospital.

The contagious bug, which is officially known as COVID-19, can be particularly severe for the elderly population and those with pre-existing health conditions.

China has reported more than 80,000 cases and at least 3,000 deaths, mostly in the Hubei province.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/08/100-y...ronavirus-the-oldest-patient-to-beat-illness/

Well done China, if i had opportunity i would also kneel down to say thankyou.
Saving lives is the purpose of human existence and the doctors and China, did it.
I hope to see China learn lesson out of it and will come out as more mature state.

Back
Top Bottom