What's new

Recommendation for SUV

Tie between Subaru and RAV4. Subaru is a very tough car and does very well in rallies around the world.

RAV4 is good too in reliability. I assume you will be mostly city driving, so RAV4 will be a good choice. It drives like a car.

Depends.. where you live! and what are your expectations!

Is it handling, resale, fuel economy, passengers comfort and numbers .. are you looking after?

Do you plan to ride on road or off road, your terrain is hilly areas or plains?

Subaru is no doubt a good brand and if you have to ride on icy roads / dirt tracks, i would definitely recommend it.

If you are more into crossover than choice is rather big.

Depends.. where you live! and what are your expectations!

Is it handling, resale, fuel economy, passengers comfort and numbers .. are you looking after?

Do you plan to ride on road or off road, your terrain is hilly areas or plains?

Subaru is no doubt a good brand and if you have to ride on icy roads / dirt tracks, i would definitely recommend it.

If you are more into crossover than choice is rather big.

No snow here mate in perth - comfort, resale and fuel economy in that order.

I'd go with the CX-5 diesel. Right now CX-5 is the market leader in this segment. Good fuel economy, good resale value and plenty of features.

Something like this.

2013 Mazda CX-5 KE Series Maxx Sport SKYACTIV-Drive All Wheel Drive

Good addition in my list, thank Roybot.
I will def test drive one.

No snow here mate in perth - comfort, resale and fuel economy in that order.

I know European cars are pretty expensive in Australia.. so those are out of the list.

CX-5 will fit in your budget and is reliable & fuel efficient... too.

BTW... bloody expensive city, you live in mate.. has the construction work for train to airport finished?

I know European cars are pretty expensive in Australia.. so those are out of the list.

CX-5 will fit in your budget and is reliable & fuel efficient... too.

BTW... bloody expensive city, you live in mate.. has the construction work for train to airport finished?

yes massive taxes on luxury cars :angry:
hahaha no that train line is still in limbo, actually there are speculating it might be cancelled. Liberals never build train tracks :disagree:

What about Kia sportage? Its got some pretty good reviews.

yes eventually when i get one :D

I didn't see any recommendation from you though ?:undecided:

yar not too interested in Korean cars although they are coming of age now.

I am not too familiar with the domestic Australian market, that is why I have not suggested something.

A Subaru Forest XT with a manual transmission, or a Toytoa RAV4 with the petrol V-6 engine and automatic would be my choices, whatever fits my budget.

My friend had a RAV4. One small accident with a Lexus, and the repair costed USD 14,000 including engine. It was just a small intersection in his neighborhood. Cross that off the list. I've been in it, useless and light weight.

Try Ford Explorer, Nissan Patrol or Land Cruiser, if the budget permits.

My friend had a RAV4. One small accident with a Lexus, and the repair costed USD 14,000 including engine. It was just a small intersection in his neighborhood. Cross that off the list. I've been in it, useless and light weight.

Try Ford Explorer, Nissan Patrol or Land Cruiser, if the budget permits.

Those are large SUVs, not midsize.

yes eventually when i get one :D

I didn't see any recommendation from you though ?:undecided:

yar not too interested in Korean cars although they are coming of age now.

Dont know much about Australia, but Kia sportage is a big hit in GCC...a well made car, interior is good, exterior takes some time getting used to, spacious and comfy...runs well.

VW Tiguan is another option you should look at, German and all.

Do not limit your options to Japanese only.

Back
Top Bottom